CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
IBleedGarnetandBlack
The Yancey
peterlemon
Spurticus
bcolinc
zcoop
Cockypantherfan
Kyle76
ccured
The Demise of the 3- (2626)
East Carolina Predic (1759)
Why didn't Wes Green (1435)
A&M on 3rd down (853)
You guys are horribl (694)
louisville (654)
It's the offenses no (589)
Did we ever go after (517)
All of our defensive (416)
Watching the Georgia (322)
The Demise of the 3-4
It's the offenses not the
2016 - Rozelle Nix
All of our defensive play
A few thoughts
Browns sign Rex Grossman,
A&M on 3rd down
Uniform thread
2015 - Amonte Caban
USC vs. Texas A&M Pre

Old 02-21-2014, 11:38 AM   #501
Thenardier
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
Thenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot material
Default Re: Official Sochi 2014 XXII Winter Olympiad Thread

Bummer, I like the Fins.
Thenardier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 11:44 AM   #502
B-G
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
B-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPit

I think at this point I would rather see Finland in the gold medal game, especially if Rask was sick. Of course we gotta win today, but going against Lundqvist is no easy task.
Old 02-21-2014, 11:46 AM   #503
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

I'm sorry but I can't take figure skating seriously. What they do is awesome and increbily skillful. And I realize many people think it is beautiful. However, there is still far too much corruption in figure skating and some of the decisions leave people scratching their heads.

Yes, there are other sports which are judged by human beings rather than a clock. However, their decisions are much more consistent and make more sense than the decisions that come out of figure skating. It's still a corrupt sport and that's not the fault of the skaters.
Old 02-21-2014, 11:49 AM   #504
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

My friend had it right when he said it sucks for figure skating as a whole when it's really only in the spotlight even four years and then they had a result like that. If you look at the overall body and competition within every country and Grand Prix circuts, you don't see stuff like this, but with it being highlighted last night it makes everyone go hmmmmmm and turns them off of it forever.
ktguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 02:18 PM   #505
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

I interrupt your hockey viewing to bring you a couple SPOILERS
18 year old US skier Mikaela Shiffrin wins GOLD in the slalom after nearly wiping out on her second run. She's the youngest to ever win the event! With that the US has now tied their Vancouver gold medal total at 9.
And the US men's short track team finally broke through and got a silver medal in the relay event.

Last edited by ktguen; 02-21-2014 at 04:06 PM.
Old 02-21-2014, 04:15 PM   #506
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

I've got some good Canadian friends. Been to the country quite a few times. Would love to see more of the country. However, after the results from the last two days, I actually dislike Canada for the first time in my life.
Old 02-21-2014, 04:35 PM   #507
B-G
Bowl MVP

Male

B-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPit

^that is an amazing story.

We just got beat by a better team. Can't really get mad about that.
Quick kept us in the game and we couldn't generate any real scoring chances.
Old 02-21-2014, 04:50 PM   #508
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-G View Post
^that is an amazing story.

We just got beat by a better team. Can't really get mad about that.
Quick kept us in the game and we couldn't generate any real scoring chances.
If I'm honest, I'm probably more upset at the US than I am in Canada. However, I had never imagined Canada being our enemy in anything. So the last two days have brought me to that point (even if we are to blame more than Canada).
Old 02-21-2014, 04:55 PM   #509
B-G
Bowl MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscjeremynca View Post
If I'm honest, I'm probably more upset at the US than I am in Canada. However, I had never imagined Canada being our enemy in anything. So the last two days have brought me to that point (even if we are to blame more than Canada).

Canada has always been our rival when it comes to hockey, became bigger in Salt Lake and bigger after Vancouver and Sochi.

Both teams are all NHL players who play against each other every night.

And by mad about that I mean the outcome of the game. Wasn't like yesterday's women's game, and it wasn't like we lost to a worse team (like if we had gotten beat by Czech or Slovakia)
Old 02-21-2014, 05:04 PM   #510
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Canada has always been our rival when it comes to hockey, became bigger in Salt Lake and bigger after Vancouver and Sochi.

Both teams are all NHL players who play against each other every night.

And by mad about that I mean the outcome of the game. Wasn't like yesterday's women's game, and it wasn't like we lost to a worse team (like if we had gotten beat by Czech or Slovakia)
Of course. We're both good at it. And we've actually improved over the years as we are getting more quality guys in the NHL from the US.

I like Canada. I'll never hate them. The last couple of days has just made them a rivalry more than other any time of year.

Last year, I was in Toronto for the US/Canada women's soccer match. Now that was pretty intense and a lot of fun. I even got a ticket sitting in the section with the Canadian ultras. I was the only one cheering for the US. I got a lot of strange looks and could tell people were looking at me. However, everyone was nice. But it's the most tension I've experienced between our two countries (and even then, it wasn't bad).

Last edited by uscjeremynca; 02-21-2014 at 05:14 PM.
uscjeremynca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 05:05 PM   #511
B-G
Bowl MVP

Male

Once again.

Cool story
Old 02-21-2014, 06:26 PM   #512
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

I'm not mad about it. We were outplayed. More bummed about to women's game yesterday.
Old 02-21-2014, 06:37 PM   #513
B-G
Bowl MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktguen View Post
I'm not mad about it. We were outplayed. More bummed about to women's game yesterday.
This
Old 02-21-2014, 06:41 PM   #514
SECgamecock453
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 15800
SECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPit
Send a message via AIM to SECgamecock453

Screw Canada... kind of worried we won't even medal now. Our team will surely be disappointed now with Bronze being their best case scenario. Finland could easily destroy us.
Old 02-21-2014, 06:46 PM   #515
B-G
Bowl MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECgamecock453 View Post
Screw Canada... kind of worried we won't even medal now. Our team will surely be disappointed now with Bronze being their best case scenario. Finland could easily destroy us.
And we could easily destroy Finland.

On paper we are definitely better. And if Rask isn't in net that helps us more.
Problem is, will our team be up for it? I think so. The glue of our team (Parise, Backes, Brown and Callahan) will not let that happen. (In my opinion)
Old 02-21-2014, 07:02 PM   #516
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 4466416
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

I thought the russian skated better. She was more dynamic and had more pace. She also hit 7 triples which 5 were in combos and the korean hit 6 triples which 3 were in combos. I was very surprised because before I actually watched it I was on the conspiracy bandwagon.
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 07:33 PM   #517
Thenardier
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
Thenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot material

Quote:
And we could easily destroy Finland.

On paper we are definitely better. And if Rask isn't in net that helps us more.
Problem is, will our team be up for it? I think so. The glue of our team (Parise, Backes, Brown and Callahan) will not let that happen. (In my opinion)
Huh? The Fins are very good.
Thenardier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 07:48 PM   #518
B-G
Bowl MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenardier View Post
Huh? The Fins are very good.
You didn't really understand what I meant.

Wasn't saying the fins aren't really good. But we are better. (And don't go by world rankings, all of our players play in the NHL which overlaps with any world tournament/ owners disallow them from playing in it)
Problem is, we were gold medal or bust.

The main aspect of this game is are we up for the bronze medal.
In my opinion those 4 players I named won't let us be. But I could be wrong.
Old 02-21-2014, 07:54 PM   #519
B-G
Bowl MVP

Male

Default Re: 2014 Winter Olympics

Quote:
I expect us Sweden or Canada to win it.

I know Russia is favored but they always choke and are soft.
I'm a genius.
Old 02-21-2014, 08:00 PM   #520
Spurrier_Superior_One
Excuse Free Zone

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...,6537676.story

Doping in the Olympics, color me shocked.