CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ucan'tlickourcocks
Regalcock
Gamecocks1137
b381l
Tolley
WeStillOwnUSC
GamecockGuardsman
taylorssc
GarnetSwarm1990
kingofnerf
TN game weather (1248)
Who is your favorite (970)
Aliens Are Real (465)
Marvel releases movi (438)
Michigan AD Dave Bra (431)
FSU vs. Louisville (335)
Virgin Spaceship Exp (281)
Need a ride tomorrow (204)
Brady Hoke Motivatio (178)
Talking Animals (154)
Uniforms for Tenn
Who is your favorite play
Have you ever been so wro
Interesting quotes from D
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
TN game weather
USC/Tennessee 11/1/2014
Cavs vs. Bulls
2014 Garnet and Black Wor
2014 Ultimate Tailgate --

Old 02-20-2014, 11:48 AM   #41
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material
Default Re: In State Recruits

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBASEBALL1 View Post
Nah man not everyone can. Yeah if you want to get on PEDS than yeah but not everyone cannot just gain that type of muscle mass naturally. No way.
No sir you are wrong. It is extremely possibly for someone to add 35-40 lbs of muscle in about 2 years. Especially at these age groups.

All do respect, I work in this industry and have seen it done time and time again.

To say that an 18 year old kid can't put on 35 lbs in almost 2 years is ludacris. I've trained kids and seen others that have added almost that much in a year. Proper nutrition and eating enough combined with a good strength training program and it is possible.

Last edited by PageUSC; 02-20-2014 at 12:00 PM.
PageUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 11:50 AM   #42
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

Quote:
ETG is 100% right. This kid is very very similar to English. He is a nice talent but he will have to develop and I really doubt he will make any type of instant impact.
100 percent agree. It will be a long and hard road to put on the weight he needs to but entirely possible in a few years
Old 02-21-2014, 10:54 PM   #43
Jim Lahey
I am the liquor

Male

CockyCash: 700
Jim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot material

Quote:
Nah man not everyone can. Yeah if you want to get on PEDS than yeah but not everyone cannot just gain that type of muscle mass naturally. No way.

This. Not as easy as you think.

When you plant shit-seeds. You get shit-weeds.
Jim Lahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 12:22 AM   #44
sandstorm2001
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100700
sandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by PageUSC View Post
No sir you are wrong. It is extremely possibly for someone to add 35-40 lbs of muscle in about 2 years. Especially at these age groups.

All do respect, I work in this industry and have seen it done time and time again.

To say that an 18 year old kid can't put on 35 lbs in almost 2 years is ludacris. I've trained kids and seen others that have added almost that much in a year. Proper nutrition and eating enough combined with a good strength training program and it is possible.
I have a friend that went from 135 to 195 in a year. That doesn't mean I'm going to say that anyone is capable of putting on weight like that. Genetics, genetics, genetics. Some people think about lifting weights and put on muscle. Other people lift a lot and really struggle to put on weight. That isn't even factoring in how adding that much weight would effect his speed, flexibility, agility, etc.
Old 02-22-2014, 01:25 AM   #45
roosterdude21
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 11664
roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material

Squats and drinking gallons of milk. Old school style
roosterdude21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 01:30 AM   #46
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
Gamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by roosterdude21 View Post
Squats and drinking gallons of milk. Old school style
Gamecocks321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 01:41 AM   #47
roosterdude21
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 11664
roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks321 View Post
What's this, should it help with my blown out knees from doing squats which is actually a really bad exercise? Haha
roosterdude21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 10:12 AM   #48
BornCocky'86
Good...Great

Male

CockyCash: 283
BornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by PageUSC View Post

If it's so easy for everybody than why has English struggled. You are grouping everybody into that notion, when it differs on a case by case basis.

Back to instate 2015...
I want guys who want to be gamecocks. Guys who have grown up loving this school as much as I did.
Chalmers and Blackshear are two of these guys.
Anybody else y'all know of?
"I think maybe we should just sit here quietly now and not say anything, and let you just kinda contemplate on the news I just dropped on you, and let me just kinda contemplate on my own pain and sorrows right now."

Kenny Powers
BornCocky'86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 10:17 AM   #49
BornCocky'86
Good...Great

Male

CockyCash: 283
BornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPit

Oops double post
"I think maybe we should just sit here quietly now and not say anything, and let you just kinda contemplate on the news I just dropped on you, and let me just kinda contemplate on my own pain and sorrows right now."

Kenny Powers
BornCocky'86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 09:54 PM   #50
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 200
4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

How about destin guillen, Shaquille crouch, and the Kelly kid who's a qb but looks like he'd be a hell of an athlete wherever you put him?
4gamecockfb is offline   Reply With Quote