CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
Ericvol2096
GamecockSuperFan
robgusc76
cocks are us
El Cid Ranger
A. Pilgrim
taylorssc
l^l^lBGCock
jellafever
BLACK OUT!!!!!!! (2549)
Jimbo Fisher Blames (1024)
Herbstreit on " (946)
Ole Miss Fan's Milk- (936)
SEC QB's in the Red (918)
Little know stat (We (872)
Gamecockology Helms (826)
2013 Georgia vs. 201 (674)
Gif Sharing Time!!!! (508)
Where do you like to (430)
Where do you like to sit
Tennessee Offense Breakdo
Tennessee - South Carolin
This season and recruitin
Little know stat (Week 10
Perry Dozier Jr. (2015 Pr
COCKYTALK GOLF OUTING
MY 7 STEP PROGRAM TO FIX
We're going to the NCAA T
2015 Commitment - Mark Fi

Old 02-22-2014, 08:34 AM   #1
spareparts
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material
Default Last night was the saddest college baseball game I've ever seen

The atmosphere was embarrassing for a home team. The pre game music was Bugs Bunny, followed by Zombie Nation, then BLACK BOX (really sad), then Centerfield, then Black Eyed Peas, then whatever techno song it is that starts off "y'all ready for this".

Sad. The music was almost intentionally unmotivational.

The away team had about 10 total fans but they were rocking the place. Heckling the home team's pitcher. They had him rattled. They owned the place. They jumped out to a huge lead and never looked back. The away fans were talking supreme shit.

The walk up songs were so bad, the opposing team's bench was ridiculing them as they were happening. One walkup song was "give me one reason to stay here" by Tracy Chapman. Another one came up as "Wake Me Up" by Avicii on Shazam. Lame. I assume they had to be chosen by the players because some of them were Jason Aldean and Lady Antebellum, which are songs a player might choose. So I'm assuming.

During the part where the cheer squad shoots the t-shirts into the crowd by sling shot, two times the shirt went over the bleachers into the parking lot, and one time it landed in the dugout. People were booing.

Then came the worst music, in between every inning, it was Thunderstruck. I mean each half inning, there they go blasting Thunderstruck. It was ugly.

I feel sorry for the home team recruits that they committed to go to that university and ended up playing for a team with such a shitty atmosphere. It's no wonder their record is crap. One of the bench players should be designated DJ or something, at least it would have been a little better. Maybe.

I will never talk shit about our baseball stadium again. The Sarge was amazing, it was my life, but it's gone. I need to get over it. But at least our new place is not as bad as that place.

I don't want to disclose where it was but I think it's a Big 12 team. Not sure
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 08:39 AM   #2
spareparts
Banned

Male

spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material
Default Re: Last night was the saddest college baseball game I've ever seen

One other thing, the designated smoking area was actually a section of trees that was dedicated to a player who died. Like there was a sign that said, "this area is dedicated to Johnny So-And-So who tragically died in 2002", and that's where they put all the little plastic smoking station things and the area was full of smokers. I thought that was odd.
Old 02-22-2014, 09:02 AM   #3
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

Did this place have a playground? Because, i don't understand all the complaining unless there was a playground.

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 09:07 AM   #4
spareparts
Banned

Male

Does this sound like a playpen atmosphere to you? It was suckage. No child anything noticeable except the Looney Tunes music. And Sno-Cones.
Old 02-22-2014, 10:46 AM   #5
kick_ball
high midi-chlorian count

Male

CockyCash: 521
kick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
I think it's a Big 12 team. Not sure
do you not know who is in the big 12?
Old 02-22-2014, 10:47 AM   #6
RockRocks787
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1510
RockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPit
Send a message via AIM to RockRocks787

What game are we talking about?

RockRocks787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 11:22 AM   #7
GregoryHouse
Moonocababa

Male

CockyCash: 28000
GregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRocks787 View Post
What game are we talking about?
What I find from it is that spareparts attending a college baseball game and was disappointed in the atmosphere. Also, it was not the USC game.
Old 02-22-2014, 12:09 PM   #8
rioninusc
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 555
rioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPit

I don't know if you want us to guess, but i'm going to go out on a limb, and say West Virginia.
rioninusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 12:19 PM   #9
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

where the heck is this?
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 12:32 PM   #10
ElectricCock
Fear The Thumb, Clemson

Male

CockyCash: 200516
ElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by rioninusc View Post
I don't know if you want us to guess, but i'm going to go out on a limb, and say West Virginia.
agreed
Old 02-22-2014, 02:07 PM   #11
jellafever
BETTER THAN the rest

Male

CockyCash: 1035714
jellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot material

And then you found 20 bucks?
Old 02-22-2014, 02:24 PM   #12
Sir Cuss
Two Deep

Female

CockyCash: 500
Sir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by rioninusc View Post
Could be. From WVU's explanation of their baseball field: "Also, 50 white pine trees were planted behind the outfield fence . . ."

Sir Cuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 02:32 PM   #13
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
And Sno-Cones.
Is this a clue??
ConwayGamecock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 02:34 PM   #14
JAYBEZ
1st Team All-SEC

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge: 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge - Given for: 1st place Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff 
CockyCash: 117561006
JAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot material

I may be wrong, but this thread seems like HOF material...
Old 02-22-2014, 03:03 PM   #15
rioninusc
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 555
rioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Cuss View Post
Could be. From WVU's explanation of their baseball field: "Also, 50 white pine trees were planted behind the outfield fence . . ."
I'm wrong WVU won yesterday. His saying of thinking it's a big 12 school, must mean he's talking about a big 10 school that now has 12 schools.

Edit I don't know what he's talking about, no Big12, or Big 10 schools got their tails handed to them at home yesterday. He could of been on some Hallucinogens, and thought Purdue was at home when they got owned by USF 1-19.
rioninusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 03:05 PM   #16
FlorenceCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1200000
FlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot material

I saw West Virginias junior college baseball teams bus broken down today in Florence.
Old 02-22-2014, 03:54 PM   #17
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=204036

Order Of The Spur
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 05:19 PM   #18
superfly
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 900
superfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot material

What was the purpose of this thread ? I considered it a complete waste of time.....
Old 02-22-2014, 07:50 PM   #19
Cockypantherfan
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Agreed. I can't tell if my head hurts more from trying to understand this stuff or my hangover.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 07:52 PM   #20
GregoryHouse
Moonocababa

Male

CockyCash: 28000
GregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot material

Quote:
The atmosphere was embarrassing for a home team. The pre game music was Bugs Bunny, followed by Zombie Nation, then BLACK BOX (really sad), then Centerfield, then Black Eyed Peas, then whatever techno song it is that starts off "y'all ready for this".

Sad. The music was almost intentionally unmotivational.

The away team had about 10 total fans but they were rocking the place. Heckling the home team's pitcher. They had him rattled. They owned the place. They jumped out to a huge lead and never looked back. The away fans were talking supreme shit.

The walk up songs were so bad, the opposing team's bench was ridiculing them as they were happening. One walkup song was "give me one reason to stay here" by Tracy Chapman. Another one came up as "Wake Me Up" by Avicii on Shazam. Lame. I assume they had to be chosen by the players because some of them were Jason Aldean and Lady Antebellum, which are songs a player might choose. So I'm assuming.

During the part where the cheer squad shoots the t-shirts into the crowd by sling shot, two times the shirt went over the bleachers into the parking lot, and one time it landed in the dugout. People were booing.

Then came the worst music, in between every inning, it was Thunderstruck. I mean each half inning, there they go blasting Thunderstruck. It was ugly.

I feel sorry for the home team recruits that they committed to go to that university and ended up playing for a team with such a shitty atmosphere. It's no wonder their record is crap. One of the bench players should be designated DJ or something, at least it would have been a little better. Maybe.

I will never talk shit about our baseball stadium again. The Sarge was amazing, it was my life, but it's gone. I need to get over it. But at least our new place is not as bad as that place.

I don't want to disclose where it was but I think it's a Big 12 team. Not sure

You talked shit about USC's baseball stadium(s)?