CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
thumpin big
SMOTFS86
Cockypantherfan
gamecockphan
taylorssc
U-Dub Gamecock
robgusc76
CoverTwo
l^l^lBGCock
Spurrier on Pharoah: (4058)
USC/clemson spread (1758)
In case no one saw.. (1413)
Bowl projections (1135)
Odell Becham Catch (697)
Why has there been 4 (675)
A little late to the (670)
Tiger Burn (508)
2010 Clemson-Carolin (363)
Texas A&M Defens (359)
Bowl projections
The Defense
THE Vent and Coaching Cha
No excuse for the D this
Texans getting frustrated
Why has there been 40 yea
Odell Becham Catch
Charlotte Hornet Basketba
Props to Volleyball!
Spurrier Dabo Meme

Old 02-22-2014, 09:54 AM   #21
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 4058916
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material
Default Re: Richard Petty accepts Danica's race challenge

I wanna hear the recording of what petty said because to my knowledge there was only what I guy said he said at an auto show. Heard a follow up podcast where the king was asked to clarify and he said she was fast. That she could win at Daytona, at talledaga, and on road courses but she couldn't win on the majority of the intermediate tracks like the rock. That she needed to learn to race more. All of which is true otherwise she wouldn't wreck as much. The king has a history of making back handed compliments to ridicule Janet Guthrie in mid 70s and it's being used against him. He spoke the truth
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 10:33 AM   #22
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

It's actually Tony Stewart's challenge

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 01:18 PM   #23
GamecockInHell
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1022824
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

I heard the follow up interview and everything he said was the truth.
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 02:40 PM   #24
JAYBEZ
1st Team All-SEC

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge: 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge - Given for: 1st place Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff 
CockyCash: 117561006
JAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot material

Sounds a publicity stunt from the start.
Old 02-22-2014, 05:43 PM   #25
CockTail
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
CockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot material

When Petty raced, the cars were substantially different from one another, unlike today. His car could have 700hp and his competitors may only have 500hp, not to mention the difference in aerodynamics. Rules were a lot different back then and he made damn sure they favored him.

Petty has little to say about Danica being out there because she is a woman, he owns a race team simply to give his sons a job. How many of the Petty sons have won races? They are out there because of their last name, nothing else.

Petty is an idiot.
Old 02-22-2014, 05:52 PM   #26
RGHoskins
I'm Bad. I'm Nationwide!

Male

CockyCash: 26000805
RGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to RGHoskins

"God please let him put her in the wall. God please let him put her in the wall."

- Rick H-

Rest in Peace Jaymie, aka Feistyminx and C- Girl.
RGHoskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 06:04 PM   #27
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockTail View Post
When Petty raced, the cars were substantially different from one another, unlike today. His car could have 700hp and his competitors may only have 500hp, not to mention the difference in aerodynamics. Rules were a lot different back then and he made damn sure they favored him.

Petty has little to say about Danica being out there because she is a woman, he owns a race team simply to give his sons a job. How many of the Petty sons have won races? They are out there because of their last name, nothing else.

Petty is an idiot.
richard petty has 1 son not multiple sons. and kyle won 8 races. sure he might have started at driving for his families team but his hey day was driving for the wood brothers
Old 02-22-2014, 06:35 PM   #28
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

IMO the real king of NASCAR was Banjo Matthews and very few today know who he was. He was the master chassis builder.
Quote:
Why were Banjo’s chassis so popular? What set them apart from everyone else? Cars built by Matthews had won 262 of 362 NASCAR Winston Cup races from 1974-1985, including all 30 races in 1978, and four consecutive Winston Cup championships (1975-78).
http://www.streetlegaltv.com/feature...why-they-left/
Old 02-22-2014, 07:32 PM   #29
doc
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 1160178
doc has earned his spursdoc has earned his spursdoc has earned his spursdoc has earned his spursdoc has earned his spursdoc has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGHoskins View Post
"God please let him put her in the wall. God please let him put her in the wall."
You are just so bad!
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 10:04 AM   #30
carolinafan53186
1st Team All-SEC

Male

carolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot material

Still don't get all the hype for Danica. She won one race in open wheel(in japan) and has done literally next to nothing in nascar.

I'm not saying she can't drive because she wouldn't be there if she couldn't( although that's up for debate) but come talk to me when she actually accomplishes something.

Everyone gives dale jr a hard time but at least he finishes near the top consistently. She can't even do that.
Old 02-23-2014, 10:10 AM   #31
53fan
Blue Chip

Male

53fan is making other chickens nervous53fan is making other chickens nervous53fan is making other chickens nervous53fan is making other chickens nervous53fan is making other chickens nervous53fan is making other chickens nervous53fan is making other chickens nervous53fan is making other chickens nervous

It's a setup from the beginning (follow the money.) NASCAR is in trouble and they've tried desperately to resurrect it by creating a super villain (Jimmy Johnson). That hasn't worked so this scheme is another desperate attempt to inject some life into a dying sport. Don't misunderstand, I used to be an avid, rabid fan but since NASCAR has tried to go Hollywood, it has lost my and many others (good ole boys) support. Rant over. Let the criticism begin. Lol
woo:
53fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 10:17 AM   #32
cockybusiness2
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 461300
cockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot material

Sounds like a set up to get publicity
cockybusiness2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 10:20 AM   #33
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53fan View Post
It's a setup from the beginning (follow the money.) NASCAR is in trouble and they've tried desperately to resurrect it by creating a super villain (Jimmy Johnson). That hasn't worked so this scheme is another desperate attempt to inject some life into a dying sport. Don't misunderstand, I used to be an avid, rabid fan but since NASCAR has tried to go Hollywood, it has lost my and many others (good ole boys) support. Rant over. Let the criticism begin. Lol
I will admit that I was a bigger fan before Cali and Las Vegas days but when did Jimmy Johnson become a super villian?
Old 02-23-2014, 10:25 AM   #34
53fan
Blue Chip

Male

53fan is making other chickens nervous53fan is making other chickens nervous53fan is making other chickens nervous53fan is making other chickens nervous53fan is making other chickens nervous53fan is making other chickens nervous53fan is making other chickens nervous53fan is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccured View Post
I will admit that I was a bigger fan before Cali and Las Vegas days but when did Jimmy Johnson become a super villian?
I say super villain because who in the history of NASCAR has ever won 5 titles in a row when his Crew Chief has been caught cheating repeatedly and slapped on the wrist. "Wrestling on Wheels" I think these championships are settled before the season ever begins in back rooms. Am I crazy? Maybe but until someone provides evidence to the contrary this is the only scenario that makes any realistic sense to me. Even Dale didn't win 5 in a row.
I've been a Jeff Gordon fan since he started in the sport but I really believe Rick Hendrick is bad for the sport.
woo:
53fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 10:32 AM   #35
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

CockyCash: 997672
gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccured View Post

Exactly! Trying to cookie cut charlotte motor speedway over and over and over. Constant rule changes, mid season, heck even mid race are getting old too. Looks an awful lot like prof rastlin. Still, I'll watch some here and there....
gamecock88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 11:42 AM   #36
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53fan View Post
I say super villain because who in the history of NASCAR has ever won 5 titles in a row when his Crew Chief has been caught cheating repeatedly and slapped on the wrist. "Wrestling on Wheels" I think these championships are settled before the season ever begins in back rooms. Am I crazy? Maybe but until someone provides evidence to the contrary this is the only scenario that makes any realistic sense to me. Even Dale didn't win 5 in a row.
I've been a Jeff Gordon fan since he started in the sport but I really believe Rick Hendrick is bad for the sport.
Back in the day when Gordon first came out a lot of people said the same thing about it being fixed for him. I really haven't watched much NASCAR in the last 5 or 6 years so I can't comment on them fixing it. My issue is them constantly changing the chase. They change it every 2 or 3 years. The way Darlington was treated turned me off. Moving it from Labor Day really bothered me
Old 02-23-2014, 11:43 AM   #37
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecock88 View Post
Exactly! Trying to cookie cut charlotte motor speedway over and over and over. Constant rule changes, mid season, heck even mid race are getting old too. Looks an awful lot like prof rastlin. Still, I'll watch some here and there....
I'm very casual and will watch some of Daytona and Talledega and if something interesting going on