CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
5lbYardcock
b381l
bigdog2003
GSC2013
StormOfTalons
18IsTheMan
evan_aggie
The Yancey
GH
Do we have any shot (2454)
Carolina opens -15.5 (1764)
What changes can and (1361)
(50 minute Replay) U (1307)
Shaw: Check Out This (1227)
Don't tell me we don (1178)
Gamecocks claimed an (1078)
Gamecock football Lo (938)
Tanner McEvoy should (899)
SOS Teleconference (825)
Connor Shaw Browns
Gamecock football Long Te
SOS Teleconference
Mike Davis "doubtful
who thinks we need a whol
Pirate Depth Chart
Carolina opens -15.5
MLS almost ready for play
Japanese High School Base
My Observations About USC

Old 02-22-2014, 06:46 PM   #1
spareparts
Insulted Other Member(s)

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material
Default ONE NATION UNDER A GROOVE

spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 07:16 PM   #2
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 4466416
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material
Default Re: ONE NATION UNDER A GROOVE

ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 07:39 PM   #3
JohnnyR2211
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 756
JohnnyR2211 is crowing loudlyJohnnyR2211 is crowing loudlyJohnnyR2211 is crowing loudlyJohnnyR2211 is crowing loudlyJohnnyR2211 is crowing loudlyJohnnyR2211 is crowing loudlyJohnnyR2211 is crowing loudlyJohnnyR2211 is crowing loudlyJohnnyR2211 is crowing loudlyJohnnyR2211 is crowing loudlyJohnnyR2211 is crowing loudly

Parliament Funkadelic made some absolute GEMS... Love their funk
JohnnyR2211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 08:11 PM   #4
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

Old 02-22-2014, 08:27 PM   #5
spareparts
Insulted Other Member(s)

Male

spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

Spurt didn't you once say you saw Mothers Finest?
Old 02-22-2014, 08:35 PM   #6
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
Spurt didn't you once say you saw Mothers Finest?
Twice

Greenville in 1975 (opened for Grand Funk Railroad)
Also saw them in the Omni in Atlanta
Old 02-22-2014, 09:20 PM   #7
spareparts
Insulted Other Member(s)

Male

They were phenomenal, I saw them at the Champagne Jam in 79 I think

Listen to this jam:

Old 02-22-2014, 09:31 PM   #8
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

I saw mothers finest in 2004 and they were still phenomenal
Old 02-22-2014, 09:32 PM   #9
spareparts
Insulted Other Member(s)

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccured View Post
I saw mothers finest in 2004 and they were still phenomenal
I didn't even know they were still together

Old 02-22-2014, 09:33 PM   #10
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

Old 02-22-2014, 09:40 PM   #11
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

Quote:
I didn't even know they were still together
I didn't either until about three years ago.
My wife and I were heading down to Edisto for Vacation, and we went by
the Cracker Barrel before we left Columbia to eat breakfast. There was
a couple of older ladies at the cash register asking the lady at the counter for directions
to Myrtle Beach. I gave her the directions and she said her and her sister
were heading down there for some big concert where a lot of oldies bands
were playing. She said Mother's Finest was going to headline the show that
night. I told her how much I loved them, but didn't know they were still
around. She said they (her and her sister) were from Tennessee, and
had seen them several times doing these beach shows in NC and Virginia.
Said this was the first time she'd been to Myrtle Beach.

I looked them up on YouTube to see what they looked and sounded like
recently. .... It may be just me, and I loved remembering what they
used to sound like, and to me ...... They years have not been kind to
them.

Old 02-22-2014, 09:44 PM   #12
spareparts
Insulted Other Member(s)

Male

Old 02-22-2014, 09:47 PM   #13
spareparts
Insulted Other Member(s)

Male

It's too bad that live version of "thank you" bySsly Stone was taken off YouTube because it was phenomenal
Old 02-22-2014, 09:59 PM   #14
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

Quote:
It's too bad that live version of "thank you" bySsly Stone was taken off YouTube because it was phenomenal
I never saw Sly and the Family Stone Live, but would loved to have gone
to one of their shows in the early 70s.
Stand was my favorite SAFS song. ... The live version I posted above
was OK, but I've seen them on TV doing that song live a lot better.

Also looked for a good Live version of I Want To Take You Higher on
YouTube, but couldn't find a good one.
Old 02-22-2014, 10:01 PM   #15
spareparts
Insulted Other Member(s)

Male

The one from Woodstock is insanely good, and they did it at 3 in the morning or something!
Old 02-22-2014, 10:06 PM   #16
spareparts
Insulted Other Member(s)

Male

And if were talking fusion jams, this is an amazing version of this:

Old 02-22-2014, 10:10 PM   #17
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

The 2004 mothers finest line up was original male and female vocals, original guitar, and original bass. Or at least the classic lineup plus a few mixed parts from the mid 90s lineup. I know they had a kick starter campaign in the summer last year for a new album but I don't know if they got the funding or not.
Old 02-22-2014, 10:17 PM   #18
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

Love average white band as well.
Old 02-22-2014, 10:21 PM   #19
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

Quote:
And if were talking fusion jams, this is an amazing version of this:

Early Chicago music was some good Listening. Really good live act too.
Saw them in 1974 and then again in the mid 80s. Cetera had left the
band, and then returned for a short time, but they never got the "magic"
back even when he returned. ... Terry Kath was such an unsung anchor
of that original lineup, that his death pretty much ended Chicago's
"aura".
Old 02-22-2014, 10:24 PM   #20
GoCCUChants
I'm the Foxy Man

Male

CockyCash: 682
GoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot material

I saw Mothers Finest about two (maybe three)years ago here in MB. It may be the same show you're referring to Spurt. I know the person who travels with them and does their merch sales. They do a lot of touring in Europe where they still have a pretty strong following.
GoCCUChants is offline   Reply With Quote