CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
Gamecocks1137
Bed Sores
mpilot0705
Aggie96
ReadR00ster
Master Bedroom
spareparts
TheUniversityofSC
AtlGAMECOCK
Finbaum Jogs on USC (1587)
The Field (1503)
Spurrier winning at (1134)
I hope Coach Spurrie (1066)
One of the great thi (963)
Anyone watching pti (951)
Defensive Backfield (853)
GAME (823)
SDS/Garcia: Entertai (710)
Death in the family (702)
I hope Coach Spurrier get
Conflict with Aggies on t
Finbaum Jogs on USC campu
Elliott Fry
****Official 2014 Gamecoc
Anyone watching pti
SDS/Garcia: Entertaining
GAME
Defensive Backfield
One of the great things a

Old 02-22-2014, 07:40 PM   #1
GH
Moonocababa

Male

CockyCash: 28000
GH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot material
Default Clowney would have probably went pro in 2013

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2014/sto...-2013-eligible

Quote:
"I probably would have," Clowney said. "Because I came off a great season. If it was a chance, I probably would have.

"But right now, it's over with. I had to stay a third year. I did what I had to do, took care of business with my team, helped them win games, so I was excited about and that we won."

He also said rumors of him potentially sitting out the 2013 season to wait for the draft were "nonsense" and that his teammates and coaches knew he was going to return for his junior season.

"Yeah, coming into the next season after the hit, a lot of people was talking about sitting out and all of this, all of that," Clowney said. "A lot of people were expecting stuff that was impossible, like 10 sacks a game, 30 tackles for loss and I knew that wasn't going to happen this year, of course.

"But a lot of people expected that. I just go out there and play my game, play hard, physical football."

Clowney said he wasn't concerned about his draft stock throughout the season and dismissed his college coach, Steve Spurrier, saying his work habits were not like some other former South Carolina star players in the past in an NFL Network interview earlier this week.

No doubt in my mind he would have went pro in 2013 and it would have made the most sense because he was coming off such a great season and his last college impression would have been the Clowney-sized hole he left in that running back on Jan 1, 2013.

He would have been #1 or #2 that year so it would have made perfect sense.

That being said, this is not news or a story...just a piece from ESPN that states what all Gamecocks fans know and understood from the moment Clowney put on that Gamecocks hat.

I am glad that we had him for the time that we did.

I am glad that he is still a top-3 pick (barring idiocracy from GMs on draft day).

I am glad they are talking about players from South Carolina.

Keep rolling.

This is no indictment of the time he spent here this year, but I do not think we have seen the top of what Clowney is capable of on the football field. HE WILL BE A MONSTER AT THE NEXT LEVEL - AND IMMEDIATELY
Old 02-22-2014, 09:29 PM   #2
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit
Default Re: Clowney would have probably went pro in 2013

I do not get the point of this article.
Old 02-22-2014, 09:43 PM   #3
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscsandstorm85 View Post
I do not get the point of this article.
Agree. Jadeveon would probably have went "pro" out of HS if he could.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 09:48 PM   #4
eklypised
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1467
eklypised rules the CockPiteklypised rules the CockPiteklypised rules the CockPiteklypised rules the CockPiteklypised rules the CockPiteklypised rules the CockPiteklypised rules the CockPiteklypised rules the CockPiteklypised rules the CockPiteklypised rules the CockPiteklypised rules the CockPit

Anybody see Snoop Doggs comment...

: @SnoopDogg on Jadeveon Clowney- “I don’t think he’s been coached.” bit.ly/1dh2ka5 pic.twitter.com/fnCL7RA9zt
eklypised is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 09:49 PM   #5
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 300
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by eklypised View Post

: @SnoopDogg on Jadeveon Clowney- “I don’t think he’s been coached.” bit.ly/1dh2ka5 pic.twitter.com/fnCL7RA9zt
Yeah, because when I think about football, I think Snoop Dogg.

"Are you a millionaire right now?" 'Nah, not yet. I'm still broke." - Jadeveon Clowney

Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.

Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 09:51 PM   #6
eklypised
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1467
eklypised rules the CockPiteklypised rules the CockPiteklypised rules the CockPiteklypised rules the CockPiteklypised rules the CockPiteklypised rules the CockPiteklypised rules the CockPiteklypised rules the CockPiteklypised rules the CockPiteklypised rules the CockPiteklypised rules the CockPit

Yeah I'm not understanding where he came up with that logic from
eklypised is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 01:20 AM   #7
bhusc2002
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

bhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to bhusc2002

Quote:

: @SnoopDogg on Jadeveon Clowney- I dont think hes been coached. bit.ly/1dh2ka5 pic.twitter.com/fnCL7RA9zt
Context? Coached in what way? I'm sure most who see this on its own are going to think coached on the football field, but he could easily be talking about coached on what to say during the combine, or coached on what to say about a specific question. Or, he could mean coached on the football field, I don't know. But it would be nice to have some context with this.
bhusc2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 02:52 AM   #8
InletCock1989
5th Year Senior

Male

CockyCash: 200
InletCock1989 is developing his combInletCock1989 is developing his combInletCock1989 is developing his combInletCock1989 is developing his combInletCock1989 is developing his combInletCock1989 is developing his combInletCock1989 is developing his combInletCock1989 is developing his combInletCock1989 is developing his combInletCock1989 is developing his comb

If he could've gone pro in 13 it would've made
Sense!
InletCock1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 09:23 AM   #9
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

Quote:

: @SnoopDogg on Jadeveon Clowney- I dont think hes been coached. bit.ly/1dh2ka5 pic.twitter.com/fnCL7RA9zt
I'm a joker, I'm a smoker, I'm a midnight toker

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 09:36 AM   #10
GamecockInHell
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 3462
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flameout12 View Post
Agree. Jadeveon would probably have went "pro" out of HS if he could.

I thought players could go "pro" straight out of HS, or has that changed?
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 09:55 AM   #11
PyroPepper
Star Maker

Male

PyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockInHell View Post
They can in baseball, but not football.

PyroPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 10:42 AM   #12
B-G
Bowl MVP

Male

B-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockInHell View Post
When was that ever a rule?
Old 02-23-2014, 11:24 AM   #13
Spur's Addiction
Been caught moddin'...

Male

Spur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot material

If I could have gone pro last year I would have too!
Old 02-23-2014, 11:54 AM   #14
JRob
Retired Rugger

Male

CockyCash: 100500
JRob is USC mascot materialJRob is USC mascot materialJRob is USC mascot materialJRob is USC mascot materialJRob is USC mascot materialJRob is USC mascot materialJRob is USC mascot materialJRob is USC mascot materialJRob is USC mascot materialJRob is USC mascot materialJRob is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to JRob Send a message via Yahoo to JRob

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-G View Post
When was that ever a rule?
Always. It is only a relatively recent thing that the rule was changed so one could come out after the 3rd year after high school.

JRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 12:38 PM   #15
B-G
Bowl MVP

Male

B-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRob View Post
Always. It is only a relatively recent thing that the rule was changed so one could come out after the 3rd year after high school.
For football?
Old 02-23-2014, 04:25 PM   #16
MDCox
Two Deep

Male

Bowl Contest Winner: Winner of the Bowl Contest - Given for: Winning the Board Bowl Contest 
CockyCash: 1740616
MDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudly

Clowney wanted to turn pro in 2013. Changed the title for you.

If you type in all caps I am not reading your post. Simple as that.
MDCox is offline   Reply With Quote