CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
l^l^lBGCock
I Bleed Garnet
Ericvol2096
taylorssc
COCKYTALKIN
thekob
gadeneer1986
gamecockgal
kingoftheroost
Interesting quotes f (1194)
We're going to the N (823)
Have you ever been s (716)
Tennessee Offense Br (592)
This season and recr (336)
COCKYTALK GOLF OUTIN (282)
Anyone have a recipe (265)
Women's Team Ranked (249)
Key for 2015 defense (180)
Favorite online flas (175)
Key for 2015 defense
We're going to the NCAA T
Lebron makes Cleveland re
Women's Team Ranked #2 In
Have you ever been so wro
2014 Ultimate Tailgate --
SEC Coaches Dress Up for
Interesting quotes from D
BLACK OUT!!!!!!!
Chances we win out now?

Old 02-23-2014, 01:09 PM   #1
pimpingamecock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 350
pimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPit
Default Mayock

What's this dude creds? He seems to be someone trying to make a name and more of a blowhard. He is the one calling Clowney not a top 5 pick and saying their are "red flags" all over the place.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk
pimpingamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 01:11 PM   #2
B-G
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
B-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPit
Default Re: Mayock

I always liked the dude for all these years he's worked on NFLN. Him saying unfavorable things about a player from my school won't change that.
B-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 01:21 PM   #3
pimpingamecock
Blue Chip

Male

pimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPit

Not really bout unfavorable things bout a guy from our school just knew people would know who he is from that...some of the other things he has said seem like more so people would know who he is. He is saying a LB and No. 1. Forgot the name of the guy he said but the connected analyst have not even put this Lb in the top 5.

Old 02-23-2014, 01:24 PM   #4
SClawman
Game MVP

Male

SClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot material

Funny how on the NFL Network ticker he has Clowney going #1 to the Texans along with their other draft expert. Now he's trashing him. Whatever. I just heard him say he played at Boston College but wasnt much of a player. Shocking.
Old 02-23-2014, 01:27 PM   #5
behindenemylines
Tater Edumacated

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
behindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot material

Shaw just ran 4.55..

He wasn't very tough, We were just missing tackles. - UGA safety Bacarri Rambo said

Y'all see 246. I see 300. - Latti

The ONLY disability in life is a bad attitude. - Matthew Jeffers
behindenemylines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 02:04 PM   #6
Go Cocks 29
Hall of Famer

Male

CockyCash: 200
Go Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPit

unofficial 4.50 and fastest qb time so far
Old 02-23-2014, 03:46 PM   #7
beak2
4-Star

Male

beak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his comb

Never heard of him, and just going by some reports on Clowney. Knows nothing first hand.
beak2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 04:12 PM   #8
justalilcocky
4-Star

Male

justalilcocky is developing his combjustalilcocky is developing his combjustalilcocky is developing his combjustalilcocky is developing his combjustalilcocky is developing his combjustalilcocky is developing his combjustalilcocky is developing his combjustalilcocky is developing his comb
Send a message via AIM to justalilcocky

Mike Mayock is one of, if not the best analysts the NFL has. His criticism of Clowney is legitimate. He's just laying out what NFL teams are going to ask and the things he is going to have to prove. I haven't heard him say anything negative about JD's ability. When a HOF college coach like Spurrier says his work ethic is "Okay"..that's a red flag. You get two speeding tickets in like a week's time..that's a red flag. People in NFL front offices get fired over draft picks..they are going to want to know, JD..are you mature? are you going to work hard? how much do you love football? do you want to be great or do you just want to be rich? It's all legit..
justalilcocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 04:17 PM   #9
pimpingamecock
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by justalilcocky View Post
Mike Mayock is one of, if not the best analysts the NFL has. His criticism of Clowney is legitimate. He's just laying out what NFL teams are going to ask and the things he is going to have to prove. I haven't heard him say anything negative about JD's ability. When a HOF college coach like Spurrier says his work ethic is "Okay"..that's a red flag. You get two speeding tickets in like a week's time..that's a red flag. People in NFL front offices get fired over draft picks..they are going to want to know, JD..are you mature? are you going to work hard? how much do you love football? do you want to be great or do you just want to be rich? It's all legit..
My criticism of the guy is not only bout what he has said bout jd but of a lot of what he has said. Based on his analyst and others that are well respected and considered amongst the best Mayock seems either clueless or just looking to make a name for himself.

Old 02-23-2014, 04:29 PM   #10
peterlemon
Game MVP

Male

peterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPit

Quote:
Yeah, he really nailed it when he said Alshon wasn't worth a first round pick. Anybody so called expert who couldn't see how good Alshon was isn't any kind of expert at all. Just another talking head acting like the authority on every player coming into the NFL draft.
peterlemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 04:43 PM   #11
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 3896416
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

I would rather read what mayock has to say than here him. When he is on TV he is always on the pessimistic side because TV ratings depend on arguing. He is more straight to the point in his writing
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 04:46 PM   #12
Dizzy01
Game MVP

Male

Dizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterlemon View Post
Yeah, he really nailed it when he said Alshon wasn't worth a first round pick. Anybody so called expert who couldn't see how good Alshon was isn't any kind of expert at all. Just another talking head acting like the authority on every player coming into the NFL draft.
I guess 32 NFL GMs should be fired then.
Dizzy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 04:49 PM   #13
justalilcocky
4-Star

Male

justalilcocky is developing his combjustalilcocky is developing his combjustalilcocky is developing his combjustalilcocky is developing his combjustalilcocky is developing his combjustalilcocky is developing his combjustalilcocky is developing his combjustalilcocky is developing his comb
Send a message via AIM to justalilcocky

Quote:
Bad analogy..another talent vs. work ethic. Nobody questioned whether Alshon was good enough to be a 1, people questioned his work ethic. Lots of people had AJ1 as a top 10 and then Alshon got too big his Jr. year, that's a fact. He dropped weight before the draft but the damage was already done. These people are looking at this from an NFL executive standpoint. Is this dude talented? Yes. Am I concerned with his work ethic and drive? Yes. So teams have to weigh that out. And evidently Mayock must not have been that far off seeing as how Alshon..yanno..didn't go in the 1st round.
justalilcocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 05:03 PM   #14
peterlemon
Game MVP

Male

peterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPit

Quote:
Bad analogy..another talent vs. work ethic. Nobody questioned whether Alshon was good enough to be a 1, people questioned his work ethic. Lots of people had AJ1 as a top 10 and then Alshon got too big his Jr. year, that's a fact. He dropped weight before the draft but the damage was already done. These people are looking at this from an NFL executive standpoint. Is this dude talented? Yes. Am I concerned with his work ethic and drive? Yes. So teams have to weigh that out. And evidently Mayock must not have been that far off seeing as how Alshon..yanno..didn't go in the 1st round.
Yeah, it appears there a lot of know it all douchebags like this guy making the decisions.
Old 02-23-2014, 05:05 PM   #15
peterlemon
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy01 View Post
I guess 32 NFL GMs should be fired then.
Was he right about Alshon or not? That is just one Gamecock that came to my mind that he whiffed on.
Old 02-23-2014, 05:15 PM   #16
B-G
Bowl MVP

Male

B-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPit

Quote:
Was he right about Alshon or not? That is just one Gamecock that came to my mind that he whiffed on.
No but he nailed Russell Wilson. One of the few guys that have him any props during the combine.
B-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 05:18 PM   #17
gamecockphan
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 2200
gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-G View Post
No but he nailed Russell Wilson. One of the few guys that have him any props during the combine.
Wilson is an average QB on an excellent team.
gamecockphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 05:25 PM   #18
peterlemon
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-G View Post
Do you think Mcshay is the greatest analyst ever? I don't and I was reading that he has been more accurate than Mayock in four of the last five drafts. He is about in the same league with both of those guys and I don't really listen to shit they say anymore. Just a few guys carving out there niche being blowhards on television.
Old 02-23-2014, 05:27 PM   #19
Dizzy01
Game MVP

Male

Dizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot material

Quote:
I think he was right. You don't use a first round pick on a guy that other teams will pass on and if you take a receiver in round 1 he better be a guy that's going to be a #1 for a long time. Alshon played well opposite one of the elite receivers in the game but would he do the same solo.
Dizzy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 05:41 PM   #20
peterlemon
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy01 View Post
I think he was right. You don't use a first round pick on a guy that other teams will pass on and if you take a receiver in round 1 he better be a guy that's going to be a #1 for a long time. Alshon played well opposite one of the elite receivers in the game but would he do the same solo.
Is he better than McShay? McShay has been more accurate than him 4 out of the last 5 drafts. If you want to listen to guys like him go ahead and do it to your heart's desire. I personally think they are a waste of time and are wrong more than they are right.