CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Master Bedroom
3MTA3
JerseyBird
GarnetSwarm1990
rosstheboss
Ericvol2096
ertman420
usc90grad
spareparts
MWard
Cunningham wants to (1291)
ESPN article on Clow (965)
Clemson Georgia Game (777)
Mangus now coaching (336)
Can Tennessee get to (255)
Chick Redefines the (218)
Truly Inspiring (195)
Dodge NY Auto Show N (176)
Spread vs. aTm (174)
New Led Zep releases (165)
The Bama series
Mangus now coaching TEs
Lindy's top 100 for 2010
2015 - Davon Durant
2015 - Taj Griffin
Can Tennessee get to a Bo
ESPN article on Clowney -
SEC Network "Take It
2 Crazy things
**USC vs. USC-Upstate GAM

Old 02-24-2014, 03:36 PM   #1
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

CockyCash: 500
Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material
Default Jim Harbaugh a free agent?

What exactly does that mean? I've never even heard of a coach being a free agent. Can somebody break this down?
Old 02-24-2014, 03:55 PM   #2
B-G
Two Deep

Male

B-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudly
Default Re: Jim Harbaugh a free agent?

It's the same as if a coach were fired.

There were reports that the Browns were trying to trade for him.
Similar to what happened to Doc Rivers and Lou Pinella.
Old 02-25-2014, 12:41 PM   #3
rioninusc
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 555
rioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudly

Dudes a heck of a coach. 49'ers didn't do anything before he got there in over 10 years. I read an article on it, he refused a 7 mil a year contract with the Dolphins. I don't know who is causing the tension, but if I was the 49'ers GM/Owner whatever I would try to resolve the issues they are having with JH.
rioninusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 01:31 PM   #4
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Apparently, he came very close to signing with the Browns. I'm not sure what the 49ers did or didn't do, but they must have got it fixed.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 01:42 PM   #5
B-G
Two Deep

Male

B-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
Apparently, he came very close to signing with the Browns. I'm not sure what the 49ers did or didn't do, but they must have got it fixed.
He was actually very close to being traded to the Browns.
Browns offered the 49ers draft picks, but they declined.
Old 02-25-2014, 03:17 PM   #6
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

He wanted more money but the 49ers told him to win a Super Bowl first & now him and the GM aren't speaking. My only thing was is that I've never heard of a coach being traded. Apparently Herm Edwards was traded in the past from NY to KC.
Old 02-25-2014, 03:37 PM   #7
palmettosc
Recruit

Male

palmettosc is crowing loudlypalmettosc is crowing loudlypalmettosc is crowing loudlypalmettosc is crowing loudlypalmettosc is crowing loudlypalmettosc is crowing loudlypalmettosc is crowing loudlypalmettosc is crowing loudlypalmettosc is crowing loudlypalmettosc is crowing loudlypalmettosc is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina4Life View Post
He wanted more money but the 49ers told him to win a Super Bowl first & now him and the GM aren't speaking. My only thing was is that I've never heard of a coach being traded. Apparently Herm Edwards was traded in the past from NY to KC.
Gruden from the Raiders to the Bucs.
palmettosc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 05:37 PM   #8
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 400
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by rioninusc View Post
Dudes a heck of a coach. 49'ers didn't do anything before he got there in over 10 years. I read an article on it, he refused a 7 mil a year contract with the Dolphins. I don't know who is causing the tension, but if I was the 49'ers GM/Owner whatever I would try to resolve the issues they are having with JH.
As a lifelong Dolphins fan, I would have been happy as f***. I serously believe that if Harbaugh was there instead of Philbin, heads would have rolled instead of that getting so out of hand. I firmly believe Philbin should be unemployed as with the two others that got canned over the whole situation.
FanofCarolina1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 06:50 PM   #9
Gamecock303
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 95200
Gamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot material

coaches can't "technically" be traded like players can. they were talking about it on ESPN the other day, the team that the coach currently coaches for has to release the coach from their contract and then they sign a new one with the new team and the old team will receive some sort of agreed upon compensation from the new team.

the practical effect is that it is a trade, but I guess technically there would be nothing to force a coach to coach for the new team since unlike an actual trade of a player the contract doesn't carry over. although I don't see a team actually releasing a coach from his contract with the intention of trading him without an agreement being in place for the deal to actually take place.
Gamecock303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 09:26 PM   #10
TAFC 5 1981
4-Star

Male

TAFC 5 1981 has earned his spursTAFC 5 1981 has earned his spursTAFC 5 1981 has earned his spursTAFC 5 1981 has earned his spursTAFC 5 1981 has earned his spursTAFC 5 1981 has earned his spurs

I would trade Dabo for him.
Old 02-25-2014, 09:49 PM   #11
scfanz
Starter

Male

scfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAFC 5 1981 View Post
I would trade Dabo for him.
Oh no. Dumbo has to stay at Hooterville. The streak must continue.
scfanz is offline   Reply With Quote