CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
JerseyBird
bcolinc
ConwayGamecock
Latti
Gamecocks1137
usc1
kingofnerf
FanofCarolina1
Storm Of Spurs
carcosa
**USC vs. Clemson GA (5888)
Decommitment from Te (993)
Beat Miami (861)
Duck Bowl Depth Char (751)
BEST GAMECOCK FOOTBA (682)
Cleveland Browns Hea (657)
Garcia and Clemsux T (642)
Need a dog kennel (268)
Four USC Basketball (232)
NCAAB: CLEMSON @ SOU (207)
looks like we have 2 OL r
Duck Bowl Depth Chart
Previewing Clemson
**USC vs. Clemson GAME Th
The Vent and Coaching cha
How Long Will The Rebuild
So, why is next year goin
BEST GAMECOCK FOOTBALL PL
2015 - Mark Fields
Four USC Basketball Games

Old 02-23-2014, 02:11 AM   #41
JoeCock
4-Star

CockyCash: 500
JoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPit
Default Re: The case for Clowney at #1

My take;

Everyone says the Texans need a QB.

Is there a #1 Overall QB in this draft? I don't think so and I don't think the Texans do either.

If Luck were in this draft, it would be different but I don't think there is a QB even close to Luck in this draft.

Just my opinion but I think they take JD in the 1st and then look for their QB in the 2nd. I don't think they can pass on JD
Old 02-23-2014, 02:50 AM   #42
InletCock1989
5th Year Senior

Male

CockyCash: 672
InletCock1989 is crowing loudlyInletCock1989 is crowing loudlyInletCock1989 is crowing loudlyInletCock1989 is crowing loudlyInletCock1989 is crowing loudlyInletCock1989 is crowing loudlyInletCock1989 is crowing loudlyInletCock1989 is crowing loudlyInletCock1989 is crowing loudlyInletCock1989 is crowing loudlyInletCock1989 is crowing loudly

Clowney goes to Houston! Defense wins championships!
InletCock1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 12:01 PM   #43
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockInHell View Post
I think losing Lawing hurt Clowney this year. Clowney seemed to inprove on his technique between his freshman and sophomore year but slipped back into bad habits this past year. Either way I would love to see the Texans draft him so he could play next to Watts.
Yet Quarles improved tremendously. Weird.
Old 02-24-2014, 12:10 PM   #44
Carolina Pride
Blue Chip

Male

Carolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by yazoo View Post
Yet Quarles improved tremendously. Weird.
Not saying I agree with the fact that losing Lawing hurt Clowney, but I think the biggest factor in the improvement from Quarles was how much attention Clowney garnered
Old 02-24-2014, 01:13 PM   #45
d20636
Haven't seen your acid...

Male

CockyCash: 1360
d20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot material

I'm just perplexed that former NFL DE Stephen White didn't make the case for Houston to take Dee Ford with the first pick...how odd.
Old 02-24-2014, 03:20 PM   #46
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

If I was Houston I would draft Clowney #1 and trade my 2nd or 3rd pick for Ryan Mallet.

Boom problem solved. You get a better QB IMO and you get the best player in this draft.
Old 02-24-2014, 03:52 PM   #47
Order 66
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

If Clowney doesn't go first, I hope he goes to a decent team like Atlanta.
Old 02-24-2014, 03:57 PM   #48
Dizzy01
Game MVP

Male

Dizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot material

Unfortunately Clowney's lack of amazement at the combine probably cemented the argument against taking him #1.
Dizzy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 03:57 PM   #49
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

CockyCash: 997672
gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

What's his reason for not doing some of the other drills? He did what, the bench, 40, broad and vertical and what else? Didn't do cones and position drills and reported yet another issue? Hip flexor now? Hopefully he did enough but with JD seems there are always questions after the fact.
gamecock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 04:11 PM   #50
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecock88 View Post
What's his reason for not doing some of the other drills? He did what, the bench, 40, broad and vertical and what else? Didn't do cones and position drills and reported yet another issue? Hip flexor now? Hopefully he did enough but with JD seems there are always questions after the fact.
Prepare to get blasted!
Old 02-24-2014, 04:36 PM   #51
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 1000001185
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy01 View Post
Unfortunately Clowney's lack of amazement at the combine probably cemented the argument against taking him #1.

? Who was not amazed?
Old 02-24-2014, 04:40 PM   #52
Dizzy01
Game MVP

Male

Dizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc1 View Post
? Who was not amazed?
The better question would be who was.
Dizzy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 04:41 PM   #53
1982Gamecock
Recruit

Male

1982Gamecock is sharpening his claws1982Gamecock is sharpening his claws1982Gamecock is sharpening his claws1982Gamecock is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by InletCock1989 View Post
Clowney goes to Houston! Defense wins championships!
I'm with you on this! Defense wins championships!
1982Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 04:49 PM   #54
longcock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 27885
longcock is USC mascot materiallongcock is USC mascot materiallongcock is USC mascot materiallongcock is USC mascot materiallongcock is USC mascot materiallongcock is USC mascot materiallongcock is USC mascot materiallongcock is USC mascot materiallongcock is USC mascot materiallongcock is USC mascot materiallongcock is USC mascot material

warren sapp's reaction to clowney

http://imgur.com/XFW0aGM
Old 02-24-2014, 05:01 PM   #55
6pack
Walk On

Male

6pack has feathers coming in6pack has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy01 View Post
The better question would be who was.
An even better question is how could they not be? The guy outdid most of the offensive players in the 40. Honestly that's pretty impressive for a guy his size. I just don't see the point in downplaying him and elevating someone like Manziel who, let's face it, has just as good of, if not a larger, chance of being the true bust of the 2014 draft.
6pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 05:06 PM   #56
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecock88 View Post
Didn't do cones and position drills and reported yet another issue?
He only skipped 1 drill, where you start on the ground. He did the shuttles and 3 cone drills. I know, because I watched him do them.

Oh yes, and here's a photo.

Please get your facts straight before you post, or you'll end up looking pretty dumb.

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 05:14 PM   #57
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

I can't pull for Atlanta but I can pull for JD.
Old 02-24-2014, 05:21 PM   #58
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

CockyCash: 997672
gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
He only skipped 1 drill, where you start on the ground. He did the shuttles and 3 cone drills. I know, because I watched him do them.

Oh yes, and here's a photo.

Please get your facts straight before you post, or you'll end up looking pretty dumb.
From ESPN article: After taking part in the 40, broad jump and vertical jump -- things used to measure explosiveness and straight-line speed -- Clowney took a pass on cone and position-specific drills because of what he told those monitoring the workouts was a hip-flexor issue.

Since he did, great. What about the position drills or did ESPN blow the entire report? I was going off of their reports and didn't watch any of the combine.
gamecock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 05:22 PM   #59
B-G
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

B-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot material

Clowney did the 40, Bench, broad, Vert and 3 cone drill according to NFL.com.
He did not partake in position drills (drills that don't have timings) or the 20 and 60 yd shuttle.
B-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 05:22 PM   #60
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
Or looking like someone just making stuff up for some unknown reason.

BTW, I think Houston takes him...and I think it's a great move for them.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote