CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler > Carolina Eats

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
eaglegolf018
Coulwoodwarlord
ReadR00ster
HelleraisingCock
MWard
SAETerrier
Acockolypse Now
CoverTwo
ertman420
sc455
Larenz Bryant update (2002)
Victor Hampton Arres (1202)
Joeckel Transfering (1178)
2016 - Greg Little (816)
UK's Whitlow to tran (736)
What type of snake i (667)
response from charte (606)
Wu Tang affiliated r (517)
Attendance next seas (301)
how has more ESPN an (223)
Victor Hampton Arrested
2015 Warm/Warmer/Favorite
Joeckel Transfering from
how has more ESPN anounce
Gamecock Legacy recruits/
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
A'ja Wilson
Larenz Bryant update?
2016 - Greg Little
**USC vs. The Citadel GAM

Old 02-24-2014, 04:25 PM   #1
GoCCUChants
I'm the Foxy Man

Male

CockyCash: 200
GoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot material
Default SC BBQ Trail Map

Take this with you on your travels through our beautiful state and enjoy the different BBQ we have to offer. And no yankees, we don't mean grilled chicken.

http://bbq.discoversouthcarolina.com...FW1nOgoddloAIg
GoCCUChants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 04:41 PM   #2
PyroPepper
Star Maker

Male

PyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot material
Default Re: SC BBQ Trail Map

Nice! Btw, to a northerner, a BBQ is something you cook stuff on. Sheesh!

PyroPepper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 05:44 PM   #3
Nassau Gamecock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Nassau Gamecock rules the CockPitNassau Gamecock rules the CockPitNassau Gamecock rules the CockPitNassau Gamecock rules the CockPitNassau Gamecock rules the CockPitNassau Gamecock rules the CockPitNassau Gamecock rules the CockPitNassau Gamecock rules the CockPitNassau Gamecock rules the CockPitNassau Gamecock rules the CockPitNassau Gamecock rules the CockPit

Outstanding!
Old 02-24-2014, 07:33 PM   #4
Wingman
Gamecock baseball fan

Male

Wingman rules the CockPitWingman rules the CockPitWingman rules the CockPitWingman rules the CockPitWingman rules the CockPitWingman rules the CockPitWingman rules the CockPitWingman rules the CockPitWingman rules the CockPitWingman rules the CockPitWingman rules the CockPit

I hope some of these places have chopped q and not shredded q. (At least, that's what I call it.) Chopped has small chunks of meat where shredded q is shredded meat.

Does anyone in the state still serve chopped q? I haven't examined the map or the other material yet, so that may tell me.

Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 08:28 PM   #5
GoCCUChants
I'm the Foxy Man

Male

GoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman View Post
I hope some of these places have chopped q and not shredded q. (At least, that's what I call it.) Chopped has small chunks of meat where shredded q is shredded meat.

Does anyone in the state still serve chopped q? I haven't examined the map or the other material yet, so that may tell me.
I know Little Pigs in MB does chopped.
GoCCUChants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 08:49 PM   #6
etowngangsta
Challenge accepted.

Male

CockyCash: 1065800
etowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot material

My mouth is watering.
My preference:
1. Mustard
2. Vinegar
3. Thick tomato
4. Light tomato
etowngangsta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 09:06 PM   #7
Barry_gamecock
Average a post a day

Male

CockyCash: 327
Barry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot material

Probably the best ribs in the state are not listed. Circle M BBQ in Liberty.
Old 02-24-2014, 09:42 PM   #8
Wagz
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 1200
Wagz is making other chickens nervousWagz is making other chickens nervousWagz is making other chickens nervousWagz is making other chickens nervousWagz is making other chickens nervousWagz is making other chickens nervousWagz is making other chickens nervousWagz is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman View Post

Yes, lot's of places...
Wagz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 01:30 AM   #9
jellafever
BETTER THAN the rest

Male

CockyCash: 1035714
jellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCCUChants View Post
Take this with you on your travels through our beautiful state and enjoy the different BBQ we have to offer. And no yankees, we don't mean grilled chicken.

http://bbq.discoversouthcarolina.com...FW1nOgoddloAIg
Old 02-25-2014, 11:11 AM   #10
86 GradCock
7 Year Plan

Male

CockyCash: 1450
86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly

Several great places missing from the list; none in Hemingway which serves up some of the best que in the world. Also, the Northeast corner of the state is not heavy tomato at all. Only the new chain places that attempt to draw Northerners are serving tomato based sauce in the low country.
86 GradCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 11:42 AM   #11
jellafever
BETTER THAN the rest

Male

CockyCash: 1035714
jellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86 GradCock View Post
Several great places missing from the list; none in Hemingway which serves up some of the best que in the world. Also, the Northeast corner of the state is not heavy tomato at all. Only the new chain places that attempt to draw Northerners are serving tomato based sauce in the low country.
Yeah, as far as I've ever experienced the Pee Dee is solely vinegar sauce. Not light tomato like this write-up claims.
Old 02-25-2014, 12:30 PM   #12
davidmc467
Little Engine That Could

Male

CockyCash: 500
davidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot material

It is awesome that the state put this bbq website together. Kudos to Parks, Recreation, and Tourism.

However, I wish they would take chains like Carolina Wings off the map. It does not belong.
Old 02-25-2014, 12:43 PM   #13
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Some good info but the map itself sucks. Only three regions in the state??? I think that the good citizens of Fountain Inn would be surprised to find that they are in the mountains. Likewise Laurens would be collectively shocked to discover that they are in the Midlands. Whatever happened to the Piedmont, to the Pee Dee? Some maps actually divide the state into 10 regions. That may be overkill but scrunching everything into just three is a disservice.

#ModForMod
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 01:11 PM   #14
weatheredxtown
Master of Minutia

Male

CockyCash: 600
weatheredxtown is sharpening his clawsweatheredxtown is sharpening his clawsweatheredxtown is sharpening his clawsweatheredxtown is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yancey View Post
Some good info but the map itself sucks. Only three regions in the state??? I think that the good citizens of Fountain Inn would be surprised to find that they are in the mountains. Likewise Laurens would be collectively shocked to discover that they are in the Midlands. Whatever happened to the Piedmont, to the Pee Dee? Some maps actually divide the state into 10 regions. That may be overkill but scrunching everything into just three is a disservice.
Well the state is usually divided into three sections, but not the three this map used. Upstate, Midlands, and Low-country.
weatheredxtown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 03:39 PM   #15
lencho30
KOLA

Male

CockyCash: 4200
lencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot material

Carolina
Barbeque Company
965 W. Carolina Avenue
Varnville, SC 29944
P: 803.943.9014
Wed – Sat • 11 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Sun • 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
www.carolinabbqsc.com

My place to eat that no one knows about made the list
Old 02-25-2014, 03:45 PM   #16
cocky0
The Slurp

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Fark of the Year Christmas Farking Contest: Christmas Farking Contest - Given for: Winning Farking Contest 
CockyCash: 26100000
cocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to cocky0

Quote:
Originally Posted by lencho30 View Post
Carolina
Barbeque Company
965 W. Carolina Avenue
Varnville, SC 29944
P: 803.943.9014
Wed Sat 11 a.m. 9 p.m.
Sun 11 a.m. 3 p.m.
www.carolinabbqsc.com

My place to eat that no one knows about made the list

I live less than 5 minutes from the place. Probably the best ribs I've ever eaten are served right there. I still prefer the hash at Lester's though.
Old 02-26-2014, 11:13 AM   #17
Barry_gamecock
Average a post a day

Male

CockyCash: 327
Barry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86 GradCock View Post
Scott's is listed.
Old 02-26-2014, 11:42 AM   #18
86 GradCock
7 Year Plan

Male

CockyCash: 1450
86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry_gamecock View Post
Scott's is listed.
I stand corrected; did not expect Hemingway to be listed in the Midlands section. I consider it part of the low country when it comes to BBQ.
86 GradCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 11:46 AM   #19
lencho30
KOLA

Male

CockyCash: 4200
lencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocky0 View Post
I live less than 5 minutes from the place. Probably the best ribs I've ever eaten are served right there. I still prefer the hash at Lester's though.
Yeah, I'm about 5 minutes away as well. IMO, the ribs are the best around! I thought the hash was good, but I didn't get enough rice with it. Really, everything I have ever gotten there has been good, even the hamburger.
Old 02-26-2014, 11:50 AM   #20
cocky0
The Slurp

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Fark of the Year Christmas Farking Contest: Christmas Farking Contest - Given for: Winning Farking Contest 
CockyCash: 26100000
cocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to cocky0

Quote:
Originally Posted by lencho30 View Post
Yeah, I'm about 5 minutes away as well. IMO, the ribs are the best around! I thought the hash was good, but I didn't get enough rice with it. Really, everything I have ever gotten there has been good, even the hamburger.

I haven't tried the burgers or anything else for that matter. I have been meaning to grab some wings from there since I hear really good things about those.