CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
eaglegolf018
Coulwoodwarlord
ReadR00ster
ertman420
Lalli25
CoverTwo
MWard
SAETerrier
JerseyBird
Jethro Beaver
Victor Hampton Arres (1829)
What type of snake i (821)
response from charte (789)
how has more ESPN an (557)
Gamecock Legacy recr (374)
Attendance next seas (364)
purchasing football (257)
Honeymoon recommenda (201)
Dylan Thompson, Clas (139)
$15 home AC (134)
MLB 14: The Show (PS4)
Playstation 4
Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WB
Dylan Thompson, Class Act
how has more ESPN anounce
2008 Honda Accord EX-L 4
Larenz Bryant update?
*Official 2014 NHL Stanle
response from charter abo
Kelcy and Vic questioned

View Poll Results: Which is a better song
Burnin For You 11 57.89%
Green Eyed Lady 8 42.11%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-25-2014, 01:41 PM   #1
spareparts
Insulted Other Member(s)

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material
Default Quick song poll: Blue Oyster Cult vs Sugarloaf

Which is a better song?

Blue Oyster Cult, "Burnin For You"

or

Sugarloaf, "Green Eyed Lady"

spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 01:57 PM   #2
JerseyBird
Don't Mess With The Bird

Male

CockyCash: 1500
JerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot material
Default Re: Quick song poll: Blue Oyster Cult vs Sugarloaf

Gotta go with Green Eyed Lady, as long as it's the full 7 minute mix
Old 02-25-2014, 02:28 PM   #3
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 397
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

Burning for You is one of the trifecta from BOC that is rotated on rock radio, along with Don't Fear the Reaper and Godzilla. The BOC catalog is so much more than these 3, and with so many better songs. Astronomy is my all time favorite. Veins from The Revolution By Night kicks serious ass...
Old 02-25-2014, 02:38 PM   #4
Tony
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 400
Tony is sharpening his clawsTony is sharpening his clawsTony is sharpening his clawsTony is sharpening his claws

Voted Sugarloaf on this one, Burnin' for You is a lame radio song. Got to see BOC in Columbia many moons ago, opening acts were Golden Earring and Lynerd Skynard. Very cool, probably cost $10.00. Astronomy is my favorite BOC tune as well.
Old 02-25-2014, 03:38 PM   #5
Transmaniacon
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
Transmaniacon is crowing loudlyTransmaniacon is crowing loudlyTransmaniacon is crowing loudlyTransmaniacon is crowing loudlyTransmaniacon is crowing loudlyTransmaniacon is crowing loudlyTransmaniacon is crowing loudlyTransmaniacon is crowing loudlyTransmaniacon is crowing loudlyTransmaniacon is crowing loudlyTransmaniacon is crowing loudly

Of all the BOC songs to enter into a competition, I'd pick at least 20 before Burning For You. That said, I love the Oyster boys too much to vote otherwise. And, while "Burning For You" may be the band's most shameless attempt to release a radio single, it is a good tune from the band's last great album. But, all the truly great shit is from the first three albums, when Sandy Pearlman was running the lab.

ON YOUR FEET OR ON YOUR KNEES!
We're Pain, We're Steel, a plot of knives, a Transmaniacon M.C.!
Transmaniacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 03:39 PM   #6
LBC
2nd Team All-American

Male

LBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot material

I openly admit to being wildly bias here but BOC is awesome and I believe one of the most underrated bands of their generation.

Their early work came out of nowhere and sounds like nothing before or that has come since.
LBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 03:42 PM   #7
Transmaniacon
4-Star

Male

Transmaniacon is crowing loudlyTransmaniacon is crowing loudlyTransmaniacon is crowing loudlyTransmaniacon is crowing loudlyTransmaniacon is crowing loudlyTransmaniacon is crowing loudlyTransmaniacon is crowing loudlyTransmaniacon is crowing loudlyTransmaniacon is crowing loudlyTransmaniacon is crowing loudlyTransmaniacon is crowing loudly

I saw BOC in Columbia at the Rock n Roll Emporium back in like 1993. That place didn't stick around too long, but the show was great. I've seen them a bunch, but that is one of my favorites.
Old 02-25-2014, 03:48 PM   #8
cocky0
The Slurp

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Fark of the Year Christmas Farking Contest: Christmas Farking Contest - Given for: Winning Farking Contest 
CockyCash: 26100000
cocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to cocky0

If it was band vs. band, i'd pick BOC without a second thought. Burnin' for you loses this match though.
Old 02-25-2014, 03:49 PM   #9
Transmaniacon
4-Star

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBC View Post
I openly admit to being wildly bias here but BOC is awesome and I believe one of the most underrated bands of their generation.

Their early work came out of nowhere and sounds like nothing before or that has come since.
You're preaching to the choir! Here is a cool vides from around the time of Burning For You, but an older song.
Old 02-25-2014, 04:52 PM   #10
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

SUGARLOAF

Green Eyed Lady - Don't call us (we'll call you) -Tongue and Cheek etc.....
Loved their music, but Green Eyed Lady was their best single by long shot.
Old 02-25-2014, 09:05 PM   #11
spareparts
Insulted Other Member(s)

Male

spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

Close poll, I suspected this would be a good matchup
Old 02-26-2014, 12:34 AM   #12
dreammachine
Starter

Male

dreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot material

I always liked both groups, but as far as listening to a song on the radio back in the day I would have to give this battle to Sugarloaf. Their lead singer went on later to sing with Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons. I think that the former lead singer of the Critters also sang with the Four Seasons and may have been the lead vocal on the song "Oh, What A Night'.

Blue Oyster Cult was a great band and I really enjoyed a lot of their music too.
dreammachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 12:36 AM   #13
RGHoskins
I'm Bad. I'm Nationwide!

Male

CockyCash: 26000805
RGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to RGHoskins

I swear to God I don't know how some of these bands are getting so much as a single vote.

- Rick H-

Rest in Peace Jaymie, aka Feistyminx and C- Girl.
RGHoskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 01:47 AM   #14
spareparts
Insulted Other Member(s)

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGHoskins View Post
I swear to God I don't know how some of these bands are getting so much as a single vote.
I can start a Boys II Men vs. Bel Biv Devoe contest if you like
Old 02-26-2014, 01:49 AM   #15
RGHoskins
I'm Bad. I'm Nationwide!

Male

RGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
Well BBD all the way in that case, but that vote wouldn't really matter.

- Rick H-

Old 02-26-2014, 01:50 AM   #16
RGHoskins
I'm Bad. I'm Nationwide!

Male

Quote:
For the record, I voted BOC. I really thought everyone would.

- Rick H-

Old 02-26-2014, 01:56 AM   #17
spareparts
Insulted Other Member(s)

Male

Quote:
For the record, I voted BOC. I really thought everyone would.
I was kidding about Bel Biv Devoe. Even though you know damn well you had the cassette of Poison.
Old 02-26-2014, 02:00 AM   #18
RGHoskins
I'm Bad. I'm Nationwide!

Male

Quote:
I was kidding about Bel Biv Devoe. Even though you know damn well you had the cassette of Poison.
Yeah, what of it?

- Rick H-

Old 02-26-2014, 02:09 AM   #19
spareparts
Insulted Other Member(s)

Male

Quote:
Yeah, what of it?
That was the shit. That one, and "I Thought It Was Me"
Old 02-26-2014, 03:15 AM   #20
Gaichon
Chartreuse Microbus, 10-4

Male

Gaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot material

Quote:
Had the cassette single - shameful.

On this one I went Sugarloaf all the way - easy vote.

Gaichon is offline   Reply With Quote