CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > iCocky

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
gamecockgal
garnet_black215
DTGCOCKS#32
Pw00132
b381l
Order 66
Ahmad
wumarshall82
CockyGuy
Thoughts on Shawn El (1611)
10-2 (1560)
UK promoting a black (1375)
Time for a new coach (954)
Four UK Players Susp (861)
Coach Gaines: " (842)
Connor Shaw's fault. (584)
I Was Dealing With T (545)
Since everyone loves (457)
Build a New Stadium (455)
400 pasing yards
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Connor Mitch
I Was Dealing With The Lo
QB Recruiting Strategy
Any prospects w/whom our
Four UK Players Suspended
Build a New Stadium
This program has no ideni
How much $$ would you lit

Old 02-26-2014, 01:20 AM   #21
nin_usc_freak92
Class of 2015

Male

CockyCash: 3400
nin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPit
Default Re: Microsoft greed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravecock524 View Post
It is too bad he is disappointed but that doesn't mean it is Microsoft's fault that you didn't read what it said on the front of the game before you bought it. You could always try to return it to Wal-Mart if you don't want to get the Gold subscription.
Exactly. Consumer ignorance shouldn't rest on the shoulders of Microsoft. Walmart takes back just about anything with a barcode on it so I'd try that route if you wanna skip on the $40-$50 it costs for a year of XBL (if you shop around and find the online codes on sale)
Old 02-26-2014, 01:36 AM   #22
roosterdude21
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 540
roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material

And you won't be able to cancel the membership. Give up, they'll never allow it to happen.
roosterdude21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 01:50 AM   #23
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

If you get an XBL gold subscription, you can also watch Gamecock basketball games that are only on ESPN 3!

So there's that.
Old 02-26-2014, 02:12 AM   #24
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 66 View Post
Who has an Xbox without Xbox live? That's 75% of the fun.
Me. I hate online games. Some people don't care about games so much that they are okay paying monthly for it. I am already paying for internet and electricity and am paying for the game. This is why I am getting a PS4. Better non-online games selection for me. And I don't need all that may games. I have saves in PS2 games logging over 200 hours and never beat. On my PC I am still playing friggin Morrowind! (heavily modded of course.)
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 02:19 AM   #25
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

To OP. I think this is the reason these games companies should have an easy-going return policy. I hope this proves true for you. This is why I don't play online games, and Microsoft truly is trying to become the Netflix of gaming. I wouldn't even be surprised if they bought Netflix so that you would have to have their machine to watch Netflix movies.
Old 02-26-2014, 02:22 AM   #26
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterClowney View Post
If you get an XBL gold subscription, you can also watch Gamecock basketball games that are only on ESPN 3!

So there's that.
Or you can just buy chromecast for a 1 time 35 charge.
Old 02-26-2014, 02:23 AM   #27
Order 66
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
Me. I hate online games. Some people don't care about games so much that they are okay paying monthly for it. I am already paying for internet and electricity and am paying for the game. This is why I am getting a PS4. Better non-online games selection for me. And I don't need all that may games. I have saves in PS2 games logging over 200 hours and never beat. On my PC I am still playing friggin Morrowind! (heavily modded of course.)
You don't need to be online to play most 360 or xb1 games. Most games are created with multi player in mind...that's where the money is at for developers. I never even beat the last few COD or BF campaigns but had tremendous fun leveling up online with friends. The last story mode I beat was GTA5 because it was just that good.
Old 02-26-2014, 02:29 AM   #28
Order 66
2nd Team All-American

Male

Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
To OP. I think this is the reason these games companies should have an easy-going return policy. I hope this proves true for you. This is why I don't play online games, and Microsoft truly is trying to become the Netflix of gaming. I wouldn't even be surprised if they bought Netflix so that you would have to have their machine to watch Netflix movies.
Most everything will be moving to digital download in the future, good luck returning a used code to a store. You're better off trying to return a used rubber to the store.
Old 02-26-2014, 02:31 AM   #29
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Most everything will be moving to digital download in the future, good luck returning a used code to a store. You're better off trying to return a used rubber to the store.
Lawyers will find a way to stop it. They should be able to have the technology to refund your money if you uninstall it.
Old 02-26-2014, 02:39 AM   #30
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
You don't need to be online to play most 360 or xb1 games. Most games are created with multi player in mind...that's where the money is at for developers. I never even beat the last few COD or BF campaigns but had tremendous fun leveling up online with friends. The last story mode I beat was GTA5 because it was just that good.
Well I am not about playing with friends. I don't play well with others, I don't even play games that often. I get bored then I pick up a new game or an old one that I like and play for a good long while until eventually and inevitably get bored for playing games again. The reason I am leaning toward PS4 is because I prefer the RPG types. Other than that. I like to have like one good shooter game, one good golf game, one good college football game, like a Dynasty Warriors kind of game.
Old 02-26-2014, 02:44 AM   #31
Order 66
2nd Team All-American

Male

Walmart will take back an unopened game without a receipt. ..just figure out how to get Game Stop to give you a new copy of the game. I hope that game wasn't expensive to have no campaign or story mode.
Old 02-26-2014, 02:48 AM   #32
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 101109992
diehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPit

Quote:
You're gonna have to pay for online with the ps4....if you decide you want to go that route. Offline will still be free.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

diehardgamecock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 02:54 AM   #33
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

diehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingoftheroost View Post
Actually, for those of you who are having a hard time understanding, I'll explain it for you. My son has the original game Plants vs Zombies, and I know it is quite appropriate for his age, so when he saw this was coming out, he didn't read anything about it BECAUSE HE'S A KID. And since I knew about the first game and how it worked, I had no reason to think this game would be set up any differently.

But feel free to go back to being judgmental asses about a kid's disappointment.

As for me buying him 360 and a PS4, he definitely did not get them at the same time. He's had the 360 for quite a while, and even then it was a hand-me-down system. But I at least understand your point, and I know you didn't know he had one system for a long time.
Fwiw...sorry about your kid's disappointment. That sucks. And yeah....obviously an 8 or 9 year old kid wouldn't be expected to know that a game was online only.

I think your beef is with pop-cap and EA (publisher....right?) though. They made the game...made it an online only shooter. MS didn't have anything to do with that part of it.

My kids love the plants vs. zombies theme too...on both Xbox and tablets. Totally agree it's age appropriate. If you don't want to pay for Xbox LIVE, maybe the store you bought it from will take the game back.

Good luck.

Old 02-26-2014, 02:56 AM   #34
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Walmart will take back an unopened game without a receipt. ..just figure out how to get Game Stop to give you a new copy of the game. I hope that game wasn't expensive to have no campaign or story mode.
I believe it's a $30 game....pretty good deal for an online shooter, IMO. I won't be getting it for myself, but will be buying it for my son's 9th birthday. He's really looking forward to it.

Old 02-26-2014, 03:24 AM   #35
womfalcs3
Happiness is a choice

Male

CockyCash: 1400
womfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterClowney View Post

So there's that.
Free on the computer with a regular internet subscription. So there's that.

Microsoft charges you for using Youtube...

Their disingenuous and deceptive behavior is the reason they're struggling right now. Few people support their behavior, including our one and only Diehard.
womfalcs3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 03:26 AM   #36
Volumes
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
Volumes has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Actually, for those of you who are having a hard time understanding, I'll explain it for you. My son has the original game Plants vs Zombies, and I know it is quite appropriate for his age, so when he saw this was coming out, he didn't read anything about it BECAUSE HE'S A KID. And since I knew about the first game and how it worked, I had no reason to think this game would be set up any differently.

But feel free to go back to being judgmental asses about a kid's disappointment.

As for me buying him 360 and a PS4, he definitely did not get them at the same time. He's had the 360 for quite a while, and even then it was a hand-me-down system. But I at least understand your point, and I know you didn't know he had one system for a long time.
You're right, a kid won't read about the game, because he's 8. Maybe that's where you, the parent comes into play. Maybe you should read or do a little research before buying a game for an 8 year old. But I get it, it's Microsoft's fault.
Volumes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 06:28 AM   #37
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 4466416
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by womfalcs3 View Post
Free on the computer with a regular internet subscription. So there's that.

Microsoft charges you for using Youtube...

Their disingenuous and deceptive behavior is the reason they're struggling right now. Few people support their behavior, including our one and only Diehard.
Free on computer with Internet and cable TV subscription. I have Direct TV and TWC Internet. No espn3 for me. Twc says I have to have both services thru them
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 06:29 AM   #38
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 4466416
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardgamecock View Post
I believe it's a $30 game....pretty good deal for an online shooter, IMO. I won't be getting it for myself, but will be buying it for my son's 9th birthday. He's really looking forward to it.

Make the dude an offer maybe yall can help each other out
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 09:07 AM   #39
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardgamecock View Post
Fwiw...sorry about your kid's disappointment. That sucks. And yeah....obviously an 8 or 9 year old kid wouldn't be expected to know that a game was online only.

I think your beef is with pop-cap and EA (publisher....right?) though. They made the game...made it an online only shooter. MS didn't have anything to do with that part of it.

My kids love the plants vs. zombies theme too...on both Xbox and tablets. Totally agree it's age appropriate. If you don't want to pay for Xbox LIVE, maybe the store you bought it from will take the game back.

Good luck.

I'm not really up on all this stuff to be honest, so you're right about the beef really being with the developers and publishers of the game. FWIW, I used the link taylorssc provided me to buy the 12-month gold membership for $40. I justified it by saying my son can enjoy his other games he has for the 360 a little more now.

And to be clear for some others, my problem isn't the amount of money, it's the fact I had to buy the membership at all. I miss the days when all that was needed was a TV, the game system, and the game itself.
Old 02-26-2014, 09:32 AM   #40
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Quote:

This is a great time for a teaching moment. Explain to him how corporations will continue to rip him off the rest of his life. He should seek out small businesses and local sources for his products and services and avoid the big box stores as much as possible. This is a prime opportunity to suggest that he and his friends should find other entertainment venues. Offer to buy a baseball mitt and teach him the game. Playing outdoors is much better for a kid's brain development than playing video games anyway.

Shaq Attack
yazoo is offline   Reply With Quote