CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > iCocky

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
Ahmad
HeadCockFan
eightohhthree
jrussjr
ChickenButt
cocky-K
SC Sandlapper
roosterdude21
b381l
Clem5on fans are bes (2647)
Mizzou Depth Chart v (1808)
Defense not an issue (1632)
7:30 kickoff for Ken (1484)
Cack's Toast of the (1233)
Legitimate, Unbiased (1203)
Brawl at 49ers/Cardi (1131)
Antonio Allen vs Als (1122)
I guess we don't get (1000)
Look who's at the bo (741)
Predict the Season (After
Chromecast
Antonio Allen vs Alshon J
Vols dismiss RB for punch
Pharoh Cooper is a stud
Defense not an issue....
Defensive personnel quest
Perspective
why we're in this positio
Ex-player sues Southern C

Old 02-26-2014, 09:41 AM   #41
Cockadoo
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 500
Cockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPit
Default Re: Microsoft greed.

Lol, tough crowd in here. This must be the mistake-free zone.

Cockadoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 09:43 AM   #42
Cockadoo
Starter

Male

Cockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by yazoo View Post
This is a great time for a teaching moment. Explain to him how corporations will continue to rip him off the rest of his life. He should seek out small businesses and local sources for his products and services and avoid the big box stores as much as possible. This is a prime opportunity to suggest that he and his friends should find other entertainment venues. Offer to buy a baseball mitt and teach him the game. Playing outdoors is much better for a kid's brain development than playing video games anyway.
First you should ask if his son plays outside before you tell him to make his son play outside. You are assuming a lot as well as others in here.

Old 02-26-2014, 09:58 AM   #43
davidmc467
Little Engine That Could

Male

davidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
Me. I hate online games. Some people don't care about games so much that they are okay paying monthly for it. I am already paying for internet and electricity and am paying for the game. This is why I am getting a PS4. Better non-online games selection for me. And I don't need all that may games. I have saves in PS2 games logging over 200 hours and never beat. On my PC I am still playing friggin Morrowind! (heavily modded of course.)
Agreed. I can just grab the Elder Scrolls suite of games and have non-stop action for the next few years.

Single Player > Multiplayer
Old 02-26-2014, 10:29 AM   #44
uscGRAD04
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

You could sell it back to Gamestop for 50 cents.
uscGRAD04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 10:46 AM   #45
Todd803
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 272
Todd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by womfalcs3 View Post
Free on the computer with a regular internet subscription. So there's that.

Microsoft charges you for using Youtube...

Their disingenuous and deceptive behavior is the reason they're struggling right now. Few people support their behavior, including our one and only Diehard.
This information is not true. If you are a Time Warner customer, cable provider for Columbia and most of SC, you have to also have a cable package that includes ESPN. Information is here for ESPN3/WatchESPN - http://espn.go.com/watchespn/about

Sometimes having a blind bias does not help in communicating accurate information to other people needing it.
Todd803 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 10:50 AM   #46
Todd803
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 272
Todd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingoftheroost View Post
Actually, for those of you who are having a hard time understanding, I'll explain it for you. My son has the original game Plants vs Zombies, and I know it is quite appropriate for his age, so when he saw this was coming out, he didn't read anything about it BECAUSE HE'S A KID. And since I knew about the first game and how it worked, I had no reason to think this game would be set up any differently.

But feel free to go back to being judgmental asses about a kid's disappointment.

As for me buying him 360 and a PS4, he definitely did not get them at the same time. He's had the 360 for quite a while, and even then it was a hand-me-down system. But I at least understand your point, and I know you didn't know he had one system for a long time.
Totally understand the frustration. If you are planning on buying a game day 1, I would reserve it with Gamestop to purchase there. I know some of their stores have bad service, but a lot of them would have asked you if you have a Gold membership when selling it. Walmart/Target/Best Buy is VERY unlikely to provide that info, or even know or care.
Todd803 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 11:25 AM   #47
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Quote:
Well I am not about playing with friends. I don't play well with others, I don't even play games that often. I get bored then I pick up a new game or an old one that I like and play for a good long while until eventually and inevitably get bored for playing games again. The reason I am leaning toward PS4 is because I prefer the RPG types. Other than that. I like to have like one good shooter game, one good golf game, one good college football game, like a Dynasty Warriors kind of game.
Even though ESO is an MMORPG I have found that I can play it solo just fine. Grab a beta key and play free this weekend. I'll be playing the beta of the new Diablo expansion this week. This past couple of weeks i have been running through Fallout 3 again.

For the OP, yeah that sucks and, yeah, it is not the fault of MS. Y'all should be able to get your money's worth of action from the Live membership over the year though. May as well have fun with it.

Order Of The Spur
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 01:13 PM   #48
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 101109992
diehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by womfalcs3 View Post
Free on the computer with a regular internet subscription. So there's that.

Microsoft charges you for using Youtube...

Their disingenuous and deceptive behavior is the reason they're struggling right now. Few people support their behavior, including our one and only Diehard.
Go fly a kite.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

diehardgamecock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 02:39 PM   #49
carolina cocknfire
Walk On

Male

carolina cocknfire has hatched from the shell

Sadly I think a lot of games are starting to get that way. It will not be long before a Gold membership or PS Plus membership is required to turn the consoles on. In regards to Microsoft, they have always been greedy. Just look at the windows updates, they run $300 plus and can just about be upgraded every year. A lot of developers are developing online only games and games that require the online play ability. It's a money market. I have a ps4 and have noticed it. Even Sony is making it a requirement to pay to play online when the ps3 online play was free. If it improves the servers I don't mind paying $50 a year though.
carolina cocknfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 02:42 PM   #50
carolina cocknfire
Walk On

Male

carolina cocknfire has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmc467 View Post
Agreed. I can just grab the Elder Scrolls suite of games and have non-stop action for the next few years.

You must be referring to the previous ones. The newest one that comes out in June will be $60 for the game then $17 a month to play because it is online based. Not to mention the PS PLus or Xbox Live membership you pay for. It is pretty ridiculous. That is one game I will not be purchasing. All the others are fantastic though in single player.
carolina cocknfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 03:17 PM   #51
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmc467 View Post

If you have legit copies of Skyrim, Oblivion, and Morrowind. Than you can play Skywind, and Skyblivion, and Morroblivion. Although I don't think they are all finshed.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 03:33 PM   #52
Harry Cock
Recruit

Male

Harry Cock is sharpening his clawsHarry Cock is sharpening his clawsHarry Cock is sharpening his clawsHarry Cock is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscGRAD04 View Post
You could sell it back to Gamestop for 50 cents.
Harry Cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 03:34 PM   #53
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

diehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPit

I love all the over the top, butthurt anti-capitalism in this thread. Good job, republicans.

Old 02-26-2014, 03:36 PM   #54
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardgamecock View Post
I love all the over the top, butthurt anti-capitalism in this thread. Good job, republicans.

I don't see any anti capitalism. Saying I am not going to buy something because it's not worth it IS me participating in capitalism. Don't get political, I just got back from being banned for that.
Old 02-26-2014, 03:40 PM   #55
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

I my opinion anytime you buy a game that requires XBL, it should come with one month free of XBL (or include in the price of the game) so you can at least play the game. It's not about, being against what the companies are trying to do to make money, but doing it a better way for customers.
Old 02-26-2014, 03:56 PM   #56
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
I my opinion anytime you buy a game that requires XBL, it should come with one month free of XBL (or include in the price of the game) so you can at least play the game. It's not about, being against what the companies are trying to do to make money, but doing it a better way for customers.
A lot of games used to come with a 48 hour pass. Some came with a month. I guess they figure everybody that wants it has it by now.

If one cannot afford $5/month for LIVE or PSN, video games probably aren't the best use of disposable income. If one simply chooses not to purchase it, that's their choice.

Old 02-26-2014, 03:57 PM   #57
Cockadoo
Starter

Male

Quote:

? If nothing else this thread is the epitome of capitalism. Choosing to not buy or showing your dislike for a company gives other companies a foothold into the market. Without that capitalism would not exist.

If it were anti-capitalism the op would have just paid the money with no complaints and thanked MS for allowing him to make that mistake.

Old 02-26-2014, 04:07 PM   #58
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
A lot of games used to come with a 48 hour pass. Some came with a month. I guess they figure everybody that wants it has it by now.

If one cannot afford $5/month for LIVE or PSN, video games probably aren't the best use of disposable income. If one simply chooses not to purchase it, that's their choice.

That equals what $60 bucks a year. I spend like half that a year in games and I and enjoy them just fine. All I am saying is take the guess work out of the equation and include one month in the game or if they already have XBL give them a discount or rebate.
Old 02-26-2014, 04:08 PM   #59
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Whining about companies being "greedy" by charging for their product smacks of butthurt. I find it boring as hell.

Anywhoo...y'all have fun. I'm off to play on LIVE....because 'murica.

Old 02-26-2014, 04:10 PM   #60
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
That equals what $60 bucks a year. I spend like half that a year in games and I and enjoy them just fine. All I am saying is take the guess work out of the equation and include one month in the game or if they already have XBL give them a discount or rebate.
I understand what you're saying...they used to do that...can't remember exactly when it stopped, but it's been a while now.