CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground > Basketball Recruits

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Captain9Dragons
b381l
sporkgod50
RGHoskins
GoldenSpur7
ccured
Thenardier
robgusc76
Gyle41386
ucan'tlickourcocks
Mangus now coaching (1916)
Can Tennessee get to (1300)
ESPN Article on HBC (1074)
Connor Shaw: Atlanta (863)
Spread vs. aTm (808)
2 Crazy things (805)
Lindy's top 100 for (763)
Chick Redefines the (742)
Worse Hire Brad Scot (637)
The Bama series (523)
Name a Gamecock
Lindy's top 100 for 2010
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!
Get it while it's hot
2 Crazy things
Playstation 4
Dylan Moses: The first fr
Chicago ND fan/SEC book i
ESPN Article on HBC on on
Alabama @ South Carolina

Old 02-20-2014, 08:01 PM   #161
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200700
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cockhornleghorn
Default Re: A'ja Wilson

You guys need to get on there and post some comments as Gamecock fans. There are too many UCONN fans on there.
Old 02-21-2014, 12:15 AM   #162
JDuro
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 608
JDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his comb

I like to lurk their Lady Vols forum but not enough to register. Nice post this evening by LurkerExposed over there this evening:
Quote:
A'ja has the chance to be even CLOSER to home, and yet play for a new, upcoming powerhouse at South Carolina. Doesn't UT want Wilson to play as a 4 or 5? Simmons will not want to share her area of the court with Wilson.

Can anyone imagine (for one season anyways) USC rotating 6-3 Ibiam, 6-4 Coates, and 6-4 White, while ALSO playing them along with 6-5 Wilson on the same court at the same time? Then after next season Ibiam leaves, but the others stay and play together for a total of 3 seasons? They'd have to re-write the WCBB rules for that team...
No mention of Aleighsa Welch being there one more year among those playing the post even though she's one of USC's two best players.

Also they look at A'ja as a player at the 5 or 4 position over there. I think she plays mostly 3 here and possibly more 2 than she will 4 which is more along the line of what Wilson envisions.

JDuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 12:35 AM   #163
weatheredxtown
Master of Minutia

Male

CockyCash: 680
weatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talons

Too hard to read posts on Vol Nation. All that orange is giving me a headache...
weatheredxtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 10:55 PM   #164
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material

Does anyone know if A'ja got to see the great crowd at the game against Florida?
Old 02-23-2014, 11:12 PM   #165
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
CockyCash: 107378315064
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material

I'm sure she knows about it
Old 02-23-2014, 11:18 PM   #166
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Skycocker View Post
I'm sure she knows about it
I read one article where Dawn was on the phone with a recruit while the team was watching A&M/UK after our game. I hope there is even more of a buzz on Thursday night.
Old 02-23-2014, 11:26 PM   #167
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockhornleghorn View Post
I read one article where Dawn was on the phone with a recruit while the team was watching A&M/UK after our game. I hope there is even more of a buzz on Thursday night.
I saw that as well. It's got to be either A'Ja or someone for next year's class
Old 02-24-2014, 01:28 AM   #168
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

UCONN forum has a lengthy (albeit somewhat sidetracked) thread about the future of WBB if A'Ja chooses SC. I see that cockhornleghorn has made his way over there

http://the-boneyard.com/threads/look...arolina.53327/
Old 02-24-2014, 01:55 AM   #169
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

Quote:
UCONN forum has a lengthy (albeit somewhat sidetracked) thread about the future of WBB if A'Ja chooses SC. I see that cockhornleghorn has made his way over there

http://the-boneyard.com/threads/look...arolina.53327/
Yes, I have to make sure the Gamecocks are represented!
Old 02-24-2014, 08:57 PM   #170
JDuro
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 608
JDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his comb

Quote:
I saw that as well. It's got to be either A'Ja or someone for next year's class
LOL hopefully someone with an "uh" in her first name (A'ja, Te'a, Asia).
Disclaimer: (I highly doubt Te'a Cooper comes here at all but it would be quite a coup if Dawn swooped in and got her.)

JDuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 11:18 PM   #171
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDuro View Post
LOL hopefully someone with an "uh" in her first name (A'ja, Te'a, Asia).
Disclaimer: (I highly doubt Te'a Cooper comes here at all but it would be quite a coup if Dawn swooped in and got her.)
Well, Dawn's been doing a whole lotta swooping, lately!
Old 02-26-2014, 08:14 PM   #172
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

A'ja is the WBCA Player of the Year. Congratulations!

http://www.wbca.org/blog/index.cfm/2...lAmerica-Team/
Old 02-26-2014, 08:21 PM   #173
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

Jatarie White also made that list
Old 02-26-2014, 09:50 PM   #174
warriorcock
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
warriorcock has feathers coming inwarriorcock has feathers coming inwarriorcock has feathers coming in

Quote:
Jatarie White also made that list
Kaydra was also listed among the 20 honorable mentions. Congrats girls!

warriorcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 10:51 PM   #175
FurmanCock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 540
FurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot material

With A'ja at the game tonight, and witnessing the crowd and celebration, you gotta think that carries some weight. As many games as she has been to this year, I'm really hoping she has become attached to this team and realizes the potential this team has over the next 3 to 5 years.
FurmanCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 11:08 PM   #176
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift

Male

CockyCash: 200
Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurmanCock View Post
With A'ja at the game tonight, and witnessing the crowd and celebration, you gotta think that carries some weight. As many games as she has been to this year, I'm really hoping she has become attached to this team and realizes the potential this team has over the next 3 to 5 years.
If we can make it to the Women's Final Four or hopefully win it all this year, I have to think she would want to be a Gamecock. If we happen not to do these things, I would hope she still would want to be a Gamecock to be the "missing piece". Stay home A'ja! Make us into a powerhouse program year in and year out.
Old 02-28-2014, 12:06 AM   #177
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

I don't think she would have attended so many games this season if she didn't intend on being a Gamecock.
Old 02-28-2014, 12:58 AM   #178
OldPat
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
OldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot material

WTG, Ladies! Hell of a night, everyone.
OldPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 01:04 AM   #179
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 400
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockhornleghorn View Post
I don't think she would have attended so many games this season if she didn't intend on being a Gamecock.
It looks good, but it could just be because she lives here and are in her final list.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 01:10 AM   #180
FearThethumbandDJ
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1000
FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit

Uconn fans seem pretty confident they will get her.

I also found it funny that they used the exampe of the football player from auburn(5 star) who waited until after the season to commit to bama so he wouldnt get as much hate.

First off womens basketball is nowhere near the popularity of college football, i doubt anyone would even recognize aja if she walked on Columbia's campus unless you heavily follow recruiting.

She may just be waiting because she truly does know yet or just wants to keep enjoying the perks of recruiting. I dont claim to talk to her every night(like that creepy guy on volnation) so i dont know nor do i claim to. However, i think she does come to USC just because the in state pull will be too much to overcome.

May our WBB team be successful for many years regardless of what she chooses.
FearThethumbandDJ is offline   Reply With Quote