CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Master Bedroom
smoovecock
b381l
kick_ball
l^l^lBGCock
thekob
etowngangsta
The Yancey
Lalli25
Lonnie
GOOD NEWS ABOUT SPUR (3325)
Rebutting Dabo's Ran (2573)
Good Omen for Saturd (1883)
Starting Lineup Anno (1812)
Cant believe no one (1673)
Suspicious sign-in a (734)
We Have to Pass (720)
Poster on another si (653)
Spurrier weekly pres (591)
SOS needs to put thi (503)
Suspicious sign-in activi
Defense and offense ranki
2015 Commitment - Marquav
Odell Becham Catch
Rivalry Thoughts and Pred
Cant believe no one has s
Why has there been 40 yea
USC/clemson spread
This would be awesome....
Ninety Six 21 Abbeville

Old 02-28-2014, 03:40 PM   #1
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material
Default Pre Spring Depth Chart

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...epth_chart.pdf

No real surprises at all. Pretty standard. Highlights some of the position battles from the other thread I started.

Interesting that Walton is listed at WLB and Roberts at Mike.
Old 02-28-2014, 04:29 PM   #2
Thundercocks- Ho!
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
Thundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: Pre Spring Depth Chart

Seems like they have updated Dixon Jrs weight but not Moore, Cooper English, Walton. Wonder when we will see accurate numbers.
Thundercocks- Ho! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 06:16 PM   #3
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 996351
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

I never realized Corey Robinson was that tall, I knew he was tall but I had no idea he was 6-8!
Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 06:22 PM   #4
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

we'll never see accurate numbers, but off the top of my head coop is listed 13 lb's heavier than he was last fall and harris either 15 or 18 heavier. i like the move of walton and roberts, i think it gets our most talented linebackers on the field. also it allows roberts to get snaps at either spot if necessary.

correct me if im wrong i wanna say rory dropped some weight. they may have wanted him to stretch the field and be a little more nimble. i want to see how smooth gurley looks now that hes another few months away from the knee injury and gets needed practice time at safety. can cooper get a stranglehold on the slot position and will a viable backup emerge behind him? can matulis and gibson have a healthy spring and challenge the starters to get the most out of them? is zandi ready? hope chaz is able to stay injury free this spring.

dukes being listed as a starter is a bit of surprise.
crowcutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 10:06 AM   #5
BornCocky'86
Good...Great

Male

CockyCash: 283
BornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPit

WR depth scares me
"I think maybe we should just sit here quietly now and not say anything, and let you just kinda contemplate on the news I just dropped on you, and let me just kinda contemplate on my own pain and sorrows right now."

Kenny Powers
BornCocky'86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 10:21 AM   #6
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

You scare easy.

CB depth should scare you.
Old 03-01-2014, 12:53 PM   #7
BornCocky'86
Good...Great

Male

BornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
You scare easy.

CB depth should scare you.
Thx for the insight
"I think maybe we should just sit here quietly now and not say anything, and let you just kinda contemplate on the news I just dropped on you, and let me just kinda contemplate on my own pain and sorrows right now."

Kenny Powers
Old 03-01-2014, 12:55 PM   #8
BornCocky'86
Good...Great

Male

Phillip Dukes finally getting his opportunity to start. It feels like he's been on the team for a long long time

Kenny Powers
Old 03-01-2014, 04:21 PM   #9
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornCocky'86 View Post
Thx for the insight
Happy to help!
Old 03-01-2014, 04:51 PM   #10
CockyATO
Flipping Recruits

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
CockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talons

Our depth at Spur seems excessive...

Another N00k production
CockyATO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 05:30 PM   #11
HeadCockFan
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

David Johnson 6'1'', 280. Is that muscle or fat? He got huge.
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 05:45 PM   #12
PageUSC

Male

PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornCocky'86 View Post
WR depth scares me
I wouldn't worry too much ab our WR Depth. I think Roland and Jones will have big years. Also Byrd will be solid again. Cooper should have a nice year.

As for depth I think you'll see Brent, Fuller and Shamier play with some sense of urgency this year. Lookout for Deebo coming in too. Staff really likes him
Old 03-01-2014, 05:48 PM   #13
PageUSC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadCockFan View Post
David Johnson 6'1'', 280. Is that muscle or fat? He got huge.
Both. Haha that's an easy answer. No one is all muscle. Even physique body builders are like 5 or 6% body fat.

I got down to about 7% when I was training 3 years ago.

Looking at Johnson with my trained eyes he does have a good amount of body fat he could shed
Old 03-01-2014, 05:54 PM   #14
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

English posted today on instagram that he's 244 lbs...
ConwayGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 06:48 PM   #15
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

i feel real good about the outside wr's. the question is cooper ready to go from gadget guy to a guy we can count on as the starter in the slot. with the veteran core of roland, byrd, and jones with the skills cooper and whitehurst bring to the table i like the depth of the unit.

with ali groves reportedly being limited this spring, we probably will see this brison williams getting reps at corner experiment which should at the same time give the younger safeties needed reps.
crowcutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 03:07 AM   #16
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

Let the surprise performances begin.
Old 03-03-2014, 03:40 AM   #17
USCremedy
This your bush?

Male

CockyCash: 2300
USCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot material

Dylan's blindside should be covered. Two seniors at guard and tackle. Surprised to see Na'Ty starting.

USCremedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 10:13 AM   #18
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

CockyCash: 7003000
kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material

I think I'm the only person who didn't realize how big Dixon Jr. is. I remember watching him on the field and thinking, "That's a big boy," but I didn't realize he was that big. And Dukes is nearly exactly the same size (according to the listed numbers). If they could both really turn it up a notch, that would be great.
Old 03-03-2014, 10:18 AM   #19
HeadCockFan
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

This is the year we finally get what we've all wanted. I believe.
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 11:22 AM   #20
PageUSC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCremedy View Post
Dylan's blindside should be covered. Two seniors at guard and tackle. Surprised to see Na'Ty starting.
Elliot LOVES him!