CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground > Basketball Recruits

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
GoldenSpur7
JerseyBird
yazoo
IslandCock
Acockolypse Now
The Yancey
johnnyb
spareparts
BlueHerons
rolinb1
OBC banner being add (1752)
The bane of our seas (1676)
Ward wants us to pla (1276)
Who scores the first (1156)
WR Depth Chart/Rotat (1072)
Davis Playing in A&a (932)
Tanner McEvoy Starti (675)
Come and get your Jo (571)
CFB Playoff Bracket (562)
SL,UT Gamecocks (546)
Who scores the first touc
***2014 Carolina Panthers
Spurrier: Davis May Not B
Connor Shaw Browns
OBC banner being added to
The bane of our season
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
2014-15 Premier League se
Looking for 2 for UGA or
****Official 2014 Gamecoc

Old 02-28-2014, 01:18 AM   #181
OldPat
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
OldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot material
Default Re: A'ja Wilson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
It looks good, but it could just be because she lives here and are in her final list.
Think AC's play this year will have a significant impact on A'ja decision because she knows we'll have an impact player in the paint w/o forcing her to go inside.
OldPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 01:46 AM   #182
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldPat View Post
Think AC's play this year will have a significant impact on A'ja decision because she knows we'll have an impact player in the paint w/o forcing her to go inside.
White is better offensively that Coates. Has better moves, and is left handed. GWaaaahhaaa. In fact White will probably be our best down low scorer even with Wilson. Cuevas handling the ball should reduce our turnovers too. Duckett will greatly improve our guard defense. She gets a ton of steals. We should be able to have a deadly press.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 06:58 PM   #183
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Some of these Uconn fans are really just talking out their rear ends.

"Are you a millionaire right now?" 'Nah, not yet. I'm still broke." - Jadeveon Clowney

Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.

Gamecocks1137 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 07:11 PM   #184
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 View Post
Some of these Uconn fans are really just talking out their rear ends.
And people here think our fans are spoiled. UConn WBB fans have to be the most pompous snooty bunch I have ever seen. They talk like winning the National Championship every year is the birth right. I would love to send them packing in the tournament.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 07:36 PM   #185
ucan'tlickourcocks
The "other" M. Lattimore

Male

CockyCash: 100000200
ucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot material

Quote:
I would love to send them packing in the tournament.
Amen Brother!!! I live for that day......
Old 02-28-2014, 09:40 PM   #186
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200700
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cockhornleghorn

Quote:
And people here think our fans are spoiled. UConn WBB fans have to be the most pompous snooty bunch I have ever seen. They talk like winning the National Championship every year is the birth right. I would love to send them packing in the tournament.
Maybe not this year, but that day will come very soon.
Old 02-28-2014, 11:30 PM   #187
lfowens
Walk On

lfowens is sharpening his clawslfowens is sharpening his clawslfowens is sharpening his clawslfowens is sharpening his clawslfowens is sharpening his claws

Quote:
I look forward to these new recruits next year to go with our already very solid team - we are going to need them all to knock off UCONN. That Breanna Stewart is about as good as I have ever seen in women's basketball and just a sophomore. I will be very proud if our Gamecock WBB team can make it to the final four this year - that would be significant (and steady) progress for Dawn. Go Cocks!!!! The future looks very bright!
lfowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 11:35 PM   #188
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material

^ I think a one seed would go a long way towards getting us to at least the Elite Eight, if not the final four. I think a win at Tennessee on Sunday will wrap up a one seed, no matter what happens in the SEC Tournament. Of course, I would love to win the SEC Tournament.
Old 03-02-2014, 02:15 AM   #189
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

http://www.thestate.com/2014/03/01/3...ghlanders.html

Congratulations to A'ja Wilson and Heathwood Hall for winning the state championship.
Old 03-02-2014, 02:33 AM   #190
Gyle41386
Explosivo

Male

CockyCash: 1450
Gyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gyle41386 Send a message via Yahoo to Gyle41386

Here's the buzzer beater: http://instagram.com/p/lBZNoWtvKu/
Old 03-02-2014, 12:43 PM   #191
jrussjr
Blue Chip

Male

jrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyle41386 View Post
Here's the buzzer beater: http://instagram.com/p/lBZNoWtvKu/
Did A'ja hit that shot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jrussjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 03:53 PM   #192
warriorcock
Recruit

Male

warriorcock is sharpening his clawswarriorcock is sharpening his clawswarriorcock is sharpening his clawswarriorcock is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrussjr View Post
Did A'ja hit that shot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes it was A'ja with the clutch 3.
warriorcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 03:13 AM   #193
lfowens
Walk On

lfowens is sharpening his clawslfowens is sharpening his clawslfowens is sharpening his clawslfowens is sharpening his clawslfowens is sharpening his claws

Now it is time for her commitment - right? Didn't she say after the playoffs?
lfowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 09:50 AM   #194
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 94340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

Good for her and that team. Hopefully she comes to USC, Staley is really building something special here.

-Abo Swinney, April 23, 2014

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...steve-spurrier
MWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 10:28 AM   #195
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift

Male

CockyCash: 200
Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material

Gah we need her bad! She would be the missing piece to a national title or multiple.
Old 03-03-2014, 11:58 AM   #196
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfowens View Post
Now it is time for her commitment - right? Didn't she say after the playoffs?
I wonder if she's going to wait to make her announcement during the McDonald's AA game, which is on April 2nd...
Old 03-03-2014, 12:30 PM   #197
OldPat
Blue Chip

Male

OldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot material

Everyone, I'm as anxious as all of you to know where A'ja's going, but we've gotta give the girl a little time to unwind & talk things over with her Mom and Dad. Let her tell us on her schedule, not ours.
OldPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 07:41 PM   #198
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
I wonder if she's going to wait to make her announcement during the McDonald's AA game, which is on April 2nd...
That would be awesome, wouldn't it?
Old 03-03-2014, 07:56 PM   #199
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldPat View Post
Everyone, I'm as anxious as all of you to know where A'ja's going, but we've gotta give the girl a little time to unwind & talk things over with her Mom and Dad. Let her tell us on her schedule, not ours.
And I'm fine with that OldPat....actually, I've been really trying more to focus on the outstandingly talented class we've got signed already and bringing in for next season. I'm afraid those girls are being a little overlooked right now in all the hoopla with Wilson. What we already have coming in for next season - added to what we have in place now - will upgrade our team substantially. Would love to get A'ja as well, but still excited over the future of the program regardless....
Old 03-03-2014, 08:20 PM   #200
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
And I'm fine with that OldPat....actually, I've been really trying more to focus on the outstandingly talented class we've got signed already and bringing in for next season. I'm afraid those girls are being a little overlooked right now in all the hoopla with Wilson. What we already have coming in for next season - added to what we have in place now - will upgrade our team substantially. Would love to get A'ja as well, but still excited over the future of the program regardless....
I can't wait to see all of the freshmen play next fall. As good as we've been this season, we will have quality depth across the board, next season.