CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
El Cid Ranger
WeStillOwnUSC
GarnetSwarm1990
taylorssc
USCNowAndForever
gamecockgal
SC Sandlapper
Gamecocks1137
B-G
ConwayGamecock
Interesting quotes f (2054)
Have you ever been s (1262)
Tennessee Offense Br (807)
Key for 2015 defense (762)
Women's Team Ranked (508)
This season and recr (439)
Skai Moore out for U (426)
Lebron makes Clevela (340)
SEC Coaches Dress Up (231)
For all the uniform (189)
2016 - Jovan Kinlaw
Uniforms for Tenn
***2014 Carolina Panthers
Have you ever been so wro
BLACK OUT!!!!!!!
We're going to the NCAA T
Season Tickets
Key for 2015 defense
Women's Team Ranked #2 In
Wallpaper & Backgroun

Old 03-01-2014, 10:27 AM   #21
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material
Default Re: DAVID WILLIAMS....WOW!

There are a few guys on every SEC team with that kind of speed, but few with the strength and smarts of this kid. He will be a star.
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 10:35 AM   #22
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
CockyCash: 106687138593
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material

I'll bet he's really more like a 4.45, those times are always exaggerated
Old 03-01-2014, 10:38 AM   #23
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsandersjr View Post
Walt Deptula, WCCP in Clemson, said that Mike Davis is one of the top backs in the nation but may only be the second best back on our team. Deptula is a pompous, self promoting blowhard but as much as I hate to admit it, he knows his stuff. He agreed with Davis' comparison of Williams to Adrian Peterson. I'm excited to see him on the field.
He is an ACC and Clemson homer. He does NOT know his stuff. He is an idiot. All you need to do is look at his assessment of the SEC in terms of football talent. In his pea brain, SEC teams all suck are are grossly overrated. He likes the ACC teams, Clempson, and the Big Ten and believes those are better in terms of talent than the SEC. He regularly predicts the SEC will lose most of its bowl games, and underrates the SEC offenses because SEC defenses hold them in check for the most part.

Shaq Attack
yazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 11:00 AM   #24
BeatBamaTwice
Yes we can!!!

Male

CockyCash: 200499500136447999
BeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by doccock View Post
LSU, Bama, and Auburn manage to play 3-4 RB's every game so I don't see why it can't work for us. We could begin to work him in the way Bama did with Henry last year.
doc
Almost every week last year our RB coach talked about rotation but it rarely happened. Does anyone know who actually makes the call as to which back goes in? Wouldn't a game plan include a rotation philosophy that was agreed to in advance by all?
Old 03-01-2014, 11:18 AM   #25
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 113508514
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsandersjr View Post
Walt Deptula, WCCP in Clemson, said that Mike Davis is one of the top backs in the nation but may only be the second best back on our team. Deptula is a pompous, self promoting blowhard but as much as I hate to admit it, he knows his stuff. He agreed with Davis' comparison of Williams to Adrian Peterson. I'm excited to see him on the field.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yazoo View Post
He is an ACC and Clemson homer. He does NOT know his stuff. He is an idiot. All you need to do is look at his assessment of the SEC in terms of football talent. In his pea brain, SEC teams all suck are are grossly overrated. He likes the ACC teams, Clempson, and the Big Ten and believes those are better in terms of talent than the SEC. He regularly predicts the SEC will lose most of its bowl games, and underrates the SEC offenses because SEC defenses hold them in check for the most part.
I hope Walt is correct for once but yazoo's post was quoted for accuracy.
Old 03-01-2014, 12:28 PM   #26
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Davis 50-60%
Wilds 20-30%
Williams 10-20%

David is 6'1" 215...isn't that about right.
Let's see what spring practice looks like.
I'll be surprised if we don't average 150 rushing yards a game.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 12:55 PM   #27
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
Davis 50-60%
Wilds 20-30%
Williams 10-20%

I think it'll be a disappointment if we don't.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 01:05 PM   #28
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

depends on how good Dylan plays.....
Old 03-01-2014, 02:19 PM   #29
ZenUSC
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
ZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPit

Quote:
depends on how good Dylan plays.....
Our run blocking needs to improve. Our OL's ability to run block is the key to 2014. Connor Shaw was one of the few QBs I saw last year who could move his team down the field if the OL was not having a good day run blocking. This may have made the OL lazy on run calls. We had times on 4th and 1 when we could not hand off and get the 1st down. The offense was forced to let Connor get the short 1st downs.
ZenUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 02:48 PM   #30
Cockypantherfan
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Davis 50-60%
Wilds 20-30%
Williams 10-20%

Williams was about 215 when he got into school. I'm sure he is about 220-225 right now.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 02:56 PM   #31
donbgamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 2200
donbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan View Post
Williams was about 215 when he got into school. I'm sure he is about 220-225 right now.
The spring depth chart shows him as being 6-1 and 210lbs.
Old 03-01-2014, 03:03 PM   #32
Cockypantherfan
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by donbgamecock View Post
The spring depth chart shows him as being 6-1 and 210lbs.
I stand corrected. I remember after he signed with us there was a workout video of him where he was with a personal trainer beastin workouts.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 05:10 PM   #33
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

Quote:
Davis 50-60%
Wilds 20-30%
Williams 10-20%

the breakdown of carries will be dictated by just how good that 3rd back is but i think the starter is getting 15-20 carries or 60% no matter what. also this comparison between bama and lsu in the past, they werent playing as many close games as us and they didnt have a running qb. spurrier is going to get his passing attempts. ideally assuming the qb rush attempts go down, the backs touch it more to keep us balanced.

i think coach sands stuck to the rotation he mentioned going into last season, which was in that 60-30 range with spot carries for a 3rd back.
crowcutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 05:24 PM   #34
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

I don't suggest Googling images of David Williams at your work computer. WTF.
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 08:10 PM   #35
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowcutta View Post
the breakdown of carries will be dictated by just how good that 3rd back is but i think the starter is getting 15-20 carries or 60% no matter what. also this comparison between bama and lsu in the past, they werent playing as many close games as us and they didnt have a running qb. spurrier is going to get his passing attempts. ideally assuming the qb rush attempts go down, the backs touch it more to keep us balanced.

i think coach sands stuck to the rotation he mentioned going into last season, which was in that 60-30 range with spot carries for a 3rd back.
of course none of us knows how things will play out...my post was more about Williams getting more reps than Carson did last year. I also think we were got hurt when Wilds went down because Davis was forced to get more carries and that was too hard on him physically.
Old 03-01-2014, 08:27 PM   #36
henmania
Game MVP

Male

henmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearThethumbandDJ View Post
Do yall really think hell get significant playing time as long as Wilds and Davis stay healthy?

I just cant see it. Hell get his chance, but i dont see it coming this year.
If Wilds fumbles again DW will see all kinds of playing time.
henmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 10:18 PM   #37
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material

Williams has really good speed, but what stood out to me in his HS tape was the vision. He set up runs really well an seemed to have that strong anticipatory sense of how to cut and vary speed based on a pretty clever mental picture of the field. Pretty hard to teach stuff. We'll have to see how that translates to SEC level and works against SEC defensive talent.
Goofyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 11:49 PM   #38
roosterdude21
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 11349
roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material

Wow, the kid is a baller
roosterdude21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 11:56 PM   #39
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by henmania View Post
If Wilds fumbles again DW will see all kinds of playing time.
Davis had a few fumbles as well.
Old 03-02-2014, 07:41 PM   #40
cockybreeyan
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
He will play.

Love to see us wear a defense down and let him loose in the 4th.
He will do more than plsy. He has the skill and work ethic to be number two behind MD28 next year. He is the future at RB. I don't think people realize how jaw dropping ly good David is
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote