CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Sarge

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
kingofnerf
Storm Of Spurs
roosterdude21
Gamecocks1137
Sandstorm29
Absfract
MWard
SwampFox
COCKYWOOD
Jim Lahey
Wilds & Carson B (2357)
Marquavius Lewis (2019)
So, why is next year (1927)
How Long Will The Re (1270)
Restaurant musts in (963)
Why do so many of yo (761)
Shot in the arm for (698)
Schuyler Rimmer 6'10 (642)
Custom Jersey (279)
Abu Bowl Ready (188)
2015 Signee - Ulric Jones
So, why is next year goin
Why do so many of you guy
2015 - Mark Fields
Marquavius Lewis
The Vent and Coaching cha
Custom Jersey
UF lets Durkin go
2015 Commitment - Dante S
5 Gourmet Foods That Used

Old 03-01-2014, 11:53 PM   #1
FearThethumbandDJ
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1000
FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit
Default How bad was the broadcasting today?

The on the field reporter asked Chad AND Jack about eliminating turnovers.

On top of that the base icon didnt work, the cameramen couldnt find the ball all day. Also the commercials cut out parts of the game, like in the bottom of the 9th when they didnt show the first at bat and almost missed the 2nd as well.

We missed the 3B collision that almost started the brawl as well.

Its nice that we finally got on tv but for gods sake can we please get people that arent completely incompetent do it? IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK.

/rant
FearThethumbandDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 11:58 PM   #2
75CarolinaFan
Gatorade Poster of d Year

Male

CockyCash: 100200
75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material
Default Re: How bad was the broadcasting today?

It was almost like they let a midget, tater homer/fan site owner call the broadcast. Oh wait, they did! Guess it could have been worse, they could have let Ard do it in his speedo...
75CarolinaFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 11:58 PM   #3
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 939000
Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearThethumbandDJ View Post

On top of that the base icon didnt work, the cameramen couldnt find the ball all day. Also the commercials cut out parts of the game, like in the bottom of the 9th when they didnt show the first at bat and almost missed the 2nd as well.

Its nice that we finally got on tv but for gods sake can we please get people that arent completely incompetent do it? IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK.

/rant
I'm just glad I had a broadcast to watch ! Live in Charlotte and the broadcast info didn't reach me until after the game. Much thanks to JustinTV for the feed. I'm not to be bitching about it either !
Coulwoodwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 12:01 AM   #4
b381l
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000052205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:

/rant
for ESPN3....you get what you pay for.....if I ever really get pissed at announcers, I just turn off the volume.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 12:02 AM   #5
FearThethumbandDJ
Starter

Male

FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coulwoodwarlord View Post
I'm just glad I had a broadcast to watch ! Live in Charlotte and the broadcast info didn't reach me until after the game. Much thanks to JustinTV for the feed. I'm not to be bitching about it either !
You realize how little people care about college baseball when the best rivalry in the game cant even be bothered to be televised outside of SC and the fact that the reporter doesnt know turnovers dont happen in baseball.

Its like asking Frank Martin if they will score a touchdown. I mean cmon.
Old 03-02-2014, 12:03 AM   #6
FearThethumbandDJ
Starter

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
for ESPN3....you get what you pay for.....if I ever really get pissed at announcers, I just turn off the volume.
I was watching on ABC.
Old 03-02-2014, 12:06 AM   #7
75CarolinaFan
Gatorade Poster of d Year

Male

CockyCash: 100200
75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
You realize how little people care about college baseball when the best rivalry in the game cant even be bothered to be televised outside of SC and the fact that the reporter doesnt know turnovers dont happen in baseball.

She was just a taterhead bimbo mouthpiece. After being told for 3 months they gave the game away on turnovers in football, it's easy to how she was confused when they told her they gave the baseball games away too. Honest mistake.
75CarolinaFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 12:07 AM   #8
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 939000
Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material

Quote:

I'm not worried about what the rest of the country thinks dude ! Just happy I had video streaming to my location. That is the "ONLY" thing that mattered.
Coulwoodwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 12:13 AM   #9
FlorenceCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1200000
FlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot material

Mine was blocked off on either side like it was a 4:3 ratio broadcast for almost the entire game until the 8th inning when magically they put up the 16:9 broadcast to fill the entire screen.
Old 03-02-2014, 01:02 AM   #10
SanAntonioCock
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 202732
SanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot material

Clemson threw too many interceptions again.

Never forget the "y" ...and so forth.
SanAntonioCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 03:59 AM   #11
Karl Childers
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
Karl Childers is USC mascot materialKarl Childers is USC mascot materialKarl Childers is USC mascot materialKarl Childers is USC mascot materialKarl Childers is USC mascot materialKarl Childers is USC mascot materialKarl Childers is USC mascot materialKarl Childers is USC mascot materialKarl Childers is USC mascot materialKarl Childers is USC mascot materialKarl Childers is USC mascot material

Bet you didn't know Crownover was a little over two years removed fom "Tommy John" surgery.I think Philpot said it at least twice an inning.
Karl Childers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 07:02 AM   #12
ccured
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 4058916
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Didn't she also say they needed to get in the endzone?
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 09:51 AM   #13
tomtomusc
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 71000
tomtomusc rules the CockPittomtomusc rules the CockPittomtomusc rules the CockPittomtomusc rules the CockPittomtomusc rules the CockPittomtomusc rules the CockPittomtomusc rules the CockPittomtomusc rules the CockPittomtomusc rules the CockPittomtomusc rules the CockPittomtomusc rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75CarolinaFan
Quote:

Originally Posted by FearThethumbandDJ

She was just a taterhead bimbo mouthpiece. After being told for 3 months they gave the game away on turnovers in football, it's easy to how she was confused when they told her they gave the baseball games away too. Honest mistake.
she's a USC grad.

Posted from Cockytalk.com App for Android

Rendezvous is now on Twitter. Search Gamecockbar
tomtomusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 10:09 AM   #14
3MTA3
Game MVP

Male

3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material

Hands down worst broadcast I've ever seen in any sport. Sure, I'm glad I was able to watch, but even watching was difficult at times due to the incompetence on display by the broadcast crew.

How do these people even have a job?
3MTA3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 10:38 AM   #15
COCKDIESEL
Voice of Reason

Male

CWS Baseball Pickem Winner: CWS Baseball Pickem Winner - Given for: Winning the first CWS Pickem Contest 
CockyCash: 57400000
COCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot material

That was put together by the local Tv station in Greenville. They only had so much production value. It reminded me of the late 80's and watching Gamecock Basketball. It was only available in SC and was just the local affiliates.
Old 03-02-2014, 10:40 AM   #16
3MTA3
Game MVP

Male

3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material
Default How bad was the broadcasting today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by COCKDIESEL View Post
That was put together by the local Tv station in Greenville. They only had so much production value. It reminded me of the late 80's and watching Gamecock Basketball. It was only available in SC and was just the local affiliates.

Broadcasts from the 80s were better than yesterday's. I've got no problem with the dates graphics and resolution- what I have a problem with is the incompetence of the crew when it comes to direction of the camera and on field interviews.

Hell- they couldn't even get the count correct most of the game!
3MTA3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 11:47 AM   #17
rrsandersjr
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
rrsandersjr has developed his gaff and talonsrrsandersjr has developed his gaff and talonsrrsandersjr has developed his gaff and talonsrrsandersjr has developed his gaff and talonsrrsandersjr has developed his gaff and talonsrrsandersjr has developed his gaff and talonsrrsandersjr has developed his gaff and talonsrrsandersjr has developed his gaff and talonsrrsandersjr has developed his gaff and talonsrrsandersjr has developed his gaff and talonsrrsandersjr has developed his gaff and talons

We won and got to see it...things are great here when all we can bitch about is the tv broadcast.
rrsandersjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 12:46 PM   #18
Mechanical Cock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
Mechanical Cock rules the CockPitMechanical Cock rules the CockPitMechanical Cock rules the CockPitMechanical Cock rules the CockPitMechanical Cock rules the CockPitMechanical Cock rules the CockPitMechanical Cock rules the CockPitMechanical Cock rules the CockPitMechanical Cock rules the CockPitMechanical Cock rules the CockPitMechanical Cock rules the CockPit

Glad i got to watch it. Better than normal imo. I do agree the yellow dot base runner appeared to be on the pitchers mound most of the day though.
Old 03-02-2014, 01:53 PM   #19
GamecockInHell
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 997834
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

It was better than nothing.
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 02:37 PM   #20
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Yea.
One of the worst broadcasts I've seen.
Were they shooting on cameras from 1996...they know a hi-def camera ain't that hard to come by these days.

Also, Roy Philpott calling the game? Why not get someone who has no affiliation with either school.

I'm happy we were on TV, but youd' think we could've gotten ESPN.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote