CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Sarge

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
kevhugh
AtlGAMECOCK
cockybreeyan
soccerguy79
cockyguitar
Yearofthegamecock
BlakelyH19
Cockypantherfan
Gamecocks1137
usc90grad
**USC vs. Texas A&am (54625)
A&M vent thread (11002)
SOS is pissed (4205)
I think the Gamecock (2986)
Man of my word (no t (1608)
Players reaction to (1562)
Worst Beating since? (1556)
Jimmies and Joes (1548)
Here is the trophy f (1526)
I'm not looking forw (1449)
If this is the best O Lin
SOS is pissed
Overall I thought Byrd, J
A&M vent thread
Toughest stadium in the n
Lorenzo Ward's Play calli
Okay, Clint will be the f
USC vs. Texas A&M Pre
Jimmies and Joes
Here is the trophy for th

Old 03-02-2014, 01:17 AM   #21
bhusc2002
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
bhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to bhusc2002
Default Re: Did anyone see Marcus go in high with his spikes?

Is there anywhere to get a replay of the game?
bhusc2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 01:24 AM   #22
12+4=6
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 850
12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit
Send a message via AIM to 12+4=6

Think it's up on ESPN3.

Class of 2013
12+4=6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 01:25 AM   #23
kathym
Walk On

Female

kathym has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazChris View Post
Not sure what game this person was watching, but there was no spikes up, no swatting away of the hand, and no walking of Mooney back to the dugout. It was Espisito that walked down Baum (it actually appeared that he stepped over Mooney to get to Baum from my angle) and was walked back to the dugout. I was hoping Espisito would put a little respect into the kid, but he played it cooler than I would have.

Chris
We were watching the game on tv and recording it. After watching the play, why
was Jack Leggett allowed to come on to the field in the middle of a play, tap Okey's
shoulder and point to 3rd for him to throw out Mooney? Why was this not called
interference? Mooney should have been called safe because of Leggett's interference
and Baum should have been tossed! Typical tiglets!
kathym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 01:25 AM   #24
SClawman
Game MVP

Male

SClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot material

Here's a Sportstalk link with 4 different vines of the third base play. You can clearly read Caldwell's lips. He's already becoming a favorite player of mine due to his hate for Clemson. First it was the elbow to Boulware at home plate in the first game and then today's game. He's from Easley and grew up a Clemson fan but that's clearly changed.

http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...on-game-video/
Old 03-02-2014, 01:32 AM   #25
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc11 View Post
http://www.theclemsoninsider.com/201...ating-clemson/

When South Carolina shortstop Marcus Mooney slid into third base in the top of the ninth inning spikes high Saturday afternoon, or so it appeared, the Clemson third baseman stood over him and put his finger in his face, obviously not happy to have Mooney’s cleats in his leg.
Mooney swatted away Baum’s hand and both dugouts nearly cleared. But luckily smarter heads prevailed as Clemson catcher Chris Okey and others walked Baum back to the Tigers’ dugout, while USC players did the same to Mooney.
nm
Old 03-02-2014, 01:37 AM   #26
Go Cocks 29
Hall of Famer

Male

CockyCash: 348
Go Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPit

someone needs to point jack's interference out to the jackazzes at tiggernet...I missed that in all the live action it was so fast but that is pitiful that the home plate ump let him tell his catcher to throw the guy out and didnt rule him safe as a result at third
Old 03-02-2014, 03:05 AM   #27
Wardkd2012
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 393
Wardkd2012 has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by SClawman View Post
Here's a Sportstalk link with 4 different vines of the third base play. You can clearly read Caldwell's lips. He's already becoming a favorite player of mine due to his hate for Clemson. First it was the elbow to Boulware at home plate in the first game and then today's game. He's from Easley and grew up a Clemson fan but that's clearly changed.

http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...on-game-video/
Yep I read Caldwell's lips loud and clear. I absolutely love Elliott Caldwell and even more so after this series. I love the fire he brings to the dugout and he always has the back of his teammates. You gotta love that.
Wardkd2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 04:04 AM   #28
gamecockfantd4
Walk On

Male

gamecockfantd4 has hatched from the shell

I want to know why Leggett was on the field why the ball was still in play talking to the umpire and then telling his catcher to throw it to 3rd for the last out. There was no timeout called so he should have never been on the field with the ball still in play.
gamecockfantd4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 04:30 AM   #29
Gamecock303
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 95200
Gamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockfantd4 View Post
I want to know why Leggett was on the field why the ball was still in play talking to the umpire and then telling his catcher to throw it to 3rd for the last out. There was no timeout called so he should have never been on the field with the ball still in play.
probably because crybaby jack would have thrown a hissy fit and refused to leave the field seriously he (and his players) cries more than any coach I have ever seen (although Dabo seems to be learning from him).

I thought it was pretty ridiculous that the ump didn't say anything to him for being out there when the ball was still in play, but then to allow him to touch a player and effect the course of the play was an absolutely horrible jobs by the umpire.
Gamecock303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 08:44 AM   #30
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

For the record...even though wearing ACC caps yesterday that is at best a split crew. They wore SEC caps Friday. AJ Lostaglio will be behind the plate today. One of the best college blues out there. Y'all might remember him as the blue that could have very easily called JBJr out on strikes before he got the basehit vs OU in 2010 to keep the dream alive. AJ is a regular SEC blue.
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 09:01 AM   #31
Todd803
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 272
Todd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPit

Quote:
http://http://www.theclemsoninsider....ating-clemson/

When South Carolina shortstop Marcus Mooney slid into third base in the top of the ninth inning spikes high Saturday afternoon, or so it appeared, the Clemson third baseman stood over him and put his finger in his face, obviously not happy to have Mooney’s cleats in his leg.
Mooney swatted away Baum’s hand and both dugouts nearly cleared. But luckily smarter heads prevailed as Clemson catcher Chris Okey and others walked Baum back to the Tigers’ dugout, while USC players did the same to Mooney.
This guy is nothing more than a crybaby loser. If you want a laugh follow him on Twitter. It's like watching a 8 year old boy get mad at his mom. Really bad, butthurt loser.
Todd803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 09:06 AM   #32
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1044
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock303 View Post
probably because crybaby jack would have thrown a hissy fit and refused to leave the field seriously he (and his players) cries more than any coach I have ever seen (although Dabo seems to be learning from him).

I thought it was pretty ridiculous that the ump didn't say anything to him for being out there when the ball was still in play, but then to allow him to touch a player and effect the course of the play was an absolutely horrible jobs by the umpire.
Agreed. His presence on the field made the tempers flare more than they would have. Altering the course of the play at home plate was one of the strangest things I've seen allowed in a college or MLB game. Jack leg should be suspended for today's game. He truly has terrible sportsmanship.

Umps have some explaining to do.
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 09:27 AM   #33
John79
Recruit

Male

John79 is learning to peckJohn79 is learning to peck

It all started with the fist pump on the clempson pitcher early in the game , bottom line is we beat them again and lets complete the sweep today. GO COCKS !
Old 03-02-2014, 09:42 AM   #34
usc11
Recruit

Male

usc11 has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by John79 View Post
It all started with the fist pump on the clempson pitcher early in the game , bottom line is we beat them again and lets complete the sweep today. GO COCKS !
I was told by a Clemson friend of mine that he thought it may have all started on Friday when while crossing the plate one of our players elbowed their catcher. I am going to go back today and look for that. I did see the fist pump and that would of fired me up as a player.
usc11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 10:10 AM   #35
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Don't know about spikes, but SPURS UP BOYS, SPURS UP!!!!

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 10:27 AM   #36
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

I personally loved it when Marcus walked in the 9th, he flipped his bat. ;)
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 10:36 AM   #37
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 380
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

Quote:
I was told by a Clemson friend of mine that he thought it may have all started on Friday when while crossing the plate one of our players elbowed their catcher. I am going to go back today and look for that. I did see the fist pump and that would of fired me up as a player.
I saw the catcher bump early on Friday but I think that was as much the catcher being a dbag and not getting out of the runners way as much as it was the runner being chippy. You only see it on a replay after one of the late game runs.

The write obviously has ignored all vine videos that clearly show the runner never touched the third baseman after he shoved him. The clemsux players were just being babies because they were getting their asses beat again. You'd think that they'd be used to it by now.
Old 03-02-2014, 11:50 AM   #38
tomtomusc
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 71000
tomtomusc rules the CockPittomtomusc rules the CockPittomtomusc rules the CockPittomtomusc rules the CockPittomtomusc rules the CockPittomtomusc rules the CockPittomtomusc rules the CockPittomtomusc rules the CockPittomtomusc rules the CockPittomtomusc rules the CockPittomtomusc rules the CockPit

https://scontent-a-atl.xx.fbcdn.net/...67949729_n.jpg

Rendezvous is now on Twitter. Search Gamecockbar
tomtomusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 12:02 PM   #39
bigdog2003
Future Coaching Legend

Male

CockyCash: 999762
bigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockfantd4 View Post
He was asking what kind of ice cream he wanted. The concession stand was about to close.

bigdog2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 12:03 PM   #40
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtomusc View Post
Ah, Slaton had completely blocked the bag. Mooney was just sliding, he didn't lift his leg. Marcus is just playing baseball. Typical Tater crying.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote