CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Sarge

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
Spurrier_Superior_On
18IsTheMan
b381l
Order 66
catdaddy66
Clowneygotcha
gadeneer1986
cockyguitar
NinjaSven
Looking ahead to UGA (3374)
My Observations Abou (2886)
Gurley lined up to t (1568)
Who else wants to se (1451)
Kelcy and Victor Ham (1102)
How far do we fall.. (1096)
Shaq Roland (1055)
I Am Ashamed (1040)
Shon Carson at KR (864)
Time to quit crying. (651)
My Observations About USC
Who else wants to see Con
How far do we fall...
Signee James Thompson arr
Confused fan here. Why i
Looking ahead to UGA
Should be interesting in
I Am Ashamed
Seems like a lot of troll
2015 Commitment - Michael

Old 03-02-2014, 12:14 PM   #41
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material
Default Re: Did anyone see Marcus go in high with his spikes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBatgirl21 View Post
I personally loved it when Marcus walked in the 9th, he flipped his bat. ;)
It didn't look like a flip to me. It looked like a straight toss to the bat person.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 12:18 PM   #42
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc11 View Post
I was told by a Clemson friend of mine that he thought it may have all started on Friday when while crossing the plate one of our players elbowed their catcher. I am going to go back today and look for that. I did see the fist pump and that would of fired me up as a player.
Well, if they are going to base-block, they should expect contact.
Old 03-02-2014, 12:19 PM   #43
COCKYWOOD
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 800
COCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot material

It all makes sense why clemsuck baseball has been regressing. They're playing T Ball. The coach comes onto the field instructing his players and showing them where to throw the ball.WTF?
COCKYWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 12:39 PM   #44
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by COCKYWOOD View Post
It all makes sense why clemsuck baseball has been regressing. They're playing T Ball. The coach comes onto the field instructing his players and showing them where to throw the ball.WTF?
Their entire athletic program is one giant youth group. Dabo and Leggett are handing out the koolaid.
Old 03-02-2014, 12:42 PM   #45
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
It didn't look like a flip to me. It looked like a straight toss to the bat person.
You be the judge:

I was there and from my angle, it did look like a flip but nothing to get so worked up about.
Old 03-02-2014, 12:48 PM   #46
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

Quote:
I was told by a Clemson friend of mine that he thought it may have all started on Friday when while crossing the plate one of our players elbowed their catcher. I am going to go back today and look for that. I did see the fist pump and that would of fired me up as a player.
That has been discussed on the Clemson boards since Friday's game. They
called our player dirty and Classless for elbowing Bulware on that play, but
don't want to discuss anything in regards to Bulware standing in the baseline
blocking homeplate when there was no play at the plate. I've played
enough baseball to know that catchers with their ass on their shoulders
will try to intimidate players by making them go around or through their
legs to touch home on a play like that, and HOPING that the baserunner
will bump or run through them so they can either start a fight and make it
look like the runner initiated it, OR fall over (flop) and get the ump to
toss the runner. ....... Instead, our guy (can't remember who it was)
angled in front of the plate and "Let the catcher know he wasn't going to
be intimidated".

Taters also went on for hours about our guy sliding into the 2nd baseman
in that game, and claimed they were trying to take out their shortstop's
knees. ... Replay showed our runner stayed within the baseline, and slid
at the bag, and the Clemson S/S actually stepped towards the runner
when he tried to turn the DP.
Old 03-02-2014, 01:03 PM   #47
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterClowney View Post
You be the judge:

I was there and from my angle, it did look like a flip but nothing to get so worked up about.
I thought he used two hands, maybe I memory isn't working so well. I don't know if this one picture tells the entire story.

EDIT: I went back and looked at the replay, and he did flip the bat but not in a show-boating way. He was just getting rid of the bat. It was just a reaction to ball four.

Last edited by ReadR00ster; 03-02-2014 at 01:17 PM.
Old 03-02-2014, 01:45 PM   #48
GamecockInHell
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 3462
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

Who cares what they think? The vast majority of tater fans can't even spell clemson.
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 01:49 PM   #49
IHateOrange
I really hate clemson

Male

CockyCash: 590
IHateOrange is USC mascot materialIHateOrange is USC mascot materialIHateOrange is USC mascot materialIHateOrange is USC mascot materialIHateOrange is USC mascot materialIHateOrange is USC mascot materialIHateOrange is USC mascot materialIHateOrange is USC mascot materialIHateOrange is USC mascot materialIHateOrange is USC mascot materialIHateOrange is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to IHateOrange

You get pissed when someone bat flips or pimps a home run... Not on a walk.

TATER HATER 4 LIFE!

Memo to Lane Kiffin: Seven Gamecocks were selected in the 2009 NFL Draft, delaying any possible careers at the gas station.
IHateOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 02:13 PM   #50
Wardkd2012
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 393
Wardkd2012 has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBatgirl21 View Post
I personally loved it when Marcus walked in the 9th, he flipped his bat. ;)
Aside from Greiners grand slam, that was my favorite moment of this series. Coolest bat flip ive seen in a while!
Wardkd2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 02:14 PM   #51
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

Quote:
It was a flip. Batboy was no where near him on the 1B line where it landed.
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 02:20 PM   #52
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 500
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Looks like Baum is just a little bitch.
You are down by 8, and doing what he did won't change the outcome of that.

If he didn't like the aggressive base-running, he should've gotten made at his pitcher for letting him get on base.

I will say, watching on TV, the play at home our guy was out.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 02:29 PM   #53
ctgarric
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 495
ctgarric is learning to peck

I honestly think the Umps let the out at third stand because the wanted to the game to be get over as quickly as possible before things got out of hand.
ctgarric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 02:31 PM   #54
SClawman
Game MVP

Male

SClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot material

Quote:
That was Caldwell. Love that guy.
Old 03-02-2014, 02:51 PM   #55
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post
Looks like Baum is just a little bitch.
You are down by 8, and doing what he did won't change the outcome of that.

If he didn't like the aggressive base-running, he should've gotten made at his pitcher for letting him get on base.

I will say, watching on TV, the play at home our guy was out.
That was the REAL reason they were upset, they didn't like that we kept playing while they were whining to ump about the call they didn't get at the plate.
Old 03-02-2014, 02:58 PM   #56
Rusty2s
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 270
Rusty2s is sharpening his clawsRusty2s is sharpening his clawsRusty2s is sharpening his clawsRusty2s is sharpening his clawsRusty2s is sharpening his claws

Leggett on the field directs his catcher to throw there. What should have been called for that?
Rusty2s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 02:59 PM   #57
Gamecock303
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 95200
Gamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot material

over the years Clemson players have shown a habit of standing in the base line and/or blocking the plate/bag without the ball.

and then they want to act like crybabies any time contact is made when they are in the way.
Gamecock303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 03:01 PM   #58
Gamecock303
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 95200
Gamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty2s View Post
Leggett on the field directs his catcher to throw there. What should have been called for that?
to my understanding he should have been called for interference, not exactly sure what the "penalty" would have been for that but Mooney would have at least been safe at 3rd, if not awarded an extra base.
Gamecock303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 03:10 PM   #59
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterClowney View Post
You be the judge:

Quote:
I thought he used two hands, maybe I memory isn't working so well. I don't know if this one picture tells the entire story.

EDIT: I went back and looked at the replay, and he did flip the bat but not in a show-boating way. He was just getting rid of the bat. It was just a reaction to ball four.
LOL yall can believe what you want to believe, but coming from someone who is around a lot of baseball (not just USC), he was pimpin the heck out of that walk. THats why he flipped the bat toward the Clemson dugout.

If he was just throwing it away he turns and tosses to the USC dugout or lays it at the plate. Something got into Mooney because I also saw a couple pictures that show him going in spikes up. Part of the game, but still gotta expect retaliation.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 03:14 PM   #60
GamecockInPA
1 star but overrated

Male

GamecockInPA has earned his spursGamecockInPA has earned his spursGamecockInPA has earned his spursGamecockInPA has earned his spursGamecockInPA has earned his spursGamecockInPA has earned his spursGamecockInPA has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockInHell View Post
Who cares what they think? The vast majority of tater fans can't even spell clemson.
Well, to be fair, neither can you. It's clem5on.
GamecockInPA is offline   Reply With Quote