CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > iCocky

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Kyle76
WeStillOwnUSC
bcolinc
peterlemon
Cockypantherfan
18IsTheMan
GSC2013
Spurticus
Roosterboy
ccured
The Demise of the 3- (2080)
Pirate Depth Chart (1244)
East Carolina Predic (1129)
Why didn't Wes Green (1012)
who thinks we need a (960)
Did we ever go after (516)
You guys are horribl (473)
A&M on 3rd down (355)
It's the offenses no (327)
Finally Cooled Off (311)
Full Men's 2014-15 Schedu
Pirate Depth Chart
Finally Cooled Off
Wesley Green?
Do we have any shot again
East Carolina Prediction
Carolina opens -15.5
A&M on 3rd down
Past SEC Champions who ha
2014-15 Premier League se

Old 03-01-2014, 10:11 AM   #1
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material
Default Microsoft Reportedly Experimenting With Free Windows 8.1

At free I might switch my laptop over from Ubuntu.

Microsoft is reportedly testing a free version of Windows 8.1, which will come bundled with its Bing search engine.

Creatively titled "Windows with Bing," the software appears to be similar to the standard Windows fare, with the additional built-in search capacity—perhaps best described as a sideways move, since Bing SmartSearch is already included with Windows 8.1, ZDNet pointed out.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2454388,00.asp

Order Of The Spur
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 07:27 PM   #2
taylorssc
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
taylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot material
Default Re: Microsoft Reportedly Experimenting With Free Windows 8.1

How do you like the new Ubuntu?

I like to hack, not in the sense most associate with the term. Just like working with code sometimes. I used to run Linux on a couple older machines, but their driver support for sound and graphics cards was just bad. Mainly due to manufacturers not supporting open source.

Microsoft making this move would do a lot to open up component manufacturers to sharing their code, or updating to include support for open source os's.
taylorssc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 08:01 PM   #3
scfanz
Game MVP

Male

scfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot material

I have windows 8.1 and I hate it. If I would have known exactly what windows 8 was, I would not have bought my laptop.
scfanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 03:57 AM   #4
Gamecockfanatic4
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 4567500
Gamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gamecockfanatic4

Quote:
Originally Posted by scfanz View Post
I have windows 8.1 and I hate it. If I would have known exactly what windows 8 was, I would not have bought my laptop.
if you hate 8.1 I can only imagine what you would have done with original Windows 8 lol

Gamecockfanatic4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 04:07 PM   #5
Captain9Dragons
Forest Grump

Male

CockyCash: 22107959
Captain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by scfanz View Post
i was going to buy an extra laptop for the wifey, until i tried windows 8

we have 8 on one Dell
Old 03-04-2014, 08:45 AM   #6
Flips
Two Deep

Male

Flips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talons

I think 8.1 is one of the better operating systems out there. I think the unfamiliar UI, however, turns a lot of people off. The speed of the search function is fantastic, though. Best improvement, hands down.
Flips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 09:05 AM   #7
Spur's Addiction
Been caught moddin'...

Male

CockyCash: 200
Spur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot material

I have never used Windows 8 or 8.1

From what I hear - "Under the Hood", Windows 8 (8.1) is a significant improvement over Windows 7.

The problem most people seem to have with it is the completely revamped User Interface. I think MS has realized the mistake is backtracking on this as updates get released. I have heard there are 3rd party programs that pretty much change the UI back to more of a Windows 7 style.