CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Sarge

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
taylorssc
El Cid Ranger
GarnetSwarm1990
WeStillOwnUSC
gamecockgal
SC Sandlapper
Gamecocks1137
Acockolypse Now
B-G
eklypised
Interesting quotes f (1919)
Have you ever been s (1166)
Tennessee Offense Br (768)
Key for 2015 defense (603)
Women's Team Ranked (455)
This season and recr (411)
COCKYTALK GOLF OUTIN (378)
Skai Moore out for U (359)
Lebron makes Clevela (311)
SEC Coaches Dress Up (206)
Wallpaper & Backgroun
Women's Team Ranked #2 In
We're going to the NCAA T
Key for 2015 defense
2016 - Jovan Kinlaw
BLACK OUT!!!!!!!
Interesting quotes from D
Gamecockology Helms
Uniforms for Tenn
Tevin Mack SG 6-5, 200 (2

Old 03-03-2014, 08:24 AM   #1
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material
Default The Clemson Feed Production

The Clemson feed on Sunday's game was very sporadic for me. It cut out on a frequent basis during the game. It was worse at the end, probably because the demand on the server were overwhelming the Clemson site. They are not used to SEC baseball fans, and it is probably satisfactory for ACC fans because they are just not as numerous. That is my main complaint.

The broadcast production itself was pretty good. The Clemson announcers were refreshingly good. Their color guy was awesome, offering very frequent on target insights into the game's baseball strategy. On a nice play by the Clemp catcher, Okey, the announcer described how he played the ball and noted that he had his back to the field, "as he should." This kind of simple observation are what made the color commentary excellent.

The announcers also used excellent and appropriate adjectives. For example, I recall one of our players--maybe English--ripped a double over the shallow playing Clemson LF. The announcer said, "that ball was smoked."

The camera angles were also good. Many times they camera was aimed from behind the pitcher, which is where most of your shots should be directed. You can see the ball movement and assess command from that angle.

Finally, the graphics on the screen were good. If you left to run feed your chickens or something, when you got back you could quickly assess the status of the game, score, inning, and even count.

Our color commentators need to improve and offer more insight into the game. In particular, Andy does not seem to have a good grasp of baseball strategy and he often says dumb things. Our graphics and camera work need a major overhaul also. I hope our people were able to watch the Clemson feed and may take some ideas away.

Shaq Attack
yazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 09:02 AM   #2
scfastpitch
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
scfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPit
Default Re: The Clemson Feed Production

I gave up on it after a couple of innings and just listened to our broadcast . It frequently froze up , and when the picture was good the audio was off and on . I tried three different browsers , and it was the same with all of them . They evidently didn't have the bandwidth for the number of people trying to watch .
scfastpitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 09:46 AM   #3
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

You got audio? Wow! I couldn't hear them most of the time and then the feed froze up several times every half inning...I saw English's hit 4 times in a row

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 09:50 AM   #4
jared
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 14402
jared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his comb

I never got a single angle from behind the pitcher? Every pitch was shown from the press box view.
jared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 09:57 AM   #5
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by jared View Post
I never got a single angle from behind the pitcher? Every pitch was shown from the press box view.
Really? I think every pitch I was able to watch was from behind the pitcher.
Old 03-03-2014, 10:05 AM   #6
ucan'tlickourcocks
The "other" M. Lattimore

Male

CockyCash: 627355268
ucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot material

Tigernet Tigersucked!!!!
Old 03-03-2014, 10:11 AM   #7
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

Had the same issue.
I turned it off after half an inning, and turned on 107.5 and listed to it on
the Radio.

To be honest though, it's almost as bad watching a live feed of the Baseball
and Women's basketball games with the USC feed. The freezing up isn't
nearly as bad, but in every game I've watched this season, it looks like
someone keeps throwing buckets of water on the cameras, and the video
keeps "hicupping" and skipping back a few seconds, or moving in fast
foward mode now and then. Not sure what the issue is because the past
few seasons, the streaming video feeds of our games were really good.
NOW. ......... hard to watch the games because of the poor quality
video / audio
Old 03-03-2014, 11:02 AM   #8
FearThethumbandDJ
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1000
FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit

Just like Clemson it was only highly functioning against low competition and didnt finish.
FearThethumbandDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 11:23 AM   #9
Rooster Booster
Pastor of Disaster

Male

Rooster Booster has feathers coming inRooster Booster has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearThethumbandDJ View Post
Just like Clemson it was only highly functioning against low competition and didnt finish.

"To be the man, you gotta beat the man. Wooooo!" - Ric Flair
Rooster Booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 11:29 AM   #10
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

I tried to watch on my tablet during the Nascar race, and it would only go for about 7 seconds before freezing. Beggars can't be choosers I guess...

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 09:04 PM   #11
GamecockInHell
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 3574
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

Mine did freeze a couple of times. And it seemed like the audio only worked when the behind the pitcher camera was on. Then, late in the game it froze for about 10 minutes and I gave up and turned on the radio. It finally came back on and showed the top half of the ninth inning about 10 minutes late. Then it caught up with the bottom of the ninth, but froze again on the last pitch.
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 09:14 PM   #12
behindenemylines
Tater Edumacated

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
behindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockInHell View Post
Mine did freeze a couple of times. And it seemed like the audio only worked when the behind the pitcher camera was on. Then, late in the game it froze for about 10 minutes and I gave up and turned on the radio. It finally came back on and showed the top half of the ninth inning about 10 minutes late. Then it caught up with the bottom of the ninth, but froze again on the last pitch.
Since I am not a techie, I don't really understand, but there had to be a delay in the streaming. I can imagine some student sitting at a server maybe actually at the stadium and seeing that last pitch and saying, "@#$%#$#@$^#$T#!$Y!#$^" then hitting the "End Stream" button so none of the Gamecock fans could see it.

He wasn't very tough, We were just missing tackles. - UGA safety Bacarri Rambo said

Y'all see 246. I see 300. - Latti

The ONLY disability in life is a bad attitude. - Matthew Jeffers
behindenemylines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 09:19 PM   #13
Ballpoint Man
Blue Chip

Male

Ballpoint Man rules the CockPitBallpoint Man rules the CockPitBallpoint Man rules the CockPitBallpoint Man rules the CockPitBallpoint Man rules the CockPitBallpoint Man rules the CockPitBallpoint Man rules the CockPitBallpoint Man rules the CockPitBallpoint Man rules the CockPitBallpoint Man rules the CockPitBallpoint Man rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by yazoo View Post

Our color commentators need to improve and offer more insight into the game. In particular, Andy does not seem to have a good grasp of baseball strategy and he often says dumb things. Our graphics and camera work need a major overhaul also. I hope our people were able to watch the Clemson feed and may take some ideas away.
Is this a common opinion on the forums? I've found Andy to be an excellent analyst, even compared to the majors (I watch a LOT of MLB on MLB.tv). For example, I see his analytical skill far superior to Tommy's, or Todd Ellis (although he lacks Todd Ellis's Elan). Some of the calls from the 2 World Series' were fantastic.

I do agree that the actual video feed itself could be better. More information, such as a running Pitch Count, and a continually shown box score would be appreciated.
Ballpoint Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 08:11 AM   #14
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballpoint Man View Post
Is this a common opinion on the forums? I've found Andy to be an excellent analyst, even compared to the majors (I watch a LOT of MLB on MLB.tv). For example, I see his analytical skill far superior to Tommy's, or Todd Ellis (although he lacks Todd Ellis's Elan). Some of the calls from the 2 World Series' were fantastic.

I do agree that the actual video feed itself could be better. More information, such as a running Pitch Count, and a continually shown box score would be appreciated.
He may be better than Todd or Tommy Moody. That is my complaint. Our Tommy Moody is not getting it done, imo. His color commentary is not nearly as insightful as the Clemson teams.

Andy tends to broadcast by attributing coaching moves, those few he observes, to emotional rather than strategic purposes. Most of Holbrook's decision are driven by strategy. We need more analysis of those thought processes, and we are not getting them right now.

We deserve better on the Tier 3 baseball broadcasts. It is a revenue sport.

Shaq Attack
yazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 10:31 AM   #15
rrsandersjr
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
rrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his comb

I only had sound from certain camera angles during the feed, when it was working, it was a good 4-5 pitches behind our radio broadcast...but it did make it fun in the ninth inning. Their fans and announcers were so excited and I knew that they were getting set up for another disappointment. Clemson feed, free...radio to listen to games in real time $15, looks on their faces in the ninth inning, priceless!
rrsandersjr is offline   Reply With Quote