CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Sarge

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
IBleedGarnetandBlack
The Yancey
peterlemon
18IsTheMan
bcolinc
zcoop
Spurticus
Kyle76
b381l
The Demise of the 3- (2399)
East Carolina Predic (1621)
Why didn't Wes Green (1325)
A&M on 3rd down (691)
You guys are horribl (628)
Finally Cooled Off (580)
louisville (518)
Did we ever go after (517)
It's the offenses no (438)
Watching the Georgia (254)
2015 - Amonte Caban
All of our defensive play
USC vs. Texas A&M Pre
A&M on 3rd down
The Demise of the 3-4
Finally Cooled Off
Uniform thread
Recruiting Question
louisville
Watching the Georgia game

Old 03-03-2014, 07:42 AM   #601
brat
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100500
brat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot material
Default Re: **USC vs. Clemson GAME #3 Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoodrow Wilson View Post
Hi Clark.
Hi.
Old 03-03-2014, 08:19 AM   #602
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 380
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

Are there any video highlights of yesterday's game?
Old 03-03-2014, 08:41 AM   #603
carolinafan53186
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
carolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalli25 View Post

Doubt it. They probably burned the three tape VHS set of the game right after the feed froze
Old 03-03-2014, 09:55 AM   #604
Cocklover
Take Chances

Female

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Non Football Poster 
CockyCash: 1103858
Cocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cocklover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalli25 View Post
I've been asking this same question...I've been looking
Old 03-03-2014, 10:11 AM   #605
scfastpitch
Blue Chip

Male

scfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPit

I notice Clemson has video highlights of their baseball win over PC , but no highlights of any of their games with us . I guess I shouldn't be surprised .
scfastpitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 10:49 AM   #606
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

"Unfortunately it was a 9 inning ballgame today." - Jack Leggett

Oh the irony. I suppose it's better than "If games were 8 innings we would be 5-5."
Old 03-03-2014, 11:04 AM   #607
bcolinc
Blue Chip

Male

bcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudly

I was wondering if their pitcher may have been kin to Dabo the way he was up there cheerleading
Old 03-03-2014, 11:15 AM   #608
ThisMr X
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 200
ThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by scfastpitch View Post
I notice Clemson has video highlights of their baseball win over PC , but no highlights of any of their games with us . I guess I shouldn't be surprised .
that game never happened
Old 03-03-2014, 11:15 AM   #609
SpockCock
Redshirt

Male

CockyCash: 1250
SpockCock is making other chickens nervousSpockCock is making other chickens nervousSpockCock is making other chickens nervousSpockCock is making other chickens nervousSpockCock is making other chickens nervousSpockCock is making other chickens nervousSpockCock is making other chickens nervousSpockCock is making other chickens nervous

A neat 3-picture action shot of Gary's slide into home to tie the game in the 9th:

Tagged!!

Dropped!!!

SAFE!!!!

(Photos by Paul Collins over at GamecockCentral.com)
Old 03-03-2014, 02:59 PM   #610
Lankey62
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 1718
Lankey62 is sharpening his clawsLankey62 is sharpening his clawsLankey62 is sharpening his clawsLankey62 is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpockCock View Post
A neat 3-picture action shot of Gary's slide into home to tie the game in the 9th:

Tagged!!

Dropped!!!

SAFE!!!!

(Photos by Paul Collins over at GamecockCentral.com)
Wow so close to having our hearts broken! It's like that ball was ripped out of the glove by the baseball gods!
Lankey62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 03:18 PM   #611
SterlingBrooks
Lock Down Corner

Male

CockyCash: 180386
SterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot material

Kyle Martin has to get that bat out if the way
Old 03-03-2014, 04:18 PM   #612
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SterlingBrooks View Post
Kyle Martin has to get that bat out if the way
That is only if you can do so without interfering. In this case, unlikely. You had guys rounding to come home and it would have been very difficult to grab it without being in the way. I almost had an ump call the runner out because I went to get the bat like that.
Old 03-03-2014, 04:28 PM   #613
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by scfastpitch View Post
kind of like the mysterious disappearance of the dabo swinney show vs USC. I don't know if they even showed anything other than mcdowell's run.

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 04:44 PM   #614
tekresqguru
USCRugby

Male

CockyCash: 936
tekresqguru is developing his combtekresqguru is developing his combtekresqguru is developing his combtekresqguru is developing his combtekresqguru is developing his combtekresqguru is developing his combtekresqguru is developing his combtekresqguru is developing his combtekresqguru is developing his combtekresqguru is developing his comb

We need a hitler video of that series
Old 03-03-2014, 04:48 PM   #615
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Always fun to read over threads like these and see where people started changing their tunes. Play to the end folks...
Old 03-03-2014, 05:37 PM   #616
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

http://www.tigernet.com/view/blog/plyler.do?id=12522

This blog, in many ways, illustrates the exact problem that they have yet to address.

He writes: "Clemson baseball is proud. This program has been one of the best over the last 50 years. Expectations should be high."

To which I reply: And South Carolina has been better. You can have high expectations all you wish, but when someone is better than you your expectations should probably be tempered a little.

He says: "The bottom line is that Clemson has not played well against the Gamecocks in either sport. (baseball or football) The last two football games has seen turnovers and bad mistakes. The last 10 years of baseball has been filled with errors, bad pitching and runners left on base."

To which I say: It is really hard to know where to start here. First of all, why are you talking about only the last 2 years of football? But even so, look at the constant excuses. "Filled with turnovers and bad mistakes," as if without those you would have been just fine? And then he follows it up with saying the LAST DECADE of baseball was filled with errors, bad pitching and runners left on base. Now how does one go from being one of the best teams in the last 50 years to having a full decade of errors, bad pitching and runners left on base when it mattered most???

But this is the beauty of the whole thing, in refusing to admit what the problem is and resolving to fix it, they just keep wallowing in this idea that they are really better than we are and sooner or later the scoreboard will realize it to. I have said it before, this is an ideal situation for us: we keep winning and they keep ignoring the real problem.

He asks: "how to change the rivalry back in the direction many of us were accustomed to?"

To which I say: There is no going back. Enjoy the ride.
Old 03-03-2014, 06:01 PM   #617
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryarx View Post
It won't be video streaming online. If you go to the site, and go to the game, you can see on the schedule it's listed as audio only. So, if you can't get 107.5 via FM, you can go to the provided link and stream the AUDIO, which will be with Clemson announcers calling the game.
They might as not have streamed it. That was awful.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 06:05 PM   #618
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
http://www.tigernet.com/view/blog/plyler.do?id=12522

This blog, in many ways, illustrates the exact problem that they have yet to address.

He writes: "Clemson baseball is proud. This program has been one of the best over the last 50 years. Expectations should be high."

To which I reply: And South Carolina has been better. You can have high expectations all you wish, but when someone is better than you your expectations should probably be tempered a little.

He says: "The bottom line is that Clemson has not played well against the Gamecocks in either sport. (baseball or football) The last two football games has seen turnovers and bad mistakes. The last 10 years of baseball has been filled with errors, bad pitching and runners left on base."

To which I say: It is really hard to know where to start here. First of all, why are you talking about only the last 2 years of football? But even so, look at the constant excuses. "Filled with turnovers and bad mistakes," as if without those you would have been just fine? And then he follows it up with saying the LAST DECADE of baseball was filled with errors, bad pitching and runners left on base. Now how does one go from being one of the best teams in the last 50 years to having a full decade of errors, bad pitching and runners left on base when it mattered most???

But this is the beauty of the whole thing, in refusing to admit what the problem is and resolving to fix it, they just keep wallowing in this idea that they are really better than we are and sooner or later the scoreboard will realize it to. I have said it before, this is an ideal situation for us: we keep winning and they keep ignoring the real problem.

He asks: "how to change the rivalry back in the direction many of us were accustomed to?"

To which I say: There is no going back. Enjoy the ride.

23 of 31…WOW thats ownage right there. Pure dominance.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote