CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
Roosterboy
thekob
TheUniversityofSC
dixiecock
Bed Sores
markp_vip
Aggie96
JulesWinnfield90
Order 66
Conflict with Aggies (4255)
Skai Moore not start (3326)
Paul Finebaum heaps (2735)
New JK Video Imminen (1892)
Kyle Carpenter to le (1268)
Spurrier on a&m (1233)
Old Footage from WB (831)
Michael Sam Headline (704)
Centerplate CEO, Des (505)
Finbaum Jogs on USC (419)
Finbaum Jogs on USC campu
Official SEC Network and
Conflict with Aggies on t
'13 Mizzou game on SEC Ne
Defensive Backfield
CockyTalk Football Pickem
Interview with Dylan Thom
video card installation h
Skai Moore not starting a
24 Iconic Southern Dishes

Old 03-03-2014, 06:31 PM   #1
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 4445916
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material
Default Entitled teen suing her parents

http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/nj-...201404488.html
Girl is 18. She doesn't want to live by their rules and moved out. Parents kept her car that they paid for and cut off her private school tution. Now she is suing for her unpaid private school tuition and her college fund. She says they tossed her out they say she voluntarily left.

Quote:
“We love our child and miss her. This is terrible. It’s killing me and my wife,” Rachel's father, Sean Canning, a town administrator and retired police officer, tells the Daily Record. “We have a child we want home. We’re not Draconian and now we’re getting hauled into court. She’s demanding that we pay her bills but she doesn’t want to live at home, and she’s saying, ‘I don’t want to live under your rules.’” The rules, he notes, include reconsidering her relationship with a boyfriend who may be a bad influence, being respectful, and abiding by her curfew. He and his wife, Elizabeth, who live in suburban Lincoln Park, about 25 miles outside of New York City, have kept their daughter’s car because they paid for it, says Canning, and he admits that they did stop paying Rachel's tuition at the private Morris Catholic High School. A hearing is scheduled to take place on Tuesday in the Morris County Superior Court.

For months, Rachel — an honor student, cheerleader, and lacrosse player — has been living with the family of her best friend and classmate, Jaime Inglesino, whose father, attorney John Inglesino, is bankrolling Rachel’s lawsuit. He’s also requesting in the lawsuit that the Cannings reimburse him for the legal fees, so far totaling $12,597, according to the paper. \
I am in disbelief. It is their house and their rules. I can't really believe that this is actually going to court. I also believe the lawyer (the father of the friend she is staying with) needs to be smacked upside the head. I do think I would have kept paying her private school tuition though but I would not give her a dime to go to college
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 06:38 PM   #2
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 500
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Entitled teen suing her parents

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccured View Post
http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/nj-...201404488.html
Girl is 18. She doesn't want to live by their rules and moved out. Parents kept her car that they paid for and cut off her private school tution. Now she is suing for her unpaid private school tuition and her college fund. She says they tossed her out they say she voluntarily left.

I am in disbelief. It is their house and their rules. I can't really believe that this is actually going to court. I also believe the lawyer (the father of the friend she is staying with) needs to be smacked upside the head. I do think I would have kept paying her private school tuition though but I would not give her a dime to go to college
That is every lawyer, I am not surprised at this, the judicial system in this country is a complete failure. We especially learned that after the financial crisis.

"Are you a millionaire right now?" 'Nah, not yet. I'm still broke." - Jadeveon Clowney

Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.

Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 07:37 PM   #3
Sir Cuss
Blue Chip

Female

Sir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 View Post
That is every lawyer*, I am not surprised at this, the judicial system in this country is a complete failure. We especially learned that after the financial crisis.
*until you need a lawyer

Sir Cuss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 07:41 PM   #4
spareparts
Insulted Other Member(s)

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

The problem is not lawyers

The problem is the girl.
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 07:56 PM   #5
brat
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100500
brat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot material

If the girls wants to go to court, she should handle the lawyer cost or look for pro bono help.

How ridiculous is it to where you would essentially be paying to have yourself sued?
Old 03-03-2014, 08:12 PM   #6
RGHoskins
I'm Bad. I'm Nationwide!

Male

CockyCash: 26000805
RGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to RGHoskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
The problem is not lawyers

The problem is the girl.
True the girl is a spoiled brat that has a real awakening coming, but isn't this a huge conflict of interest for the attorney?

- Rick H-

Rest in Peace Jaymie, aka Feistyminx and C- Girl.
RGHoskins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 08:20 PM   #7
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Cuss View Post
*until you need a lawyer
True to an extent, but usually you don't need one if you don't do stupid shit.

"Are you a millionaire right now?" 'Nah, not yet. I'm still broke." - Jadeveon Clowney

Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.

Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 08:27 PM   #8
Sir Cuss
Blue Chip

Female

Sir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot material

I understand what you're saying but disagree. Writing a will, interpreting a will, starting a business, get sued, get divorced, etc.

Sir Cuss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 08:53 PM   #9
GamecockMomSC
Sweet Carolina Girl

Female

CockyCash: 101194810
GamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot material

I'm confused as to why she even has a case. It says her parents cut her off financially on her 18th birthday. She's legally an adult, so I don't see how she can force her parents to pay her bills if she doesn't want to follow their rules. If her current private school bill was accumulated before she turned 18, that's different. As to her college fund she wants released, I would think that although that money was intended to be used for her education, it's still her parents' money.
GamecockMomSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 08:55 PM   #10
Spur's Addiction
Been caught moddin'...

Male

CockyCash: 200
Spur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot material

I thought once you turn 18 the parents aren't legally obligated to pay squat.

I doubt this has a chance in court. But you never know.

Spoiled Brat is right.
Old 03-03-2014, 08:56 PM   #11
markymark550
Bowl MVP

Male

markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material

I hope the girl doesn't get a dime. It's a shame that ungrateful brat is doing this to her parents.
markymark550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 08:57 PM   #12
Legalman72
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 19718410
Legalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot material

Lawyers are scum!!!
Legalman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 09:05 PM   #13
Spurrier_Superior_One
Excuse Free Zone

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

Typical rich spoiled suburbanite white girl. This isn't the MTV Real World this is the REAL WORLD.
Old 03-03-2014, 09:18 PM   #14
cockyjordan3
Wofford Terrier

Male

CockyCash: 392442
cockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot material

I bet she can't even.

cockyjordan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 09:26 PM   #15
CockinAthens
Behind enemy lines

Male

CockyCash: 382300
CockinAthens is USC mascot materialCockinAthens is USC mascot materialCockinAthens is USC mascot materialCockinAthens is USC mascot materialCockinAthens is USC mascot materialCockinAthens is USC mascot materialCockinAthens is USC mascot materialCockinAthens is USC mascot materialCockinAthens is USC mascot materialCockinAthens is USC mascot materialCockinAthens is USC mascot material

Her parents are finding out the hard way that you reap what you sow.
Old 03-03-2014, 09:36 PM   #16
Spurrier_Superior_One
Excuse Free Zone

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

^This x10000000

But if you look at it, at what point are you an adult? At 18 you can smoke, buy lottery tickets, vote and join the military. At 21 you can drink alcohol. Now you can remain on your parent's insurance until you are 26. So what is it 18, 21, or 26?
Old 03-03-2014, 09:39 PM   #17
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

This is the toy in question.

#ModForMod
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 10:16 PM   #18
ShutTheSuccop
Go Cocks!

Male

CockyCash: 155567
ShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot material

Probably the first time anyone has told her no....ungrateful does not even describe it

Furthermore, she feels entitled to her parents hard earned money. It is easy for me to cast stones, but why do I get the feeling that the monster that this kid has become could have been prevented with a little more aggressive parenting prior to this situation which led to her leaving?
ShutTheSuccop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 11:53 PM   #19
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

She needs a spanking.

I'm up for it...
Old 03-04-2014, 02:11 AM   #20
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

CockyCash: 219000
GamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
She needs a spanking.

I'm up for it...
Shes too young for you bro.

for willy
GamecockUltimate is offline   Reply With Quote