CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockFighter
rabid cock
SMOTFS86
The Yancey
gocockswyn
bobbycock
Flameout12
ccured
kingoftheroost
Spurticus
**USC vs. Coker GAME (2621)
Bruce!!! (1504)
2014 Subway Classic: (1304)
aTm demolishes Kyle (402)
Cocky at the Duck Co (398)
Ali Hospitalized Wit (286)
movers, furniture do (220)
Deer Hunting 2014 (212)
Streaming nfl games (186)
Happy Winter Solstic (169)
BEST GAMECOCK FOOTBALL PL
Ali Hospitalized With Pne
Bruce!!!
So, why is next year goin
aTm demolishes Kyle Field
**USC vs. Coker GAME Thre
Props to Eric Hyman. Than
2015 Commitment - Quandes
Cocky at the Duck Command
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti

Old 03-03-2014, 06:27 AM   #21
ccured
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 4058916
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material
Default Re: Congrats to Connor Shaw

People here need to chill out. Dude never said it was a ncaa violation. It shows a lot about your character and thoughts when you assume what you believe some one meant. Not gone lie that was my first thought, that's an expensive ring. Didn't think it was a violation though. He is getting ready to get a payday of some kind. Thus easy to get a loan. Or maybe his parents gave him his scholarship fund that was never used because he busted his ass on a football scholarship. Congrats Connor and thanks for the memories. Forever to thee
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 07:28 AM   #22
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccured View Post
He is getting ready to get a payday of some kind.
He's already gotten some....they get paid to do the combines.
And lots of people get loans for engagement rings, not to mention getting help from friends or family.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 10:14 AM   #23
markp_vip
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 6001866
markp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flameout12 View Post
He's already gotten some....they get paid to do the combines.
And lots of people get loans for engagement rings, not to mention getting help from friends or family.
Yep, and I know if I owned a jewelry store I would be like take whichever one you want and pay what you can when you can. Just wish I was in a position to something like that for someone who has done so much for Gamecock Nation. Who even cares how he bought it. Congrats Connor!
Recently the difference between Clemson and Carolina has become clear. While Irrational People Talk About Yesterday, The Rational Ones Orchestrate Success Today. So as they desperately cling to their history, we continue to make history day by day.
markp_vip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 12:04 PM   #24
me4USC
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
me4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot material

nm

Last edited by me4USC; 10-05-2014 at 12:25 AM.
me4USC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 12:31 PM   #25
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by markp_vip View Post
Yep, and I know if I owned a jewelry store I would be like take whichever one you want and pay what you can when you can.
Sure...and it's not uncommon for people to help out with the cost of engagement rings...after all, they are special!
I'm sure the Shaws are exited!
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 12:08 AM   #26
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

How do we know it's not a family heirloom??

Geeze.

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 12:43 AM   #27
BlueHerons
4-Star

Female

BlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his comb

Congrats to Connor Shaw! What a great kid!
BlueHerons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 10:18 AM   #28
JDStud6
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 475
JDStud6 rules the CockPitJDStud6 rules the CockPitJDStud6 rules the CockPitJDStud6 rules the CockPitJDStud6 rules the CockPitJDStud6 rules the CockPitJDStud6 rules the CockPitJDStud6 rules the CockPitJDStud6 rules the CockPitJDStud6 rules the CockPitJDStud6 rules the CockPit

I don't know why we're talking about how he paid for it. It doesn't really matter and doesn't matter what it cost.

With that said, I hope you do realize he's been raking in the cash lately. He has been here in Charleston a few times signing autographs for $20-25 and easily signed 1,000 over 2 days. I'm sure he's doing these in other cities in SC as well. Of course a cut goes to the location and to his agent, but I assure you he's doing well.

JD
JDStud6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 09:55 PM   #29
skhunt84
Recruit

Male

skhunt84 is crowing loudlyskhunt84 is crowing loudlyskhunt84 is crowing loudlyskhunt84 is crowing loudlyskhunt84 is crowing loudlyskhunt84 is crowing loudlyskhunt84 is crowing loudlyskhunt84 is crowing loudlyskhunt84 is crowing loudlyskhunt84 is crowing loudlyskhunt84 is crowing loudly

Connor is first class...strong morals, ethics, and a superb athlete which will soon be in the NFL. Proud he's a Gamecock Alumni.

Last edited by skhunt84; 03-04-2014 at 10:50 PM.
skhunt84 is offline   Reply With Quote