CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
Order 66
l^l^lBGCock
taylorssc
NAGamecockFan
johnnyb
doubledribble
GarnetSwarm1990
QCB
ScottK
So Disappointed With (2790)
Back like cooked cra (1534)
No Comments on the H (850)
Who start on the d l (732)
Google finally gets (471)
lack of production= (377)
NFL: CHARGERS @ BRON (243)
Call of Duty: Advanc (176)
Gameday parking in A (174)
Vote For Cocky (118)
2015 Commitment - Jalen H
BAW
Call of Duty: Advanced Wa
Name a Gamecock
Tennessee game
USC will upset Auburn; Wh
Ranking Top HC jobs in SE
So Disappointed With The
Does South Carolina still
Keeping tailgate food saf

Old 03-03-2014, 11:58 AM   #21
Thundercocks- Ho!
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
Thundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: Pre Spring Depth Chart

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornCocky'86 View Post
WR depth scares me
Remember in 2010 when we had all those bigs and Alshon was the only one that could catch the ball. The others for the most part couldn't even catch a cold. We did okay then. I think we are in better shape now with depth.
Thundercocks- Ho! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 12:34 PM   #22
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material

I was a little surprised to see Jerrell weighing more than Busta. One went up, the other went down. Maybe they will be doing more split out stuff this spring. Both are a cover nightmare for most linebackers because of speed and height. If either can catch away from his body (ala Alshon), he could be a third down terror. You don't need big separation with that length.
Goofyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 12:54 PM   #23
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercocks- Ho! View Post
Remember in 2010 when we had all those bigs and Alshon was the only one that could catch the ball.
Tori...
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 01:30 PM   #24
JoeMorrisonLives
Blue Chip

Male

JoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flameout12 View Post
Tori...
My thoughts exactly, he was shotty in '09 but had decent hands in 2010. And Ace was on campus at that point, wasn't out much but was making catches when he was.
JoeMorrisonLives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 07:52 PM   #25
ZenUSC
Two Deep

Male

ZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPit

We look a little light at RG.
I'm wondering also if Clayton Stadnik can play RG as well as center. Clayton may need to be put on the field somewhere rather than just a backup. Especially if he improves which he will.
Is Naty ready?
ZenUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 08:14 PM   #26
Mikeyk1337
Cocky in Georgia

Male

CockyCash: 200
Mikeyk1337 has feathers coming inMikeyk1337 has feathers coming inMikeyk1337 has feathers coming in

We need some 5 star RB's to come in next year....
Old 03-04-2014, 11:22 AM   #27
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenUSC View Post
We look a little light at RG.
I'm wondering also if Clayton Stadnik can play RG as well as center. Clayton may need to be put on the field somewhere rather than just a backup. Especially if he improves which he will.
Is Naty ready?
Yes Stadnick and Waldrop can both play RG. But Elliot loves Rodgers, I think he ends up with the job for now.

Park may get in the mix too.
Old 03-04-2014, 12:43 PM   #28
bhs04
high motor

Male

bhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his comb

I'd like to see Waldrop at right guard and stadnick at center.
Gets more experience on the field, and I like stadnicks quickness off the snap.

Elliott does seem to like Rodgers though. I think it's cuz of that mean streak he seems to have.

A PICTURE IS WORTH A THOUSAND WORDS.
bhs04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 01:05 PM   #29
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Our offense is loaded, and I think our Defense will be better than people think.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 01:20 PM   #30
Harry Tuttle
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1200
Harry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
Our offense is loaded, and I think our Defense will be better than people think.
I worry about our defense. This will be the first true test for Whammy. Absolutely no star power left over from Ellis. Its his baby now and it is full of unproven youngens.
Old 03-04-2014, 02:04 PM   #31
2four2Gamecock
Stop slow blinking at me

Male

CockyCash: 7700
2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly

I worry about 3rd and long with no Connor Shaw at QB.
2four2Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 02:32 PM   #32
crockcock
Recruit

Male

crockcock has earned his spurscrockcock has earned his spurscrockcock has earned his spurscrockcock has earned his spurscrockcock has earned his spurscrockcock has earned his spurs

I agree with you!
crockcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 02:35 PM   #33
92Pony
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 588
92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2four2Gamecock View Post
AGREED! This is where he was money for us! He bailed us out more times than I can count.
92Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 02:41 PM   #34
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
It will be a lot more interesting this year that is for sure. We will be without our safety net so others must step up and makes plays.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 03:48 PM   #35
Big-Cock
Two Deep

Male

Big-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot material

Well I do remember DT picking up a 1st down with his legs on a 3rd & 19 ...
Big-Cock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 12:33 AM   #36
ZenUSC
Two Deep

Male

ZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Cock View Post
Well I do remember DT picking up a 1st down with his legs on a 3rd & 19 ...
That is what surprised me most about DT is his running ability. DT will also be running on 3rd down. We aren't losing that aspect just because Shaw is gone.
ZenUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 09:00 PM   #37
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
I'm still thinking either TE on a quick in or slant is a winner. Remember Alshon with his size and hands, and Adams is a little faster
plus 3 inches.
Goofyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 09:51 PM   #38
USC843
Recruit

Male

USC843 has feathers coming inUSC843 has feathers coming in

Anyone else betting C Mitch is starting by the end of the year?
USC843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 10:07 PM   #39
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USC843 View Post
Anyone else betting C Mitch is starting by the end of the year?
I'm also betting USC wins the SEC basketball tourney.
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 10:17 PM   #40
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadCockFan View Post
David Johnson 6'1'', 280. Is that muscle or fat? He got huge.
Man I can't wait for this dude to beast out. He needs to make his name early this year and I think he can do it. Super speedy and strong motor.
4gamecockfb is offline   Reply With Quote