CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Sarge

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
ZenUSC
The Yancey
5lbYardcock
18IsTheMan
GH
conwaycock2
garnet_black215
StormOfTalons
ut_vols13
Gamecock football Lo (2135)
Shaw: Check Out This (1975)
Mike Davis "dou (1846)
Gamecocks D staff re (1262)
The Demise of the 3- (1049)
who thinks we need a (960)
Pirate Depth Chart (914)
Past SEC Champions w (659)
Reginald Bowens (629)
Why didn't Wes Green (530)
East Carolina Prediction
The Demise of the 3-4
Past SEC Champions who ha
What's your take on our a
Connor Shaw Browns
SOS Teleconference
Eastern Michigan's Concre
Mike Davis "doubtful
New app: South Carolina G
Pirate Depth Chart

Old 03-03-2014, 09:40 PM   #21
sparkycock
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
sparkycock has hatched from the shell
Default Re: Clate Schmidt

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronamath View Post
I wasnt able to watch the game but was following it, how did what Schmidt was doing differ from what Matt Price used to do?
Matt Price wouldnt have blown the save
sparkycock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 10:15 PM   #22
cockyfreshman2014
now a junior

Male

CockyCash: 500
cockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot materialcockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot materialcockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot materialcockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot materialcockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot materialcockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot materialcockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot materialcockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot materialcockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot materialcockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot materialcockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxcockFL View Post
I didn't get to see him come off the mound in the ninth. Did he jump and chest bump at the end of the ninth?
No, but to be fair he stayed on the field and tried to pump up each of his teammates coming to the dugout with high fives. He was the last one to go back to the dugout. Looked like he was kinda saying "my bad"
cockyfreshman2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 12:19 AM   #23
Singaporecock
Redneck Abroad

Male

CockyCash: 1000500
Singaporecock is USC mascot materialSingaporecock is USC mascot materialSingaporecock is USC mascot materialSingaporecock is USC mascot materialSingaporecock is USC mascot materialSingaporecock is USC mascot materialSingaporecock is USC mascot materialSingaporecock is USC mascot materialSingaporecock is USC mascot materialSingaporecock is USC mascot materialSingaporecock is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Singaporecock

Kip Bouknight hated clemPson more than anyone. He would strike out a player to end the inning, and routinely point into their dugout or something like that walking off the field. He would always get fired up against them!!!
Old 03-04-2014, 10:38 AM   #24
Nureye
Smash and Grab

Male

CockyCash: 415
Nureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singaporecock View Post
Kip Bouknight hated clemPson more than anyone. He would strike out a player to end the inning, and routinely point into their dugout or something like that walking off the field. He would always get fired up against them!!!
And that was a d-bag move too.
Old 03-04-2014, 11:25 AM   #25
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronamath View Post
I wasnt able to watch the game but was following it, how did what Schmidt was doing differ from what Matt Price used to do?
Matt Price wouldn't celebrate like that in the top of the 8th inning with a 2 run lead unless he just got the team out of a bases loaded jam. Another thing is, Matt Price wouldn't have celebrated like that if it was the third game of the series and South Carolina was down two games.

Clate didn't just celebrate the third out, after he picked up the first and second outs he would strut around the mound with his shoulders flexed looking like he just struck out the first and second batters of the 9th inning in a world series game. Im not gonna lie, there is part of me that would have loved to see the celebration put on by Clemson had it won that last game.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 11:40 AM   #26
spareparts
Insulted Other Member(s)

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singaporecock View Post
He used to go completely off. The 2000 regional he was like Joba Chamberlain.

Which was awesome, because he was one of our players and our leader. If it's someone else who's doing it, they suck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nureye View Post
And that was a d-bag move too.
No it's not, because he was one of our players. It's never a "d-bag move" if your players are doing it. Only if the other team does it.
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 12:59 PM   #27
Nureye
Smash and Grab

Male

CockyCash: 415
Nureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by spareparts View Post

Which was awesome, because he was one of our players and our leader. If it's someone else who's doing it, they suck.

No it's not, because he was one of our players. It's never a "d-bag move" if your players are doing it. Only if the other team does it.

I get what you are saying.

But I think Kip is the epitome of "old Carolina". Don't get me wrong. He was a GREAT player. Top 3 pitchers of all time at USC but...

He is the perfect example of the "You gotta be fired up..." and "You gotta hate Clemson to beat them." mentality that we have finally gotten past. And the type of attitude that we are making fun of Clemson and Schmidt about.

At the time, I thought all of those hysterics were great, but looking back it was kind of a joke.
Old 03-04-2014, 01:44 PM   #28
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

Quote:

Hey Spare...remember that time we had Kip come in to close the game and it really ticked JackLegg off???
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 03:02 PM   #29
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Quote:

I don't care who it is, celebrating an 8th inning strike out when you've already lost the series, in a game that means absolutely nothing is ridiculous. I don't care if its Kip or Michael Roth, id say the same thing.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 03:20 PM   #30
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgusc76 View Post
I don't care who it is, celebrating an 8th inning strike out when you've already lost the series, in a game that means absolutely nothing is ridiculous. I don't care if its Kip or Michael Roth, id say the same thing.
I agree with you. It was Bush League.
USCBASEBALL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 03:40 PM   #31
d20636
Haven't seen your acid...

Male

CockyCash: 1360
d20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgusc76 View Post
Unless you're Clemson - you know - the team that dogpiles the mound after winning one game to avoid a sweep (see 2012).
Old 03-04-2014, 03:57 PM   #32
brat
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100500
brat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by d20636 View Post
Unless you're Clemson - you know - the team that dogpiles the mound after winning one game to avoid a sweep (see 2012).
Have no problem after a big play, in an important game, a pitcher doing a fist pump or giving out an almost involuntary shout of "Yeah!" or a high five to someone as you walk off the field. Even then it should be a rare display or emotion, not after each out or inning.

What I do have a problem with if these demonstrations linger on or the pitcher or position player glares at the other team for no viable reason or starts pointing fingers and the like. That is going too far and if the other team or player retaliates in some way, then they get what they deserve. You do not show up the other team or individual players.

Last edited by brat; 03-04-2014 at 05:22 PM.
brat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 04:47 PM   #33
spareparts
Insulted Other Member(s)

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBatgirl21 View Post
Hey Spare...remember that time we had Kip come in to close the game and it really ticked JackLegg off???
I was not present, but I wish I had seen this.
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 04:57 PM   #34
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

Quote:
I was not present, but I wish I had seen this.
It was AWESOME!!!! I thought JackLegg's head was going to explode.

I remember the postgame with Ray talking about how every time he turned around in the dugout, Kip was right on his heels. Ray knew that there was no way that Kip was going to let him out of that dugout without going to the mound.
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote