CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
kingoftheroost
b381l
Gamecocks1137
GoldenSpur7
Cockypantherfan
Yearofthegamecock
ReadR00ster
gamecockgal
Pw00132
garnet_black215
Polls (3415)
Gameday in Columbia (2984)
Gameday Sign Ideas (2731)
Clem5on fans are bes (2004)
Dylan Thompson's pas (1592)
ST coach fired this (1271)
SEC East Race as of (1203)
Let's talk about Mat (999)
Hardest Schedule (979)
UK fans and local sp (812)
Fall Practice
So, um, yeah the NFL over
James Thompson - 6'9"
Defensive personnel quest
Polls
SEC East Race as of 9/21
Rank the SEC starting QBs
Gameday Sign Ideas
Clem5on fans are beside t
Is it possible for our Sp

Old 03-04-2014, 11:10 PM   #1
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit
Default Attention Dish Network Gamecocks

ESPN and Dish Network have come to an agreement on the SEC Network. Dish will carry the new Channel on the "America's top 120+" package and above. Dish customers will also have access to media on the SEC's digital platform, including live events, on their TV, Computer, or Mobile Device.

http://www.gamecocksonline.com/genrel/030414aaa.html

What does this mean for South Carolina Athletics? More and more .

Last edited by uscsandstorm85; 03-05-2014 at 01:56 PM.
uscsandstorm85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 11:32 PM   #2
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 300
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Attention Dish Network Gamecocks

Direct TV better get their crap together.

"Are you a millionaire right now?" 'Nah, not yet. I'm still broke." - Jadeveon Clowney

Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.

Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 11:37 PM   #3
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

Same with Time Warner or Comcast or whatever the hell it's called now
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 11:50 PM   #4
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

Here is the link to let your provider know you want the SEC Network. http://www.getsecnetwork.com/

I am sure most other major TV providers will pick it up now that the first move has been made.

Dish has also come to an agreement with Disney and it's programming. Among other features, Dish customers will now have access to Watch ESPN on their mobile devices.
Old 03-04-2014, 11:59 PM   #5
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgamecocks88 View Post
ComWarner CastTime
Old 03-05-2014, 12:05 AM   #6
TheUSCMike
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 4250
TheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgamecocks88 View Post
Charter
TheUSCMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 12:10 AM   #7
GapoGamecock51
I Put Threadz 2 Sleep

Male

CockyCash: 24873509
GapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to GapoGamecock51 Send a message via Yahoo to GapoGamecock51

Sweet! If I am not mistaken that means that the S.E.C. network will be broadcast into my house.

Gapo
GapoGamecock51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 12:09 PM   #8
highpockets12
Recruit

Male

highpockets12 has earned his spurshighpockets12 has earned his spurshighpockets12 has earned his spurshighpockets12 has earned his spurshighpockets12 has earned his spurshighpockets12 has earned his spurs

The others better get in line ,or get ready to see alot of people go to dat stinkin dish. Iam with Direct, My contract ends ,june .I will jump ship along with thousands of others.
highpockets12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 12:55 PM   #9
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

Thank God! Now I am not obligated to go to a sports bar to see my Gamecocks play aTm.
Old 03-05-2014, 12:57 PM   #10
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

The dominos are falling for sure.
Old 03-05-2014, 01:00 PM   #11
RudeCock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 250000
RudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot material

I'm with Uverse, I'm good.
Old 03-05-2014, 01:01 PM   #12
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

I'm with Dish...finally, a payoff for being with them

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 01:24 PM   #13
B-G
Bowl MVP

Male

B-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPit

Verizon fios' time!
Old 03-05-2014, 06:01 PM   #14
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

I have Dish. I am glad they made this aggressive move. Their subscribers will increase the longer the competitors try to fight with ESPN over their SEC Network pricing.

Shaq Attack
yazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 10:40 PM   #15
jfbreb94
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 615
jfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPit

How good is their dish net service. I really don't like charter
jfbreb94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 10:08 AM   #16
ThisMr X
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 200
ThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfbreb94 View Post
Slightly better than dial up.
Old 03-06-2014, 10:14 AM   #17
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material

Not nearly enough HD channels on Dish for me. I had Dish, but I couldn't believe how many more channels were available in HD with DirecTV.
Old 03-06-2014, 10:45 AM   #18
86 GradCock
7 Year Plan

Male

CockyCash: 1450
86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly

Those of you who were just absorbed into the Comcast media empire, get ready. Over the past 6 months, my cable and internet cost has almost doubled. Then they mailed an advertisement to my home (name and address on the envelope) for their X1 platform. It is far superior to what I have now and about 1/3 cheaper. I called to get signed up for the service and was told it is not available in my area! So, I asked if they would reduce the cost of my inferior package to the same as the X1 package. No. When I asked them why I was specifically targeted for an ad for a service they cannot provide, they did not have an answer. When I asked them if they thought this was good customer service, they were dumbfounded, confused, stammering. I have been a Comcast customer for 24 years. Last week, AT&T began running fiber optic cables in our neighborhood. Uverse is coming and I can't wait!
86 GradCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 11:38 AM   #19
Mr.101
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 21018809
Mr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfbreb94 View Post
Satellite internet has very bad ping (Time it takes to connect to the server)

Download speed is fine, it just takes a long time to connect.
Mr.101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 12:00 PM   #20
usc_yogi
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
usc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.101 View Post
Satellite internet has very bad ping (Time it takes to connect to the server)

Download speed is fine, it just takes a long time to connect.
DishNet also also data caps as well from what I have read, much like you do with a smartphone. Once you reach that limit it is going to cost a good bit.
usc_yogi is offline   Reply With Quote