CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
ReadR00ster
Master Bedroom
RGHoskins
El Cid Ranger
taylorssc
markymark550
Captain9Dragons
BlackMagic84
doubledribble
Fight, win, kick a-- (1308)
The Gator Bowl wants (955)
CFN prediction for a (911)
Why I'm hopeful abou (907)
USC will upset Aubur (779)
A simple defensive l (754)
What happened to thi (687)
In-state QB talent (538)
This is War (399)
SEC Debate: Best can (335)
Texas athletic director:
Why I'm hopeful about Aub
Fight, win, kick a-- addi
Why I think we beat Aubur
In-state QB talent
A simple defensive line &
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Thoughts on the basketbal
USC Picked 12th By SEC Me
Cann tipping plays?

Old 11-07-2013, 09:02 PM   #21
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 - Zack Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockybreeyan View Post
Elliot has got his guys I am not worried. I mean, Stadnik is a backup at center and I'd say he has done fantastic
He doesn't have enough Tackles. He needs about 3 this class. Honestly it would be nice if one of them was a JUCO so they wouldn't need as much development.
ReadR00ster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 09:06 PM   #22
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

I've always thought he need to bring in 3 OL every year.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 09:51 PM   #23
IrishCoach
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
IrishCoach has developed his gaff and talonsIrishCoach has developed his gaff and talonsIrishCoach has developed his gaff and talonsIrishCoach has developed his gaff and talonsIrishCoach has developed his gaff and talonsIrishCoach has developed his gaff and talonsIrishCoach has developed his gaff and talonsIrishCoach has developed his gaff and talonsIrishCoach has developed his gaff and talonsIrishCoach has developed his gaff and talonsIrishCoach has developed his gaff and talons

He was bringing in 5-6 a year recently.

~Dan Gable
IrishCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 11:20 PM   #24
gotrice?
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 5600
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
He doesn't have enough Tackles. He needs about 3 this class. Honestly it would be nice if one of them was a JUCO so they wouldn't need as much development.
Stanley is a prototypical run blocking right tackle. Our big tackle year is this year coming up between the instate talent, legacies, and and random big targets with legit interest in us.
gotrice? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 12:23 AM   #25
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 94340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
This year was different b/c of the few scholarships available, but 3+ is a must for most years. I don't want us to end up like we did in '00 or like uf did this year. We need to have around 14+ scholarship OL on the roster at any given year.

-Abo Swinney, April 23, 2014

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...steve-spurrier
MWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 04:51 PM   #26
cockybreeyan
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
what? That number needs to be 4-5 IMO
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 05:06 PM   #27
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrice? View Post
Stanley is a prototypical run blocking right tackle. Our big tackle year is this year coming up between the instate talent, legacies, and and random big targets with legit interest in us.
Stanley is a guard all the way. Young is the Tackle
ReadR00ster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 12:48 PM   #28
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
I think Rodgers will end up a Tackle. I also think Stanley could be a Tackle after he hits the weight room and gets in top shape.
USCBASEBALL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 12:08 AM   #29
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
USC fans left an impression on junior OL Zack Bailey (6-5 307) of Summerville Saturday. Bailey attended the USC-Clemson game and liked what he saw. “They have a spectacular atmosphere,” he said. “The people and the fans are crazy. USC played well. Their coaches are really nice and it’s in the middle of Columbia so it’s big.” His other two visits this season were to Clemson and Florida State. Bailey liked both programs. “I liked the atmosphere at Clemson,” he said. “The people were really nice and it’s a classy school. FSU was awesome. I went to their spring game. I got to meet their coaches. It’s a peaceful town and they have a nice stadium.” His offers include USC, Clemson, Florida, Florida State, North Carolina, Georgia Tech, Tennessee and The Citadel with interest from Auburn, Georgia and Oregon. “I plan on visiting Auburn and Georgia this off-season,” Bailey said. “I would like to see LSU if I can. I want to check out their facilities.” Though he does not have any favorites, Bailey did say, “I grew up in Washington (state) so I was a big Oregon Ducks fan.”
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...pledge-to-usc/

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 03:04 PM   #30
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 200
4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

got to get this in state o-lineman
4gamecockfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 03:09 PM   #31
Beano Cook
4-Star

Male

Beano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his comb

Since his family just moved here to work for Boeing,not sure how much of a factor being in state will be.However,this certainly is a position of need for 2015 and early playing time is a real possibility.
Beano Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 05:10 PM   #32
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beano Cook View Post
Since his family just moved here to work for Boeing,not sure how much of a factor being in state will be.However,this certainly is a position of need for 2015 and early playing time is a real possibility.
That is one I'm thinking...playing close to his family could be a draw, but I could see this kid going back out west to play ball.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 07:23 PM   #33
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockybreeyan View Post
what? That number needs to be 4-5 IMO
Yea....I think I had a typo....should never have said 3.
Old 01-30-2014, 07:34 PM   #34
ra742002
Game MVP

Male

ra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot material

he loves Oregon!

ra742002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 10:28 PM   #35
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

A must get
4gamecockfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 10:36 PM   #36
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ra742002 View Post
he loves Oregon!
I don't think he's going out West.
Old 03-05-2014, 11:02 PM   #37
rosstheboss
Diehard

Male

CockyCash: 461687660
rosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ra742002 View Post
he loves Oregon!
Every kid loves Oregon. But loving them and wanting to move thousands of miles away are 2 different things.
Old 03-05-2014, 11:04 PM   #38
gotrice?
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 5600
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosstheboss View Post
Every kid loves Oregon. But loving them and wanting to move thousands of miles away are 2 different things.
He is originally from the West Coast so Oregon is a very legit threat here.
gotrice? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 01:07 PM   #39
rosstheboss
Diehard

Male

CockyCash: 461687660
rosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrice? View Post
He is originally from the West Coast so Oregon is a very legit threat here.
Not him specifically but every high school kid loves Oregon. Flashy unis, up tempo offense that scores 60+ pts a game, top notch facilities. They are just too far away to recruit a lot of kids.
Old 03-06-2014, 01:53 PM   #40
JDStud6
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 475
JDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudly

This kid is all cl3ms5n

JD
JDStud6 is offline   Reply With Quote