CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
kingoftheroost
Badazcock
thekob
cockfight21
ChickenButt
Ericvol2096
Cockypantherfan
GSC2013
gadeneer1986
Four UK Players Susp (1732)
400 pasing yards (705)
Nosovitch (689)
This program has no (583)
Funny? (553)
What fish do you eat (391)
KY Suspends 4 Player (384)
Zone Read Analysis w (363)
Thompson Has Neck In (298)
Would You Accept Lam (273)
HBC Weekly Presser
One dimensional QB
Funny?
Middle-Earth: Shadow of M
Bad Week For Upstate Coac
Thoughts on the basketbal
Zone Read Analysis w/ 201
10-2
Maty Mauk tries to take o
What fish do you eat

Old 02-26-2014, 03:58 PM   #81
usc90grad
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 420000
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad
Default Re: The case for Clowney at #1

Rumor is Houston is seriously considering taking him. Said his combine + interview were awesome. Could be a smokescreen, but doubt it....
usc90grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 04:04 PM   #82
Harry Tuttle
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 1200
Harry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervous

Houston is going to pick up Mccown from Chicago and CLowney #1.
Old 02-26-2014, 04:41 PM   #83
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by PageUSC View Post
I agree. I think they are better off taking Clowney and sticking with Schaub or going after Cousins or Mallett or McCown
Agree....it looks obvious to me...but strange things happen during the NFL draft.

I think Houston would be smart to look hard at what Seattle did.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 11:52 AM   #84
Beano Cook
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
Beano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his comb

As strange as it may seem , I see a comparison with Clowney and Deion Sanders.Both players basically took away half the opponents field and had the opposition plan their whole offensive strategy around limiting his impact.Also because teams stayed away from Deion his stats suffered.In 8 of Deion's seasons he had 3 or fewer interceptions just as Clowney's sack total this past year was low.The people downplaying JD's production just weren't watching him this past season.I haven't heard a single person who actually took the time to study the film say anything other than Clowney is a once in 10 years talent and will be dominant at the other level.
Beano Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 02:28 PM   #85
smoovecock
The Gamecock Pimps Daddy

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Homecoming King 
smoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot material

If I am a GM of a NFL team that has a chance to get Clowney on the first pick Im doing it period...I my superiors didn't want to get him I would make sure to make it public and have it documented that it wasn't my idea not to take him...
Old 03-06-2014, 03:33 PM   #86
gamecockphan
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 2200
gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material

Looks like Cassel to Texans might happen. O'Brien has worked with him in the past, but not as his direct coach. O'Brien was the WR coac hat the time in NE. Just doesn't seem like much of an upgrade from Schaub.

If that deal happens then I guess it comes down to Clowney or Robinson if Houston opts for a LT.
gamecockphan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 03:38 PM   #87
B-G
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
B-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPit

I just see a huge bust in Robinson.

Kind if like a Jason Smith or Andre Smith.

I would prefer Matthews or Lewan, closer to Jake Long or Joe Thomas.
Old 03-06-2014, 03:54 PM   #88
ScottK
Blue Chip

Male

ScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his comb

McShay has Bortles #1 and Clowney #2 now.
ScottK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 04:09 PM   #89
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material

Few QB's are near ready to be difference-makers in less than 2-3 years. Clowney and Watt on the edges make dropback passing risky, not just from sacks, but from hurried throws. Defense can often win against juggernaut offenses - ask Seattle fans. Clowney as a forward blocker on punts is a mind blower with his size and quickness. I'm appalled we didn't use him ala Ingram. Clowney is great on backside rundowns on running plays also. Although I'd like to see him in Atlanta, the Texans should grab the chance.
Goofyboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 04:51 PM   #90
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofyboy View Post
Few QB's are near ready to be difference-makers in less than 2-3 years.
And 2-3 years is something Houston needs to be realistic about. In the mean time, having an elite defense can possibly get them into the playoffs a lot sooner.
I just don't see a QB in the draft worth losing Jadeveon over.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 05:05 PM   #91
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

There's a 30 for 30 in the future about this draft regardless of where he goes.
gamecock88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 05:48 PM   #92
Thenardier
Banned

Male

Thenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-G View Post
I just see a huge bust in Robinson.

Kind if like a Jason Smith or Andre Smith.

I would prefer Matthews or Lewan, closer to Jake Long or Joe Thomas.
Robinson is a beast, he'll be a franchise LT.
Thenardier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 05:56 PM   #93
Rebel4ever
Banned

Male

Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material

I don't like McShay but his new draft has Bortles to Texans and Clowney to Rams at 2 and it seems Bill O is leaning QB so I think this might happen. I think it's a mistake to pass on Clowney cause I'm not sold on Bortles as a 1 but they need a QB. Just think of the defenses in the NFC West if Clowney goes to Rams who have a good d line now. Seahawks, 49ers, Cardinals, and Rams all would make up the best defensive division in the NFL.
Rebel4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 05:58 PM   #94
B-G
Bowl MVP

Male

B-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenardier View Post
Robinson is a beast, he'll be a franchise LT.
Eh. Agree to disagree.

And I'm not really going to take your opinion.
You're a pretty big homer.

I think Robinson is a combine beast, but will bust in the NFL, and won't be nearly as successful as his draft spot says. (like Jason Smith)
Old 03-06-2014, 05:59 PM   #95
Rebel4ever
Banned

Male

Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material

I'd trade the pick if I were Houston and get future multiple 1 and 2 round picks for Clowney to a team that really wants Clowney.
Rebel4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 09:10 PM   #96
B-G
Bowl MVP

Male

Minnesota ending up re-signing Cassell.
Old 03-11-2014, 09:16 PM   #97
3MTA3
Game MVP

Male

3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel4ever View Post
I'd trade the pick if I were Houston and get future multiple 1 and 2 round picks for Clowney to a team that really wants Clowney.

Agreed. This would be their best move.
3MTA3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 09:26 PM   #98
GamecockInHell
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 3574
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

There are a lot of decent QBs in this draft. And I think with the Texans defense (with the addition of Clowney) all they need is a decent QB. If they wait until the second round there should be several still around including Metzenberg and Erin Murray.
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 12:34 AM   #99
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material
Default The case for Clowney at #1

If I'm the Texans I'm going to grab Josh Mccown from Chicago and draft Clowney as #1. Why waste on a player like Clowney for a QB who you don't know is league material. Go with what you know will work and get a somewhat proven QB.
Old 03-16-2014, 02:32 AM   #100
KaneisAble
Bowl MVP

Male

KaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot material

Mel Kiper now saying Khalil Mack #1 to Houston.

Khalil Mack. From Buffalo.

From the University of Buffalo. Who faced single coverage all year against MAC O-Line.

Mel Kiper is an F-ing moron.
KaneisAble is online now   Reply With Quote