CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Fowl Shots

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
taylorssc
ZenUSC
pitchcock
cockybusiness2
LeeSC
COCKYTALKIN
SCohioBoy
Cockypantherfan
gadeneer1986
Waldrop doubtful for (1452)
We Have A New KO Guy (1303)
If we loose to Kensu (1192)
The New Idea That'll (978)
I'm over the loss, b (610)
Why not Nosovich @ T (417)
Optimism? Week 1-4 o (382)
So What? (353)
Land For Sale (254)
Ole Miss football pr (233)
We Have A New KO Guy
OSU Coach Takes Down Disr
HBC Weekly Presser
Win at Ky
KY Suspends 4 Players for
Thoughts on the basketbal
Why not Nosovich @ TE?
How to get USC vs KY Stre
UK promoting a blackout f
If we loose to Kensucky..

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2014, 06:30 PM   #21
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material
Default Re: Frank Martin has been Suspended 1 Game...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latti View Post
I like frank but I'm surprised he has never been punched in the teeth by a player.
Oh, like that would be okay? THAT'S ABUSE, "verbal abuse," is nothing more than crap you don't like hearing.
Old 03-06-2014, 06:32 PM   #22
ipull4usc
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
ipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPit

There is a line. Frank regularly crosses it. He crossed it earlier this year and had to apologize for his conduct. He crossed it again two nights ago.

There's a difference between demanding effort/holding your players accountable and acting like a psychopath.

-- George Burns
Old 03-06-2014, 06:32 PM   #23
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpingamecock View Post
Or we could just keep our coach, and let him turn us into a winner. Took Marshall 3 years to have a winning record at W. St. Made it to the NCAA's in his 5th. These things take time.

NAh, they'd rather run him off right now. They don't like they way he talks. He doesn't deserve a chance because of the way he talks.
Old 03-06-2014, 06:32 PM   #24
Gyle41386
Explosivo

Male

CockyCash: 1450
Gyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gyle41386 Send a message via Yahoo to Gyle41386

Savvy move by Martin, excusing himself from a trip to Starkville to watch a 4-13 team play a 3-14 team.
Old 03-06-2014, 06:32 PM   #25
rosstheboss
Diehard

Male

CockyCash: 461687660
rosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmc467 View Post
If the tv cameras didn't pick this up, nothing would have happened.

Some boosters probably got upset, and Ray's hand was forced.
This! He's been doing this all year but the cameras finally got a clear view. Can you imagine the stuff said on the football field that cameras never pick up? Not an appropriate way to talk to any player but to pretend that he is the only coach at our university, much less the rest of the country that has/will do this is naive.
Old 03-06-2014, 06:33 PM   #26
Latti
Uscooper

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Latti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
Oh, like that would be okay? THAT'S ABUSE, "verbal abuse," is nothing more than crap you don't like hearing.

Where did I say it was. I just said I'm surprised he hasn't.

Call it a wuss if you want, there is a difference between getting your point across and making it personal. I've been cussed out by a coach and promptly laid someone out on the next play in football. There is a method to their madness I know this.
Old 03-06-2014, 06:33 PM   #27
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

I'm okay with the "Answer the F#$ing question!" , but calling a player a dumbass definitely crossed the line. And yes I understand how things can get heated and you don't always think straight when mad, but as a leader of a group of college kids he needs to show more respect. Lead by example.
Old 03-06-2014, 06:36 PM   #28
davidmc467
Little Engine That Could

Male

davidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot material

I knew there'd be a culture clash with Frank Martin and our fanbase.

If we lose Frank, it'll set our program back even further.
Old 03-06-2014, 06:37 PM   #29
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipull4usc View Post
There is a line. Frank regularly crosses it. He crossed it earlier this year and had to apologize for his conduct. He crossed it again two nights ago.

There's a difference between demanding effort/holding your players accountable and acting like a psychopath.
Well he is going to keep crossing it, because that is how is has always been. It's who we hired. So who more psychotic? They guy who acts like a pyschopath, or the guy that hires a known pyschopath and then goes crazy whey he acts like a psychopath?
Old 03-06-2014, 06:38 PM   #30
cockyguitar
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 100500
cockyguitar is crowing loudlycockyguitar is crowing loudlycockyguitar is crowing loudlycockyguitar is crowing loudlycockyguitar is crowing loudlycockyguitar is crowing loudlycockyguitar is crowing loudlycockyguitar is crowing loudlycockyguitar is crowing loudlycockyguitar is crowing loudlycockyguitar is crowing loudly

I don't like cussing in general, but it is what it is, even though I think he took it too far. It happens in sports though, nothing you can do about it.
Old 03-06-2014, 06:39 PM   #31
Latti
Uscooper

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Latti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudly

Quote:

Where did I say it was. I just said I'm surprised he hasn't.

Call it a wuss if you want, there is a difference between getting your point across and making it personal. I've been cussed out by a coach and promptly laid someone out on the next play in football. There is a method to their madness I know this.
Old 03-06-2014, 06:39 PM   #32
kabercr2
Blue Chip

Male

kabercr2 is sharpening his clawskabercr2 is sharpening his clawskabercr2 is sharpening his clawskabercr2 is sharpening his clawskabercr2 is sharpening his claws

Was Tanner already the AD when we hired Frank?
Old 03-06-2014, 06:40 PM   #33
StretfordEnd
TURNT UP IN SECTION 18

Male

StretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his comb

I could care less what he says or who he says it to. IMO, CFM is the winner here. He gets to miss a trip to Starkville, Mississippi.
Old 03-06-2014, 06:41 PM   #34
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosstheboss View Post
This! He's been doing this all year but the cameras finally got a clear view. Can you imagine the stuff said on the football field that cameras never pick up? Not an appropriate way to talk to any player but to pretend that he is the only coach at our university, much less the rest of the country that has/will do this is naive.
This is what I am saying. They are running him off. Someone needs to confront these @*shole Boosters and demand they answer some ****ing questions!
Old 03-06-2014, 06:41 PM   #35
SCohioBoy
Game MVP

Male

SCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabercr2 View Post
No
Old 03-06-2014, 06:41 PM   #36
ipull4usc
Two Deep

Male

ipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPit

Quote:
Well he is going to keep crossing it, because that is how is has always been. It's who we hired. So who more psychotic? They guy who acts like a pyschopath, or the guy that hires a known pyschopath and then goes crazy whey he acts like a psychopath?
So we should excuse any and all behavior because "That's just Frank"?

-- George Burns
Old 03-06-2014, 06:41 PM   #37
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmc467 View Post
I knew there'd be a culture clash with Frank Martin and our fanbase.

If we lose Frank, it'll set our program back even further.
I agree, if they fire Frank I will not be attending any more games.
Old 03-06-2014, 06:41 PM   #38
CurryStorm
Milk Duds

Male

CockyCash: 20200
CurryStorm is USC mascot materialCurryStorm is USC mascot materialCurryStorm is USC mascot materialCurryStorm is USC mascot materialCurryStorm is USC mascot materialCurryStorm is USC mascot materialCurryStorm is USC mascot materialCurryStorm is USC mascot materialCurryStorm is USC mascot materialCurryStorm is USC mascot materialCurryStorm is USC mascot material

Quote:
Ray Tanner didn't hire Martin, Eric Hyman did.
Old 03-06-2014, 06:42 PM   #39
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
DOESN'T MATTER! He should know who he has working under him. It didn't matter when Hyman hired. He is the best we could get! THAT IS ALL THAT MATTERS.
Old 03-06-2014, 06:42 PM   #40
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

CockyCash: 219000
GamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot material

Ugh, boo hoo, notice dont turn the f%*#ing ball overr and you wont get yelled at

for willy
Closed Thread