CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Fowl Shots

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
spareparts
Acockolypse Now
Lonnie
Spurticus
COCKYTALKIN
elcid99
sporkgod50
BiggerLSUfan
markp_vip
Gamecocks1137
Gamecocks (-10.5) vs (1149)
Ranking the Opposing (1009)
Not a Rival.. (760)
Gamecock Coaches as (576)
help with army insig (410)
NCAA Football 15 (352)
Hello Gamecocks! (280)
COCKYTALK ONE HIT WO (242)
I'm a grand godfathe (240)
George Miller revisi (214)
Not a Rival..
Ced Cooper's 40 Time
Clemson Recruiting...how
Gamecock Coaches as Recru
Jay Paterno Attempts To R
NCAA Football 15
2016 Commitment - Kyle Da
2015 - Mon Denson
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Green and Lammons

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2014, 03:19 PM   #361
Woody7687
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
Woody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: Frank Martin has been Suspended 1 Game...

****IN ASSHOLLES!!!! LOL its Friday who cares sticks and stones blah blah blah... This shouldnt be an issue. But of course its an issue here, way to go
Old 03-07-2014, 03:27 PM   #362
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

It will be interesting to hear what he has to say.
Old 03-07-2014, 03:39 PM   #363
rioninusc
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 555
rioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C. View Post
What other coaches get up in their players faces every cussing them ...
Uhh read who he was responding to baitandswitch, and you would see. Here's a hint the big fish is Coach K. This is nothing new with Martin, he's been doing it since his days at K State. If he had this team at 20 wins this season people would be like heck yeah keep on winning Frank Martin. This wouldn't even be a headline. Coach K and others get away with it because they are winning.

Last edited by rioninusc; 03-07-2014 at 03:54 PM.
Old 03-07-2014, 03:45 PM   #364
SR4-AJ1
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 9708333
SR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talons

My opinion on this is the kids and every fan knew his personality on the court before we hired him and before the players signed on to play for him. I don't understand wtf everybody is getting up in arms about. If we were in the top 25 and winning and he did this nobody would care in the least bit. He needs to dig in these kids a$$. We have been terrible for quite awhile now. He has this program heading in the right direction. If horn was still here we would never have gotten Sin, peak wouldn't have even thought about us at all etc.. The fans complaining about this can have horn and our crappy program back or have a passionate fired up Martin actually trying to move this program forward. If the players on still on his side why is it any of the fans business anyway. Rant over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-07-2014, 03:55 PM   #365
B-G
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
B-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C. View Post
What other coaches get up in their players faces every cussing them ...
Poster above spelled it out for you.

Wasn't that difficult to understand .

Not too shocking though.
Old 03-07-2014, 04:04 PM   #366
ERNIET
GAMECOCK 43

Male

CockyCash: 740
ERNIET is making other chickens nervousERNIET is making other chickens nervousERNIET is making other chickens nervousERNIET is making other chickens nervousERNIET is making other chickens nervousERNIET is making other chickens nervousERNIET is making other chickens nervousERNIET is making other chickens nervous

He needs to get on some medicine that will calm him down a little. That being said, he will turn this program around if we let him. The world and the news media is not the same as it used to be. Gotta watch what you say, or you will offend someone. There are a lot of things in the workplace that you can't do now, that were not a problem 10 years ago.
Old 03-07-2014, 04:04 PM   #367
Flameout12
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBatgirl21 View Post
I couldn't care less what other Universities do to their coaches who cross the same line. I care how we handle it, and Ray handled it correctly, IMO.
Old 03-07-2014, 04:14 PM   #368
LBC
2nd Team All-American

Male

LBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot material

I love it...we are 11-19 and down by almost 30 and all our coach has to offer is...'Stop getting beat by 30 you ****ing assholes or I'll call you ****ing assholes again!!!' and people think he is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

That's almost as funny as this idea that if you don't embrace this kind of embarrassing nonsense you are a pussy.
Old 03-07-2014, 04:19 PM   #369
rioninusc
Two Deep

Male

rioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-G View Post
Poster above spelled it out for you.

Wasn't that difficult to understand .

Not too shocking though.
He could have baitandswitch on ignore, so might be best to spell it out for him. :)
Old 03-07-2014, 04:21 PM   #370
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalCock View Post
It will be interesting to hear what he has to say.
Looks like he's in full on apologetic and consolation mode...

Old 03-07-2014, 04:25 PM   #371
spareparts
Insulted Other Member(s)

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by rioninusc View Post
Uhh read who he was responding to baitandswitch, and you would see. Here's a hint the big fish is Coach K. This is nothing new with Martin, he's been doing it since his days at K State. If he had this team at 20 wins this season people would be like heck yeah keep on winning Frank Martin. This wouldn't even be a headline. Coach K and others get away with it because they are winning.
You have absofrickiutely no clue what you're talking about

But at least it's entertaining to read!
Old 03-07-2014, 04:25 PM   #372
Barry_gamecock
Average a post a day

Male

CockyCash: 327
Barry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot material

Cussing at a player about his actions is one thing. Personally attacking, i.e. name calling, is childish emotionally stunted behavior for a grown man. "Get your butt in gear" is very different than "You are a butt". Its not about cuss words or no cuss words. This is not to say Frank doesn't care about his players. This is just one aspect of his personality but he needs to learn and grow.
Old 03-07-2014, 04:25 PM   #373
GamecockSuperFan
Run the damn ball

Male

CockyCash: 200
GamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot material

I like the intensity. Same fire he had at KSU. We're playing the #1 team in the country down 10. He wants to win badly. The players do too, but you can tell he wants to win 110% more than they do.
Old 03-07-2014, 04:36 PM   #374
rioninusc
Two Deep

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBC View Post
I love it...we are 11-19 and down by almost 30 and all our coach has to offer is...'Stop getting beat by 30 you ****ing assholes or I'll call you ****ing assholes again!!!' and people think he is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

That's almost as funny as this idea that if you don't embrace this kind of embarrassing nonsense you are a pussy.
No most of us are surprised people are reacting like this, when this coach and some other coaches named Coach K and Huggins have been doing this since they started coaching, that is what is funny. No one has said he's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

If this is Tanner doing this, and will not tolerate FM actions on the court, if FM can't change I do believe he will be let go, or will resign. Regardless if he starts winning. I think if/when FM gets some players that does what he wants the flare ups will die down. Life is a lot less stressful when things are going your way.
Old 03-07-2014, 04:44 PM   #375
rioninusc
Two Deep

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
You have absofrickiutely no clue what you're talking about

But at least it's entertaining to read!
Thanks for adding to the discussion. You will make a great politician one day. Your short thought out responses are as fulfilling as a single potato chip. So if it isn't too hard for you to do instead of resorting to post that add nothing but filler to any discussion, back up your post, how do I have no clue what i'm talking about?
Old 03-07-2014, 04:59 PM   #376
LBC
2nd Team All-American

Male

LBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot material

Quote:
No most of us are surprised people are reacting like this, when this coach and some other coaches named Coach K and Huggins have been doing this since they started coaching, that is what is funny. No one has said he's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

If this is Tanner doing this, and will not tolerate FM actions on the court, if FM can't change I do believe he will be let go, or will resign. Regardless if he starts winning. I think if/when FM gets some players that does what he wants the flare ups will die down. Life is a lot less stressful when things are going your way.
What about Bob Huggins would any grown man aspire to be like?
Old 03-07-2014, 05:30 PM   #377
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 5955916
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Coach K does not demean his players. Everyone that says that has no idea what they are talking about. Does he have a foul mouth absolutely. He would not have said answer the fn question ahole. He would have said I said fn answer the fn question duane can you not fn hear me. Would not have called him an ahole or an mfer. Jay Bilas was not the only former player to say this. It is not about the language it is about crossing a line
Old 03-07-2014, 05:45 PM   #378
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 675600
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

We knew what type of intense coach we were hiring when we hired Martin. The 1 game suspension is fine with me, but I'd much rather have a coach with fire in him then the laid back coaches without a pulse we've had in the past (Odom, Felton, etc.)

We have sucked for 30+ years in basketball. If you want to stay living in suck land, then hire a mediocre, nice guy coach who will kiss babies and walk old women across the street.

Geez, I bet some people on here would have stroked out if they were Indiana fans when Bobby Knight threw a chair.
Old 03-07-2014, 05:53 PM   #379
rioninusc
Two Deep

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBC View Post
What about Bob Huggins would any grown man aspire to be like?
Shouldn't of used other coaches as examples. The main point this is what Frank martin has been since he's been coaching. I guarantee you that we probably wont see this as often if he starts winning more. The thing about losing and winning is when you lose you try to find any fault with the problems on the field, when you win any of the problems wont get mentioned. I got a question for you, do you think this happens if USC had 20+ wins and they upset UK, as well as UF in back to back games?
Old 03-07-2014, 06:29 PM   #380
cockyva
Walk On

Male

cockyva has hatched from the shell

Quote:
No most of us are surprised people are reacting like this, when this coach and some other coaches named Coach K and Huggins have been doing this since they started coaching.
u still dont get it. it isnt about the language he uses..the guy has been doing that since day one and has been good.

its about the personal attacks and his choice of words. coach k curses like a sailor..what he doesnt do is make it personal with a player..jay bilas confirmed he curses but doesnt embarrass a player personally..

and tanner was tough and had it out sometimes with the team..he didnt however call his llayers out personally with foul language.
Closed Thread