CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Other Gamecock Sports

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ucan'tlickourcocks
b381l
ReadR00ster
Badazcock
Gamecocks1137
cocksmith1or11
Gamecockswag
Regalcock
conwaycock2
kingofnerf
ESPN Game Day Commen (986)
Simple "yes&quo (929)
The Comeback & T (705)
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (685)
Phil Steele just pre (613)
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLIN (483)
Bashing Players, coa (465)
TeMarcus Blanton (452)
Garcia: Change the R (400)
Wallpaper & Back (212)
Phil Steele just predicte
Name a Gamecock
ESPN Game Day Comments Re
**USC vs. Auburn GAME Thr
2016 - Avery McCall
2015 Commitment - Lorenzo
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Garcia: Change the Rules
Rank the QBs under Spurri
Ranking Top HC jobs in SE

Old 02-28-2014, 09:35 PM   #61
OldPat
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
OldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot material
Default Re: New Softball thread - Louisville Slugger Classic

Ball State wins 10-9.
OldPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 09:21 AM   #62
scfastpitch
Blue Chip

Male

scfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPit

Seven walks and three errors vs Ball State . We can't beat a decent team doing that . Our pitchers are going to get hit some from time-to-time . We can't afford to be giving too many free base runners . If anyone listened to the broadcast , did they say what's wrong with Ashlyn Masters ? I don't think she played in either game Friday . Would expect her to be in there at 2b or dp if she's healthy . Also , I notice that Ashlyn's sister Lauren pinch hit for Snaer and hit a home run . Snaer has been struggling lately but I wonder if she might be hurt or something .
scfastpitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 07:05 PM   #63
Gamecock#22
Walk On

Male

Gamecock#22 has hatched from the shell

Ashlyn Masters was sick and had to receive doctor's care along with Iv fluids. Over half them team was very sick during the night after the ASU win. Two gamecocks are still very ill and will not play today. Julie Sarratt was also really sick yesterday. I am sure it affected her performance. The team felt like they should have won both those games yesterday.
Gamecock#22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 08:11 PM   #64
scfastpitch
Blue Chip

Male

scfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock#22 View Post
Ashlyn Masters was sick and had to receive doctor's care along with Iv fluids. Over half them team was very sick during the night after the ASU win. Two gamecocks are still very ill and will not play today. Julie Sarratt was also really sick yesterday. I am sure it affected her performance. The team felt like they should have won both those games yesterday.
Thanks for the info . Is Alaynie feeling ok ?
Old 03-01-2014, 08:43 PM   #65
FlorenceCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1200000
FlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot material

Did we even play Detroit today?
Old 03-01-2014, 09:15 PM   #66
scfastpitch
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceCock View Post
Did we even play Detroit today?
No . Bad weather . Rescheduled to play Florida International . That game has been interrupted by more bad weather .
Old 03-01-2014, 10:07 PM   #67
scfastpitch
Blue Chip

Male

FIU game has now been cancelled .
Old 03-02-2014, 11:36 AM   #68
scfastpitch
Blue Chip

Male

Tough trip . Started out good with the win over ASU . Then a bunch of girls get sick and they lose two on the second day . And the third day is washed out . Thunderstorms in Arizona ? Top it all off with a late flight back . Assistant coach Lisa Navas tweet from earlier this morning .

https://twitter.com/DiamondNavas/sta...466112/photo/1
Old 03-04-2014, 01:13 PM   #69
OldPat
Blue Chip

Male

OldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot material

After last Thursday’s win against #3 ASU, life unexpectedly decided to teach our Ladies one of its’ lessons, and how they respond may well determine the success of their season. Don’t know that I even care what the ‘Bama scores are this weekend as long as I can tell our Ladies have learned their lesson.

Those two games last Friday reminded me of a firefight in Nam back in the day – Bullets flying everywhere, guys falling, screams of agony filling the air. As my body slowly begins to fail, I know I must one day soon ask one of my sons to trip me to Washington so I can say goodbye to the BFF’s any man ever had. Tho the Wall is calling me like never before, for now ,at least, I’m avoiding that trip like the plague.

Ladies, softball is a microcosm of the game of life. When next you gather in your foxhole(dugout) in preparation for your next battle(game) against those who would do you harm(Bama), take a look around, see the faces of some of the BFF’s you’ll ever have, and, unlike me, show & tell them how much they mean to you while they’re still alive.
Old 03-04-2014, 06:15 PM   #70
FlorenceCock
1st Team All-American

Male

FlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot material

Did they postpone the game today simply because it was cold?
Old 03-04-2014, 09:26 PM   #71
scfastpitch
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceCock View Post
Did they postpone the game today simply because it was cold?
They didn't say . Hope everyone has recovered from whatever made them sick over the weekend .
Old 03-07-2014, 06:30 PM   #72
OldPat
Blue Chip

Male

Somewhere laying around the house is my most prized possession - a dog-eared 35 year-old picture book. It's a compendium of the greatest hitters who ever played pictured in mid-swing. When comparing those photos the differences between them are striking, but even more amazing is the common thread that made them all Hall-of-Famers.

A look of intensity on their faces the likes of which I haven't seen since I left Viet Nam, eyes wide open almost staring a hole thru the object of their desire - a white blur about 15 inches in front of home plate.

Ladies, when you position yourselves in the box this PM, remember to do what they did: Keep your head down, your eyes glued to the prize, crush it & let the Lord decide where to send it.

Why most prized? Gotta complete the circle by teaching my grandson how to play the game of life 'fore I go, and that book is my starting point. Let it be yours too.

Jake's almost 5 now, and T-ball starts in about a month.
Old 03-07-2014, 09:08 PM   #73
OldPat
Blue Chip

Male

Fireworks in the top of the 1st as Alaynie Page triples & scores in the top of the first. Cocks 1-0.
Old 03-07-2014, 09:16 PM   #74
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
CockyCash: 106687138593
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material

Blue has already walked two batters on 4 straight and given up a hit, 1-1
Old 03-07-2014, 09:19 PM   #75
FlorenceCock
1st Team All-American

Male

It is now UA 3-1 now. I really hate this new gametracker.
http://www.gamecocksonline.com/gamet...&startschool=&
Old 03-07-2014, 09:20 PM   #76
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
CockyCash: 106687138593
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material

3-1 Bama now, still only one out
Old 03-07-2014, 09:21 PM   #77
OldPat
Blue Chip

Male

Blue's gotta throw strikes - especially first pitch.
Old 03-07-2014, 09:24 PM   #78
OldPat
Blue Chip

Male

3-1 Bama after 1.
Old 03-07-2014, 09:34 PM   #79
OldPat
Blue Chip

Male

We're letting Bama's pitcher coast. Thrown maybe 25 pitches thru 2IP's.
Old 03-07-2014, 09:47 PM   #80
OldPat
Blue Chip

Male

7-1 Bama still in the 2nd. Our D, pitching and hitting are all horrible so far.