CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
GamecockSuperFan
robgusc76
cocks are us
El Cid Ranger
taylorssc
jellafever
johnnyb
GarnetSwarm1990
Cockhornleghorn
BLACK OUT!!!!!!! (1839)
Jimbo Fisher Blames (922)
Herbstreit on " (777)
Ole Miss Fan's Milk- (762)
SEC QB's in the Red (742)
Little know stat (We (690)
2013 Georgia vs. 201 (628)
Gamecockology Helms (600)
Happy Birthday Marcu (434)
Gif Sharing Time!!!! (357)
BLACK OUT!!!!!!!
Anyone have a recipe I ca
Gamecockology Helms
Where do you like to sit
COCKYTALK GOLF OUTING
We're going to the NCAA T
Sports no longer fun?
Little know stat (Week 10
Ole Miss Fan's Milk-Smash
How do you want Auburn to

Old 01-22-2014, 04:00 PM   #81
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
Ericvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Early SEC Football Predictions for 2014 (Athlon Sports)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
I don't think Green-Beckham will be on the team for Mizzou for a good while. Losing Franklin and the other defensive guys I think it will not go well for them.

UGA will have a much improved defense, hopefully their new QB and early suspensions will be too much to overcome.

Florida, to be honest it wouldn't surprise me if they did much better than expected for some strange reason.

Tennessee I hope does well enough to get Butch Jones attention from other programs. Michigan and Nebraska will both be open, and Jones is from Michigan. I have a feeling if he does well and shows he can rebuild Tennessee they will get him. That's my hope anyway.
Ericvol2096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 04:02 PM   #82
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Ericvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCohioBoy View Post
Michigan would not touch Jones
Did Butch hit on your wife/GF Mr. Ohio?
Old 01-22-2014, 04:04 PM   #83
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktguen View Post
Yeah, Tennessee returns zero starters from the OL or the DL. Ouch.
Old 01-22-2014, 04:49 PM   #84
behindenemylines
Tater Edumacated

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
behindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uga dawg View Post
he aint gotta be nothing special to hand the ball off. he'll be just fine.
So your ALL-WORLD QB went 1-3 against us and all Mason has to do is hand the ball off....GOT IT!

He wasn't very tough, We were just missing tackles. - UGA safety Bacarri Rambo said

Y'all see 246. I see 300. - Latti

The ONLY disability in life is a bad attitude. - Matthew Jeffers
behindenemylines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 06:21 PM   #85
SCohioBoy
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
SCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericvol2096 View Post
Did Butch hit on your wife/GF Mr. Ohio?
I grew up a Michigan fan. Bi+ch isn't a Michigan man! went down that road...
Old 03-03-2014, 12:03 AM   #86
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

South Carolina (11-1)
Missouri (9-3)
Georgia (9-3)
Florida (7-5)
Tennessee (6-6)
Vandy (6-6)
Kentucky (4-8)

In the west, Alabama, LSU, and Auburn will eat up on each other. I could see any of those 3 winning the division out there. Then it would probably be something like:
Texas A&M
Ole Miss
Mississippi St
Arkansas
uscgamecocks88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 10:49 AM   #87
nellanaesp
4-Star

Male

nellanaesp is developing his combnellanaesp is developing his combnellanaesp is developing his combnellanaesp is developing his combnellanaesp is developing his combnellanaesp is developing his combnellanaesp is developing his combnellanaesp is developing his combnellanaesp is developing his combnellanaesp is developing his comb

1- South Carolina 11-1 (7-1)
2- Florida 10-2 (7-1)
3- Georgia 9-3 (6-2)
4- Missouri 7-5 (4-4)
5- Tennessee 6-6 (3-5)
6- Vanderbilt 4-8 (2-6)
7- Kentucky 3-9 (0-8)
nellanaesp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 11:34 AM   #88
Travelin
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 522
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

SC vs. Bama in the SECCG. I think these two teams will be head and shoulders above the rest of the SEC.

Auburn, UGA and Mizzou will have good teams, but not good enough.
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 12:40 PM   #89
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1220
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenardier View Post
If I recall correctly, they did very well with the run against you.
But they couldn't score enough points to keep up with us that way.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 04:45 PM   #90
Taco Tuesday
Recruit

Male

Taco Tuesday has feathers coming inTaco Tuesday has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopcockycock View Post
i will just never understand why they ALWAYS pick uga to win the east, even when we are in a much better condition to win it, as we were this last season. just pisses me off!
Steve has made it to the SECCG once in 9 years that's why
Taco Tuesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 01:45 PM   #91
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgamecocks88 View Post
South Carolina (11-1)
Missouri (9-3)
Georgia (9-3)
Florida (7-5)
Tennessee (6-6)
Vandy (6-6)
Kentucky (4-8)

In the west, Alabama, LSU, and Auburn will eat up on each other. I could see any of those 3 winning the division out there. Then it would probably be something like:
Texas A&M
Ole Miss
Mississippi St
Arkansas
I have a weird feeling Ole Miss will have their best season in years this year. Maybe like a 9-3 type season. Won't win west but will be up there in 3rd area.
Old 03-07-2014, 01:47 PM   #92
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by nellanaesp View Post
1- South Carolina 11-1 (7-1)
2- Florida 10-2 (7-1)
3- Georgia 9-3 (6-2)
4- Missouri 7-5 (4-4)
5- Tennessee 6-6 (3-5)
6- Vanderbilt 4-8 (2-6)
7- Kentucky 3-9 (0-8)
Wow...UF at 10-2. Only two losses to USC and Bama?

That would be quite a turn around.
Old 03-07-2014, 01:49 PM   #93
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

I don't know what to think about TN. The realistic side of me thinks 5-7 is probably most likely the more I think about it.

No Oline and Dline starters returning. Likely going to start 2 true freshman out of our 3 WR's. Have a FR getting half the carries at RB, have 2 freshman TE's play almost exclusively and still need to find a QB.

Now if ALL of that clicks then the talent is there for the offense to be good, it just doesn't seem likely at all.
Old 03-07-2014, 03:54 PM   #94
PvtWarlick
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1261
PvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot material

Quote:
I don't know what to think about TN. The realistic side of me thinks 5-7 is probably most likely the more I think about it.

No Oline and Dline starters returning. Likely going to start 2 true freshman out of our 3 WR's. Have a FR getting half the carries at RB, have 2 freshman TE's play almost exclusively and still need to find a QB.

Now if ALL of that clicks then the talent is there for the offense to be good, it just doesn't seem likely at all.
There is always team that surprises everybody...for me that team is Miss ST. They looked better with Dax P. running the show. They could easily win 9 games with the easy non-conference schedule.

The East for me goes the team that goes 2-1 vs the key teams:

SC- UGA, UF, A&M
UGA- @SC, UF, Auburn
Mizzou- @SC. UGA, @UF
will win the east.

UF and Tenn are the biggest question marks talent is there but how quickly can it perform to make an impact.

UF- how quick will the offense adjust to a new scheme designed to get the WR on man coverage.
Tenn- How quickly can the freshman adjust to the level of talent at the college level.

UK, and Vandy are just in bad shape.
2010 SEC East Champions

Baseball:
2010, 2011 National Champions
4 Time Runner-Up (1975, 77, 2002, 2012)

Basketball
Southern Champions: 1927, 33, 34, 45
1970, 71 ACC Champions
1997 SEC Champions
2005, 06 NIT Champions
PvtWarlick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 09:22 PM   #95
Thenardier
Banned

Male

Thenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin View Post
SC vs. Bama in the SECCG. I think these two teams will be head and shoulders above the rest of the SEC.

Auburn, UGA and Mizzou will have good teams, but not good enough.
Thenardier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 09:27 PM   #96
Thenardier
Banned

Male

Thenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by PvtWarlick View Post
There is always team that surprises everybody...for me that team is Miss ST. They looked better with Dax P. running the show. They could easily win 9 games with the easy non-conference schedule.

The East for me goes the team that goes 2-1 vs the key teams:

SC- UGA, UF, A&M
UGA- @SC, UF, Auburn
Mizzou- @SC. UGA, @UF
will win the east.

UF and Tenn are the biggest question marks talent is there but how quickly can it perform to make an impact.

UF- how quick will the offense adjust to a new scheme designed to get the WR on man coverage.
Tenn- How quickly can the freshman adjust to the level of talent at the college level.

UK, and Vandy are just in bad shape.
Not considering AU a key game?
Thenardier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 12:12 AM   #97
gamecockfan
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 333
gamecockfan has earned his spursgamecockfan has earned his spursgamecockfan has earned his spursgamecockfan has earned his spursgamecockfan has earned his spursgamecockfan has earned his spurs
Send a message via AIM to gamecockfan

F THAT. Why do all these people on here have us with 2 losses. If we go 11-2 again with a mediocre capital one or outback bowl win, I am going to be sick. It is time to go undefeated. It is time to win that friggin national championship. NOW WHO'S WITH ME???? GO COCKS!!!!!!
Old 03-12-2014, 04:51 PM   #98
Gallo Pazzesco
Walk On

Male

Gallo Pazzesco is making other chickens nervousGallo Pazzesco is making other chickens nervousGallo Pazzesco is making other chickens nervousGallo Pazzesco is making other chickens nervousGallo Pazzesco is making other chickens nervousGallo Pazzesco is making other chickens nervousGallo Pazzesco is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Based off Missouri's SEC Title game roster Missouri loses quite a bit.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...se/release.pdf

They lose 7 starters off their Offense counting Josey who went pro early. I know you replace one of those with Mauck so really 6 of 11 starters are lost.

On defense they lost 7 of their 11 starters as well. One of which was Sam who was their beast all year long. Ealy left early too.

This was a special team for them and I don't see the talent waiting in the wings ready to reload. I think they have a one year step back.
You get it. I agree. That doesn't mean I believe Missouri will fall back to their first year level, but they will not be the team they were last year, and Florida and Georgia will extract some revenge from them this year, among others.

Tennessee will beat Missouri this year as well.

The SEC East will be tough to call this season. USC may well be the preseason favorite, but we should not overlook Georgia and Florida. Either of them could fail or finish first, it's all about how the ball bounces this year for the top four teams in the East.
Gallo Pazzesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 09:14 PM   #99
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallo Pazzesco View Post
You get it. I agree. That doesn't mean I believe Missouri will fall back to their first year level, but they will not be the team they were last year, and Florida and Georgia will extract some revenge from them this year, among others.

Tennessee will beat Missouri this year as well.

The SEC East will be tough to call this season. USC may well be the preseason favorite, but we should not overlook Georgia and Florida. Either of them could fail or finish first, it's all about how the ball bounces this year for the top four teams in the East.
I think Florida will beat Georgia. It will be Florida's few conference wins but I just don't think UGA will be that much improved from last year. Plus, a new QB and DC.

I think we win the division, but #2-4 will be between Missouri, Georgia, Florida. Any of those teams could be any of those spots. Then Tennessee, Vandy, and Uk in #5-7.
uscgamecocks88 is online now   Reply With Quote