CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
GamecockGuardsman
robgusc76
SMOTFS86
sflgc
GregoryHouse
Spurticus
Big Spur
kingofnerf
MisterClowney
cockybreeyan
Connor to be backup? (2764)
Greatest Gamecock Pl (1168)
Miami Beach Bowl Thr (1078)
Carolina ranked #21 (1022)
Connor to start agai (973)
Gotta get Agent 0 go (824)
Marcus coming home (590)
Most Impactful Peopl (496)
Greatest Gamecock Pl (495)
Greatest Gamecock Pl (444)
Greatest Gamecock Players
Marcus coming home
Miami Beach Bowl Thread
Arizona Cardinals QB situ
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Carolina ranked #21 prese
Players to The Draft
Connor to start against R
Denver/Cincy MNF Thread
The Vent and Coaching cha

Old 02-24-2014, 03:04 AM   #81
JerseyBird
Fuggedaboudit

Male

CockyCash: 1044445445
JerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot material
Default Re: ***2014 Nascar Season Thread***

Great win for Jr. and Jr. Nation

On the flip side (fortunately not literally), looks like it's Dillon as in Villain so far
Old 02-24-2014, 03:16 AM   #82
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114054578
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyBird View Post
Great win for Jr. and Jr. Nation

On the flip side (fortunately not literally), looks like it's Dillon as in Villain so far
Lol and kevin harveck was sliding around so much I thought Ernie "swervin" Irvin came out of retirement.
Old 02-24-2014, 04:21 PM   #83
GamecockMomSC
Sweet Carolina Girl

Female

CockyCash: 101194810
GamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot material

After winning Daytona, Jr is honoring his promise to join twitter. His handle is simply @DaleJr. He's tweeted a few photos, including this one.

Quote:
Look who I ran into at the Daytona Experience. Dad's Happy! #2XDaytona500Champ pic.twitter.com/I0zf5PLfr5

GamecockMomSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 07:27 PM   #84
Spurrier_Superior_One
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

HMS already starting out strong,
Spurrier_Superior_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 05:40 PM   #85
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 2462144
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

I was glad that Jr got the win with a heck of a push from Gordon. Man I thought JJ was somehow going to pull out the victory, either him or cryslowski. Dale drove his ass off for that one.
FanofCarolina1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 08:24 PM   #86
CaptainCock91
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 495
CaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot material

I found this article about how Dale Jr. became a Gamecock fan, pretty cool read!

http://www.garnetandblackattack.com/...a-gamecock-fan
Old 02-25-2014, 08:34 PM   #87
ucan'tlickourcocks
The "other" M. Lattimore

Male

CockyCash: 1357725516
ucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockMomSC View Post
After winning Daytona, Jr is honoring his promise to join twitter. His handle is simply @DaleJr. He's tweeted a few photos, including this one.

Funny..... I was a closet Earnhardt Sr. fan, pretended to hate him, but deep down, had nothing but admiration and respect.

The sport STILL has not filled the void left by Sr....... and may never.
Have no doubt he rolled over in his grave when Jr. left DEI.......

Glad to see Dale Jr. win the 500....... with his consistency, if he can win races, he may be a threat to finally get the Championship. I'd be surprised if the champion DID NOT come from HMS......

Have met most of the drivers, but never got to meet the elusive Earnhardt's......
Old 02-25-2014, 08:54 PM   #88
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 939000
Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucan'tlickourcocks View Post
Funny..... I was a closet Earnhardt Sr. fan, pretended to hate him, but deep down, had nothing but admiration and respect.

The sport STILL has not filled the void left by Sr....... and may never.
Have no doubt he rolled over in his grave when Jr. left DEI.......

Glad to see Dale Jr. win the 500....... with his consistency, if he can win races, he may be a threat to finally get the Championship. I'd be surprised if the champion DID NOT come from HMS......

Have met most of the drivers, but never got to meet the elusive Earnhardt's......
Earnhardt was the guy I loved to hate! When he died, "My" Nascar did too! I was a Robert Yates fan and whoever drove the #28.......Mostly Allison and Irvan.
Personally I think Teresa killed DEI, and Jr. had no choice but to leave. She played hard ball with the "marquee driver in Cup racing".

Last Sunday was the first time in a long time I watched the end of a race. There was only one reason for that..................Jr. had some horses under him.
Coulwoodwarlord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 09:22 PM   #89
TAFC 5 1981
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
TAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot material

I have only been to one NASCAR race (Rockingham 1996) and Earnhardt won. There was an anti-3 fan sitting a few rows in front of me. I bet in the 393 laps, this guy flipped off the 3 car 350+ times.
Old 02-25-2014, 09:48 PM   #90
JerseyBird
Fuggedaboudit

Male

CockyCash: 1044445445
JerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot material

Haha similar story at Pocono in 1987 a guy a few rows behind me (who probably had more than a few liquid consumables) must have yelled "Chevy's great but Earnhardt ain't!" a good 20 or so times that I could hear, and who knows how many that I couldn't when the cars were going by at speed.

A cool Earnhardt story that would have been a LOT cooler if I had had the kahunas - I went to the spring race at Martinsville in 1988 and he won, and just to show you the different times back then they let everyone go down to the infield afterwards, and I got several driver & crew autographs on my program, and obviously the biggest line was for Dale. I did get his autograph but considered while waiting in line to ask him to sign "Ha! I won the race!" in the program, but chickened out last minute. Wish I had smh
Old 02-25-2014, 10:45 PM   #91
DBjr
Recruit

Male

DBjr is sharpening his clawsDBjr is sharpening his clawsDBjr is sharpening his clawsDBjr is sharpening his claws

i believe the 3Dillon caused 3 wrecks for sure,maybe 4 and EVERY time ole DW took up for him....lol! IMO,his grandpa moved him up way too soon. This aint trucks or nationwide! ALL these guys are very good and he aint making too many friends very fast! lol
DBjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 05:13 PM   #92
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 1000995751
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Jr. Still number one in standings after Phoenix, came in 2nd in Phoenix behind winner Kevin Harvick. He is not letting up one bit.
Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 01:19 AM   #93
Fear#5
New and Improved

Male

CockyCash: 249940200
Fear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot material

Harvick absolutely dominated that race. Junior easily had the 2nd best car and the Penske guys were behind him. But it was interesting to see how much better those 4 were than the rest of the field. They were running in the top 4 basically the entire race.
Fear#5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 07:19 PM   #94
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

In case you haven't seen it yet..

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 08:18 PM   #95
COCKYWOOD
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 800
COCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot material

Harvick has won last 3 out of 4 at Phoenix. 1.5 track up next. Let's see how this weekend goes.
COCKYWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 09:31 PM   #96
1SCFanInPAUntilNow
Franchise Playa

Male

CockyCash: 9182821
1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by COCKYWOOD View Post
Harvick has won last 3 out of 4 at Phoenix. 1.5 track up next. Let's see how this weekend goes.
That statement is false.
1SCFanInPAUntilNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 09:53 PM   #97
Herbie3
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 13641
Herbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot material

Who said NASCAR isn't a sport?
Attached Images

Herbie3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 06:48 PM   #98
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 2462144
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

Dale almost won another but ran out of gas and finished second. Good win for Brad.
Old 03-09-2014, 07:25 PM   #99
COCKYWOOD
Bowl MVP

Male

COCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot material

Great race today. I wish Jr had a little bit more gas, but that's racing.
Old 03-09-2014, 07:38 PM   #100
COCKYWOOD
Bowl MVP

Male

Hasn't Harvick won the last 3 of 4 in Phoenix?