CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
Ericvol2096
l^l^lBGCock
GamecockSuperFan
STEPHONGILMOREFAN!
A. Pilgrim
robgusc76
taylorssc
Travelin
cocks are us
BLACK OUT!!!!!!! (2784)
Herbstreit on " (1017)
Gamecockology Helms (987)
SEC QB's in the Red (970)
Little know stat (We (960)
Where do you like to (530)
We're going to the N (504)
Amelia Earhart Plane (291)
COCKYTALK GOLF OUTIN (209)
This season and recr (194)
Uniforms for Tenn
Have you ever been so wro
BLACK OUT!!!!!!!
Where do you like to sit
We're going to the NCAA T
Perry Dozier Jr. (2015 Pr
Gamecockology Helms
2014 WS: Giants vs. Royal
Lose to Clemson, or to Te
Tevin Mack SG 6-5, 200 (2

Old 03-09-2014, 09:22 PM   #161
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 200
4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: 2015 - Albert Huggins

Gotta keep him at USC
4gamecockfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 01:16 PM   #162
smoovecock
The Gamecock Pimps Daddy

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Homecoming King 
smoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot material

It is going to be really really hard to get this kid to Columbia...There is a lot of klempzun influence down in that county....I hope we get ....it would be a great surprise...
Old 03-11-2014, 06:56 PM   #163
Jim Lahey
I am the liquor

Male

CockyCash: 700
Jim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoovecock View Post
It is going to be really really hard to get this kid to Columbia...There is a lot of klempzun influence down in that county....I hope we get ....it would be a great surprise...
I agree. All signs point to Clemmy right now

When you plant shit-seeds. You get shit-weeds.
Jim Lahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 11:45 PM   #164
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

does he want to lose to usc and play in the acc, or beat the tiggers every year and play in the best conference in the nation? that's the question
4gamecockfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 12:18 AM   #165
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Orangeburg-Wilkinson DL Albert Huggins, to no ones surprise, is a must see for recruiters during this spring evaluation period. Clemsons Marion Hobby and USCs Everette Sands were among the coaches to stop by last week to check in on Huggins.
Huggins said he didnt talk to either coach in person because of the rules and only got a chance to shake hands, but he talked with both via social media and phone later on.
We dont talk much about football, Huggins said of those conversation. We talk about family and how they are doing and what Ive got to do this season.
Huggins was actually at USC Saturday for a physical and contacted Sands to see if he could come to the campus to visit with him but Sands couldnt make it due to family duties.
Other schools to come thru last week to see Huggins were North Carolina, NC State and Florida. Huggins said he talked with Florida recruiter Brad Lawing by phone after Lawing left the school. He said Michigan State might come thru this week.
Huggins has been to Clemson and USC, he said about five times each so hes plenty familiar with each. He said he will try to visit Georgia in the next week or two and he wants to visit Florida this summer.
Ive got to get out to see other schools to get a feel for them, he said. Im getting the most love from Clemson, USC and North Carolina but those are not a top three. How can I have a top three when Ive only been to those three schools?
Huggins said he will be graduating in December so he will make his decision soon after his season.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...o-w-last-week/

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 10:14 PM   #166
conwaycock2
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
conwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot material

Waited a long time to post this. Huggins is a 97 on 24/7. Highly ranked everywhere. I'll go with the guys who do this for a living as they know what they're looking for & just generally know one hell of a lot more than me. I saw Huggins play in person last season & I was shocked. Perhaps he just had a bad game, perhaps I just don't know xxxx from shineola. But except for his size he did not stand out although he did move better than most high schoolers his size. He was just not dominant playing opposite a guy he out weighed by half a house.

In all honesty I saw another guy who ended up playing at USC who also looked very ordinary in high school & turned out to be very solid, not spectacular, but much better than he looked in high school. I expect that's what will happen with Huggins because I not dumb enough to believe I know more than the experts. But when I think about recruiting, I just can't make myself get upset that this guy is going to clemson. On the other hand, logic tells me I'm almost certainly wrong.

Last edited by conwaycock2; 05-13-2014 at 10:35 PM.
conwaycock2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 11:37 PM   #167
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
DL Albert Huggins of Orangeburg-Wilkinson has been fairly silent about his recruitment but surfaced Monday at Clemson. The in-state product will be in Clemson this Monday-through-Wednesday taking a look at the Tigers.
Im just chilling up here and hanging out with the defensive coaches, Huggins said. I dont really talk too much about whats going on with recruiting because Im trying to keep a low-profile.
Huggins did say that he does not have any favorites.
Im just trying to keep an open mind and listen to all of the schools, he said. I hope to visit Georgia in a couple of weeks and Florida later on this summer.
There was no mention of USC. When asked about the Gamecocks, Huggins simply said, Like I said, Im keeping an open mind to all schools, including USC. He added that there were no plans to visit USC this summer. His last visit to USC for a visit was for the Clemson game last November.
Some of Huggins other offers are Florida State, Alabama, Tennessee, Louisville, NC State, North Carolina, Auburn, Vanderbilt, Georgia Tech, Notre Dame, Mississippi State and LSU.
Huggins did not indicate a time frame for narrowing his list.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...ummer-started/

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 06-17-2014, 04:21 PM   #168
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Is this kid close to making a decision? Seeing a lot of articles on him pop up today, and chatter is going around. Also Carolina seems to have gained on him, from what I can tell. Any truth on this?
Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Gamecocks1137 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 04:33 PM   #169
paynemd2
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 870
paynemd2 has earned his spurspaynemd2 has earned his spurspaynemd2 has earned his spurspaynemd2 has earned his spurspaynemd2 has earned his spurspaynemd2 has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 View Post
Is this kid close to making a decision? Seeing a lot of articles on him pop up today, and chatter is going around. Also Carolina seems to have gained on him, from what I can tell. Any truth on this?
I haven't seen any articles on him today, but he recently spent a weekend at Clemson and from what it sounded like they tried to press for a commitment and he didn't budge. He's in no rush to make a decision and from the last I heard he has no plans to visit USC this summer
paynemd2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 04:41 PM   #170
Cockypantherfan
Banned

Male

Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Good that he didn't buy Clemson's BS. I don't think we are really in the picture with him but things can always change..
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 04:53 PM   #171
paynemd2
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 870
paynemd2 has earned his spurspaynemd2 has earned his spurspaynemd2 has earned his spurspaynemd2 has earned his spurspaynemd2 has earned his spurspaynemd2 has earned his spurs

I personally think he ends up at UGA. I seem to remember him saying it was his dream offer when they offered him. I believe he is visiting there in a few weeks so we will see what happens after that. Although he has said he is keeping an open mind and is not going to rush a decision.
paynemd2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 12:51 AM   #172
Take-a-Knee
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 10000
Take-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot material

This Orangeburg SC kid really belongs in Columbia for sure
Take-a-Knee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 01:42 AM   #173
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

I will be shocked if Huggins chooses USC....
ConwayGamecock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 01:45 AM   #174
Ahmad
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 726
Ahmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
Me and you both.
Old 06-18-2014, 01:47 AM   #175
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

tater all the way.....
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 02:05 AM   #176
Ahmad
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 726
Ahmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
tater all the way.....
Who do you think will be their biggest competition for him?
Old 06-18-2014, 03:23 AM   #177
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmad View Post
Who do you think will be their biggest competition for him?
He's got offers from us, Bama, Auburn and Georgia......I really haven't heard about him going anywhere other than Clemson.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 09:43 AM   #178
conwaycock2
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
conwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
As will I. Can't rule anything out until the ink is dry or they enroll but these smokescreens are not unusual for a recruit to put out when the whole world thinks they know the outcome. Gotta keep some drama in the equation.
conwaycock2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 12:27 AM   #179
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
Georgia is the next destination for DE Albert Huggins of Orangeburg-Wilkinson. After spending a couple of nights at a Clemson camp earlier this month, Huggins next visit will be a day trip to Athens.
“I’m excited about it and I’m just going about this visit just like all of the others,” he said. “I get a vibe of how things work when I visit these schools and that’s what I plan to do at Georgia.”
Huggins does not have any favorites and said it is too early for that. “I can’t really say because I haven’t taken enough trips,” he said. “I don’t think that would be fair. I liked Clemson and I liked some of the other places I’ve visited, I just need to go to some more places (before I announce any favorites).”
The Georgia trip is scheduled for July 19th. He will visit Florida after that with no date set. As for USC, he does not have any plans to visit at this time.
“I’m real familiar with USC so I don’t think I need to get back there,” Huggins said. “I still talk to the coaches and they’re real interested in me.”
Huggins said he will likely take all five official visits and is in no hurry to make a decision. Though he does not have any favorites, he acknowledged interest in both Clemson and USC.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...it-to-georgia/

Old 07-02-2014, 06:17 PM   #180
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

His Coaches have all but packed him up for Clemson. Not sure how this crew at OW High School has been able to push all their top prospects to Clemson but that has been the case for some time. We need to get some Carolina influence up that way.
USCBASEBALL1 is offline   Reply With Quote