CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Sarge

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
GamecockSuperFan
cocks are us
robgusc76
El Cid Ranger
taylorssc
jellafever
johnnyb
A. Pilgrim
Cockhornleghorn
BLACK OUT!!!!!!! (2064)
Jimbo Fisher Blames (957)
Ole Miss Fan's Milk- (829)
Herbstreit on " (819)
Little know stat (We (776)
SEC QB's in the Red (775)
Gamecockology Helms (704)
2013 Georgia vs. 201 (647)
Gif Sharing Time!!!! (409)
Where do you like to (339)
BLACK OUT!!!!!!!
Sports no longer fun?
Meta: Is there a notifica
Halo: Master Chief Collec
COCKYTALK GOLF OUTING
USC/Tennessee 11/1/2014
We're going to the NCAA T
NFL: REDSKINS @ COWBOYS M
For all the uniform junki
Gamecockology Helms

Old 03-08-2014, 09:43 PM   #1
GabbieM
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 850
GabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudly
Exclamation Doing What We Should

Well, the points we put up today in the double header are great. I think we looked okay as a whole. With this said..

#1, #2, #4, #9 all faced a defeat this weekend (so far). Along with a few more top 25 teams... most against non top 25 teams.

If we aren't #1 after this weekend (barring a loss tomorrow) we are golden to possibly go into the weekend ranked #1 on all polls which will greatly help our team play better in my opinion.

If I'm correct.. that makes us the only undefeated team in the nation. This is some good stuff! As always.. you can lose to anyone in baseball on any day.. so we could still lose tomorrow or Tuesday before our first SEC series.

Edit: added #4 FL State to the list of defeats.
GabbieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 10:12 PM   #2
FearThethumbandDJ
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1000
FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit
Default Re: Doing What We Should

No way, the media loves the ACC and jameis no way we move up
FearThethumbandDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 11:07 PM   #3
Cocktober Surprise
Soup Spoon

Male

CockyCash: 500
Cocktober Surprise is crowing loudlyCocktober Surprise is crowing loudlyCocktober Surprise is crowing loudlyCocktober Surprise is crowing loudlyCocktober Surprise is crowing loudlyCocktober Surprise is crowing loudlyCocktober Surprise is crowing loudlyCocktober Surprise is crowing loudlyCocktober Surprise is crowing loudlyCocktober Surprise is crowing loudlyCocktober Surprise is crowing loudly

If they win tomorrow, they will be #1 in every poll. (At least the polls that rank using integrity...not those that rank to get clicks.)

Write that down.
Old 03-09-2014, 05:13 AM   #4
GabbieM
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 850
GabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudly

i really think we have a championship calibur team this year. We need to work.. but overall the CWS is real.
GabbieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 12:14 PM   #5
ucan'tlickourcocks
The "other" M. Lattimore

Male

CockyCash: 967355268
ucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot material

I certainly don't want to downplay our start to the season, but our strength of schedule so far has been a little weaker than normal. We are off to a great start, and hopefully we can continue it....... with SEC play starting next weekend, I believe Ole Miss will be a good measuring stick to see where we are starting league play.
Old 03-09-2014, 10:07 PM   #6
Qatarcock
Redneck Abroad

Male

CockyCash: 1000500
Qatarcock is USC mascot materialQatarcock is USC mascot materialQatarcock is USC mascot materialQatarcock is USC mascot materialQatarcock is USC mascot materialQatarcock is USC mascot materialQatarcock is USC mascot materialQatarcock is USC mascot materialQatarcock is USC mascot materialQatarcock is USC mascot materialQatarcock is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Qatarcock

It is hard to jump a team if they win the weekend series. Losing a midweek game or one out of a series isn't considered a huge deal with the rankings. Admittedly I have no idea who those teams played and when they lost. When you factor in who we played, it isn't a stretch to see us staying where we are if the teams ahead of us only lost once this week.
Old 03-09-2014, 10:43 PM   #7
jojaba71
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
jojaba71 is developing his combjojaba71 is developing his combjojaba71 is developing his combjojaba71 is developing his combjojaba71 is developing his combjojaba71 is developing his combjojaba71 is developing his combjojaba71 is developing his combjojaba71 is developing his combjojaba71 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singaporecock View Post
It is hard to jump a team if they win the weekend series. Losing a midweek game or one out of a series isn't considered a huge deal with the rankings. Admittedly I have no idea who those teams played and when they lost. When you factor in who we played, it isn't a stretch to see us staying where we are if the teams ahead of us only lost once this week.
I agree. Kendall Rogers and Aaron Fitt never penalize a team after they win a series. I see us hanging on to no. 1 in Collegiate Baseball and USA/Today and staying put in Baseball America and PerfectGame.
jojaba71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 01:12 AM   #8
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabbieM View Post
i really think we have a championship calibur team this year. We need to work.. but overall the CWS is real.
I agree....we have a great team this year....but if our guys keep playing like this at # 3 or 4, I'm more than happy to leave things as they are. Sometimes it's better to be the hunter than the hunted. Maybe the best thing we have going for us is the fact that we have 3 really good starting pitchers.....need 3 to win regional and supers, not to mention the relievers and closers we have are also very good.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote