CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
thekob
Lonnie
COCKYTALKIN
garnet_black215
Master Bedroom
elcid99
Captain9Dragons
ertman420
Gamecocks1137
Clemson Recruiting.. (4570)
Clowney Spares RB Bi (1991)
Hello Gamecocks! (763)
Marching band (711)
John Rocker at rock (699)
My predictions for 2 (341)
Section 16 (338)
Muschamp + fan = win (316)
Does anyone know how (248)
Good Article on Aubu (248)
Official SEC Network and
An Aggies View of the Mat
2015 Commitment - Marquav
Ced Cooper's 40 Time
2015 - Christian Pellage
NCAA Concussion Settlemen
Clemson Recruiting...how
2016 - Brandon McIlwain
2016 - Bryan Edwards
John Rocker at rock botto

Old 03-09-2014, 08:43 PM   #101
JerseyBird
Fuggedaboudit

Male

CockyCash: 2332
JerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot material
Default Re: ***2014 Nascar Season Thread***

I think he has.

And this was a PERFECT example of how awesome the new point system is - last year Jr. would have conceded being a lap short and let BK go by and be content with a "good points day" finishing a couple seconds behind. Because of the point system, there was no reason not to go for it; even if he ran out a full lap short and finished 20th, it almost certainly wouldn't have made a difference in the Chase standings
Take one star crunch. Then take lots of peanut butter and layer it THICK on the flat side. After that slam another star crunch on top of the peanut butter. Finally, slap yo momma. For those of you trying to "watch what you eat" don't add the second star crunch. This is the diet version-etowngangsta
JerseyBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 08:59 PM   #102
1SCFanInPAUntilNow
Franchise Playa

Male

CockyCash: 9980800
1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by COCKYWOOD View Post
Hasn't Harvick won the last 3 of 4 in Phoenix?
There has been a different winner there since 2009.
1SCFanInPAUntilNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 09:57 PM   #103
GoCCUChants
I'm the Foxy Man

Male

CockyCash: 682
GoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SCFanInPAUntilNow View Post
There has been a different winner there since 2009.
If you count the fall races, he as won 3 of the last 4 races at Phoenix. Fall 12, Fall 13, Spring 14.
GoCCUChants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 10:45 PM   #104
COCKYWOOD
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 800
COCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot material

Thanks. I thought so, but wasn't sure.
COCKYWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 04:28 PM   #105
GoCCUChants
I'm the Foxy Man

Male

GoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot material

Granted it is raining there, but NASCAR needs to take note about the crowd at Bristol. Once one of the hottest tickets in sports, now it looks like a Busch race. Rain isn't keep those stands from filling up, it's the product on the track.
Old 03-16-2014, 04:59 PM   #106
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCCUChants View Post
Granted it is raining there, but NASCAR needs to take note about the crowd at Bristol. Once one of the hottest tickets in sports, now it looks like a Busch race. Rain isn't keep those stands from filling up, it's the product on the track.
it's also in the upper 30's and a winter storm advisory.....they shouldn't run these races this early in the season in areas weather weather can be a problem.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 05:11 PM   #107
Fear#5
New and Improved

Male

CockyCash: 249940200
Fear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot material

Yep this is on NASCAR because they are awful at scheduling. Attendance was already gonna be lower because of the cold, the rain only made it worse.
Fear#5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 05:44 PM   #108
Gizamecock
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 750
Gizamecock is learning to peckGizamecock is learning to peck

I think they need to address the scheduling issue. Maybe even shorten the season.

I also think they should have an extra point at the end of the race. Once regulation is completed they should line the field up and give them an optional pit stop. Then have a 3 lap shootout for an extra 5 points toward the chase. Or the car that wins the most number of "extra point" shootouts gets a spot in the chase.
Old 03-16-2014, 05:56 PM   #109
TAFC 5 1981
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
TAFC 5 1981 has developed his gaff and talonsTAFC 5 1981 has developed his gaff and talonsTAFC 5 1981 has developed his gaff and talonsTAFC 5 1981 has developed his gaff and talonsTAFC 5 1981 has developed his gaff and talonsTAFC 5 1981 has developed his gaff and talonsTAFC 5 1981 has developed his gaff and talonsTAFC 5 1981 has developed his gaff and talonsTAFC 5 1981 has developed his gaff and talonsTAFC 5 1981 has developed his gaff and talonsTAFC 5 1981 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizamecock View Post
I think they need to address the scheduling issue. Maybe even shorten the season.

I also think they should have an extra point at the end of the race. Once regulation is completed they should line the field up and give them an optional pit stop. Then have a 3 lap shootout for an extra 5 points toward the chase. Or the car that wins the most number of "extra point" shootouts gets a spot in the chase.
I would want the contract for hauling wrecked cars off the track if they did that.
Old 03-23-2014, 06:49 PM   #110
Fear#5
New and Improved

Male

Fear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot material

This race is ridiculous. They can't even go 20 laps without half of the field getting flat tires. And NASCAR tried to blame this on the teams after the same problem kept happening in practice.
Old 03-23-2014, 08:15 PM   #111
RockRocks787
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1510
RockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPit
Send a message via AIM to RockRocks787

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizamecock View Post

That would not be good for Darlington.

RockRocks787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 02:49 PM   #112
GamecockGuardsman
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
GamecockGuardsman rules the CockPitGamecockGuardsman rules the CockPitGamecockGuardsman rules the CockPitGamecockGuardsman rules the CockPitGamecockGuardsman rules the CockPitGamecockGuardsman rules the CockPitGamecockGuardsman rules the CockPitGamecockGuardsman rules the CockPitGamecockGuardsman rules the CockPitGamecockGuardsman rules the CockPitGamecockGuardsman rules the CockPit

Looks like there will be another rain delay for today's race.
Old 04-06-2014, 03:56 PM   #113
Fear#5
New and Improved

Male

Might not be able get this race in today. 80% chance of rain for the rest of the day there.
Old 04-07-2014, 01:23 PM   #114
carolina2010
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 756
carolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudly

Dale jr. Wrecks and cars on fire.... JJ having problems as well
carolina2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 01:40 PM   #115
treys1986
1st Team All-SEC

Male

treys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot material

Stewart has been pretty dang fast so far. Hope he can keep it up.
treys1986 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 02:19 PM   #116
kabercr2
4-Star

Male

kabercr2 is sharpening his clawskabercr2 is sharpening his clawskabercr2 is sharpening his clawskabercr2 is sharpening his clawskabercr2 is sharpening his claws

Only Junior would run off the road... smh
kabercr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 03:18 PM   #117
GoCCUChants
I'm the Foxy Man

Male

Anyone going to The Lady in Black tonight or tomorrow? I was going to go tonight (I have a track meet in Columbia all day tomorrow) but everyone I asked said no and the one guy who said yeah just backed out. Guess I'll be watching on TV along with the USC game.
Old 04-25-2014, 11:58 PM   #118
CaptainCock91
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 495
CaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot material

So how about Chase Elliott? I thought that maybe Rick signed him to a development contract just because of his last name. I was wrong. The kid can drive the wheels off a race car. He has won the last two races; Texas by out-driving Harvick and Kyle Busch, and then won at Darlington by running over Matt Kenseth and Elliott Sadler on the GWC finish (this on probably the hardest track on the circuit, where he had never driven before). He's been running second behind Harvick most of the night tonight.

This kid is the real deal.
Old 04-26-2014, 12:31 AM   #119
GoCCUChants
I'm the Foxy Man

Male

Bill Elliott was my dad's favorite driver when I was growing up so I'm loving this. It's super easy for me to pull for him because of that. I also think it's really cool that the Dawsonville Pool Room sounds the siren when he wins, just like his father.

Old 04-26-2014, 01:27 AM   #120
TonyVercetti
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
TonyVercetti has feathers coming inTonyVercetti has feathers coming inTonyVercetti has feathers coming in

Anyone else embarrsed by the state of the sport? Im very saddened by what NASCAR has become. It runs much deeper for me. Than just a sport. For real nascar was part of my life. My grandfather (moms side) was a nascar sportsman champion in the 60s. Raced with Ralph Earnhardt. Richard petty at columbia speedway. All the greats. Won a race upside down on his roof. The trophy had the car upside down.

Dale Earnhardt as a kid hit my grandpa upside the head with a pepsi bottle for wrecking his dad out.

So its in my blood. I raced street stock at sumter speedway. Just hate to see what nascae is. All the no personality drivers. All the races are 1 by 1 for most the race. No sense of danger now. All the cars look the same. I miss those 85 monte carlo's. Best car to ever race in nascar. More wins then any other car. I miss all the good tracks. Hate those western cookie cutter tracks.

Ugh
TonyVercetti is offline   Reply With Quote