CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground > Basketball Recruits

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
5lbYardcock
b381l
StormOfTalons
18IsTheMan
bigdog2003
GSC2013
evan_aggie
conwaycock2
The Yancey
Do we have any shot (2585)
Carolina opens -15.5 (1884)
What changes can and (1432)
(50 minute Replay) U (1353)
Shaw: Check Out This (1296)
Don't tell me we don (1222)
Gamecocks claimed an (1128)
Gamecock football Lo (1065)
SOS Teleconference (970)
Tanner McEvoy should (941)
Tanner McEvoy should've s
Gamecock football Long Te
who thinks we need a whol
Pirate Depth Chart
SOS Teleconference
Do we have any shot again
Connor Shaw Browns
Mike Davis "doubtful
Carolina opens -15.5
MLS almost ready for play

Old 03-08-2014, 03:53 PM   #21
davidmc467
Little Engine That Could

Male

CockyCash: 500
davidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Kaydra Duckett (2014 Prospect) 5-10 G

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDuro View Post
Check Kaydra out playing for the Class AAA State Championship today at 5:30 on Time Warner channel 323.
Go Blue Devils!
Old 03-08-2014, 03:59 PM   #22
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

I have seen her play twice this year. Very impressive on the offensive end but she is very lazy on the defensive end. She needs to play hard at all times or she will see limited time at USC. She does have a nice outside shot which is something we can use.
USCBASEBALL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 08:31 AM   #23
scfastpitch
Blue Chip

Male

scfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPit

Dreher defeats Crestwood to win the state championship . Kaydra Duckett with 24 points , 12 rebounds, 5 steals and 3 assists .

http://www.thestate.com/2014/03/08/3...edemption.html
scfastpitch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 07:40 PM   #24
OldPat
Blue Chip

Male

OldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by scfastpitch View Post
Dreher defeats Crestwood to win the state championship . Kaydra Duckett with 24 points , 12 rebounds, 5 steals and 3 assists .

http://www.thestate.com/2014/03/08/3...edemption.html
Not too shabby for someone who doesn't play defense. Isn't that right, USCBASEBALL1? BS doesn't fly; just smells so take it with you back to taterland.
OldPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 08:47 PM   #25
scfastpitch
Blue Chip

Male

scfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPit

There are plenty of high school players that don't pay enough attention to defense . Keisha Sutton said she hardly gave any thought to defense at all when she was in high school , and she became one of our best defensive players .
scfastpitch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 08:56 PM   #26
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldPat View Post
Not too shabby for someone who doesn't play defense. Isn't that right, USCBASEBALL1? BS doesn't fly; just smells so take it with you back to taterland.
Hey d!p sh!t Dreher has a 6'3" Center going to Clemson and two 6'1" Forwards on her Team. I never said the girl could not play I said she leaves a lot to be desired on the defensive end. Just because she scores a ton of points does not mean she plays Defense. Also I don't think you will find one regular on this board who will believe your BS about me being a Tater but nice try. Just a FYI. My Dad played Football at USC, my Nephew is on the USC Staff, and my Daughter will be attending in the near future so yeah, I guess that makes me a Tater LMFAO.
Old 03-09-2014, 09:15 PM   #27
roosterdude21
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 600
roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material

Nice, go blue
roosterdude21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 10:13 PM   #28
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200700
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cockhornleghorn

Quote:
I was thinking the same thing, Pat. Someone who doesn't play defense doesn't get 5 steals. Also, everyone who plays for Dawn Staley plays defense or they don't play.
Old 03-10-2014, 01:04 AM   #29
OldPat
Blue Chip

Male

OldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBASEBALL1 View Post
Hey d!p sh!t Dreher has a 6'3" Center going to Clemson and two 6'1" Forwards on her Team. I never said the girl could not play I said she leaves a lot to be desired on the defensive end. Just because she scores a ton of points does not mean she plays Defense. Also I don't think you will find one regular on this board who will believe your BS about me being a Tater but nice try. Just a FYI. My Dad played Football at USC, my Nephew is on the USC Staff, and my Daughter will be attending in the near future so yeah, I guess that makes me a Tater LMFAO.
My my, how we sometimes jump to unwarranted conclusions just like you did in your first post in this thread. Just said you lived in taterland, not that you were a tater,and your mind did the rest. LOLOL.

And all that height & talent surrounding Duckett just makes her 12 rbs & 5 steals all the more impressive.

Hope that hole in your foot heals soon.
Old 03-10-2014, 01:13 AM   #30
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

She looked great on defense to me in last year's state championship game. She had a lot of steals in that game I remember.

Here is the link if you want to watch that game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzwvqsV1A14

Maybe she doesn't have the greatest EFFORT on defense yet, but she is sneaky with those hands. And you have to remember. She's in high school.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 07:52 AM   #31
gotrice?
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 5600
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

Quote:
My my, how we sometimes jump to unwarranted conclusions just like you did in your first post in this thread. Just said you lived in taterland, not that you were a tater,and your mind did the rest. LOLOL.

And all that height & talent surrounding Duckett just makes her 12 rbs & 5 steals all the more impressive.

The steal stat doesn't mean great defender. I'll use an NBA example, Monte Ellis is consistently in the Top 5 or Top 10 every year in steals per game but his on ball defense is not that good because he doesn't put much effort into it. Does the steal stat outweigh the fact that he gets torched constantly? Just because she has 5 steals in a game where she is one of the most physically gifted on the court doesn't make her not a lazy defender. I'd say most tend to be lazy at the high school level because they can afford to be and Dawn will get the most out of her in terms of effort.
gotrice? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 10:30 AM   #32
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

She has great defensive talent imo. The effort level will come.
Old 03-10-2014, 11:20 AM   #33
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:

All I will say back to you is I officiated two of her games and she lacks it on the defensive end at this time. You can certainly disagree with me without being a douche bag. Why not start another one of your rambling threads bro and not worry about my opinion.
Old 03-10-2014, 11:22 AM   #34
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
She has great defensive talent imo. The effort level will come.
She is a talent period. She is a top 100 player but she certainly will need to bring the defensive intensity on the next level.
Old 03-10-2014, 05:10 PM   #35
OldPat
Blue Chip

Male

The bent this thread has taken reminds me of our poet laureate of B-ball. Made it look so easy. Wish I knew how to stand around & let almost a third of my team's rbs. fall in my hands like KD did in her last game. LOL.
Old 03-10-2014, 07:00 PM   #36
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBASEBALL1 View Post
She is a talent period. She is a top 100 player but she certainly will need to bring the defensive intensity on the next level.
I'm sorry man, but you just don't see a lot of tremendously intense defenders in girl's high school basketball. Especially, when their team is so good they are used to cruising to easy victories. They say Clowney doesn't put in great effort either. Is he not a great defender? I think so. You are sounding like one of those Clowney critics right now.