CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
NAGamecockFan
taylorssc
Gamecocks321
GarnetSwarm1990
doubledribble
Lonnie
Cocks N Stuff
johnnyb
El Cid Ranger
So Disappointed With (1910)
Rank the QBs under S (1418)
Back like cooked cra (1002)
Tennessee game (664)
Who start on the d l (626)
No Comments on the H (480)
Google finally gets (471)
lack of production= (377)
Squats (356)
NFL: CHARGERS @ BRON (172)
Why I think we beat Aubur
2014 Ultimate Tailgate --
So Disappointed With The
SEC Debate: Best candidat
Rank the QBs under Spurri
7 on 7 flag football bloc
Thoughts on the basketbal
Back like cooked crack
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Ranking Top HC jobs in SE

Old 03-12-2014, 08:00 PM   #21
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 380
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Brent Musburger named lead annoucner on SEC network

This is awful. Musburger is one of the dumbest and most annoying announcers out there. He has no clue of what's going on and just overhypes name players, no matter who thy play for. I get annoyed by him, even if I like the player he is drooling all over.
Old 03-12-2014, 08:14 PM   #22
scfanz
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
scfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot material

Actually I'm ok with Musburger, Palmer is the one I'm not sold on.

The addition of Paul Finnebaum is horrible.
scfanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 08:52 PM   #23
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

Rather have Brent than Verne

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 08:53 PM   #24
athenscock2
Blue Chip

Male

athenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talons

If he mentions climpson someone needs to throw his sorry ### off the upper deck.
athenscock2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 08:59 PM   #25
GarnetSwarm1990
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 738
GarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudly

Sh*t....I hate Musburger. He is a terrible commentator. He spends more time talking about how great everyone on the field is than he does talking about the game. Only other commentator I hate listening to more is Gus Johnson.

Musburger is only good for one thing, that drinking game about him.
GarnetSwarm1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 09:09 PM   #26
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

Brent and Kirk had great chemistry. I understand why they chose to keep Kirk as the lead announcer for ABC/ESPN but would be nice to have had him on the SEC play by play. At least Palmer is pro Spurrier & SEC.
Old 03-12-2014, 09:55 PM   #27
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 200
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetSwarm1990 View Post
Sh*t....I hate Musburger. He is a terrible commentator. He spends more time talking about how great everyone on the field is than he does talking about the game. Only other commentator I hate listening to more is Gus Johnson.

Leave, get outta here
Old 03-12-2014, 09:59 PM   #28
USCremedy
This your bush?

Male

CockyCash: 2300
USCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot material

They can't all be Mike Tirico, best in the biz.

USCremedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 10:09 PM   #29
CockyCody
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 350
CockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talons

Brent Musteatabooger should have been put out in the pasture years ago. He is more than annoying. Him and Verne are about on the same level.
CockyCody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 10:19 PM   #30
M.C.
The original "Mastercock"

Male

CockyCash: 200
M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.

there is worse out there

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 10:23 PM   #31
B-G
Bowl MVP

Male

B-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina4Life View Post
Brent and Kirk had great chemistry. I understand why they chose to keep Kirk as the lead announcer for ABC/ESPN but would be nice to have had him on the SEC play by play. At least Palmer is pro Spurrier & SEC.
Kirk is pro SEC too.

All other fans of teams hate him because they call him an "SEC Homer"
B-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 10:25 PM   #32
brat
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100500
brat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot material

Gone to several SEC school sites and the general opinion is they are similar to what you see here. A very few like it and most are either unenthusiastic about it or downright don't like it.

That is where I fall. Brent Businburner should broadcast dog shows. My least favorite broadcaster. Palmer is about exciting as your average doorknob. Verne and Gary could still dance circles around those two and they are very near the end of their run.

Too bad we could not hire a Keith Jackson in his prime.

Hope like heck they can find some good, young local talent. Mike Morgan???
Heck, Tim Brando would be better than Brent, and he is a SEC fan.

Better have some talent for sideline reporters to make the broadcasts bearable.
Old 03-12-2014, 11:42 PM   #33
gamecockphan
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 2200
gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material

Quote:

Gus is the hate. Please get that dude away from calling soccer matches. Fox just needs to admit they made a bad hire. The guy is not cut out for soccer.
gamecockphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 12:17 AM   #34
SC Sandlapper
Mr. 10,000

Male

CockyCash: 1650
SC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot material

BM is a top tier PBP guy but how many times have we heard him wax poetic about the Esso Club and swoon over the Buckeyes. Because of all that I am surprised by the choice, but I think SEC fans will accept him if he gets religion about our conference, and I predict when he's latched onto the SEC teat that will happen.

By the same token Finebaum has been such a fingers-on-the-chalkboard guy for so long he is going to have to lose his obvious slant toward Bama and the SEC-W to be less than infuriating.

I'm for giving them both an open mind and see how they do.
SC Sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 02:39 AM   #35
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

This is one level above the CBS crew.
Old 03-13-2014, 04:18 AM   #36
boowilliam4
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 400
boowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talons

dang, I was hoping to hear pollack and palmer every game
Old 03-13-2014, 04:43 AM   #37
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockjay View Post
Huge demotion on a personal level.... Bet he is PO'd
He probably perceives it that way. But in reality, the SEC Network is going to be huge. This thing is going to blow up in popularity in the southeast. Maybe once he becomes a regular SEC announcer and starts watching our games he will begin to see why the SEC is the best football conference with the best and most passionate fans ... even over the B10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scfanz View Post
Actually I'm ok with Musburger, Palmer is the one I'm not sold on.

The addition of Paul Finnebaum is horrible.
Palmer's redeeming quality is that Clemson people hate him. Isn't he the one that got them all flustered because he mispronounced Dabo? He was saying Dawbow. He said some other things that really got them into an uproar. Maybe somebody remembers what it was. Because of it, there was a petition to ESPN by Clempson fans to ban Palmer from broadcasting Clemson games. Very amusing.

Finnebaum is an unmitigated disaster. Alabama fans hate him because he is constantly lying and starting things. He is not considered an Alabama homer by any means in Alabama. He is like MORON except also with a call-in radio show where he tries to create friction and controversy to boost his ratings.

Shaq Attack

Last edited by yazoo; 03-13-2014 at 04:54 AM.
yazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 07:21 AM   #38
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnet Gamecock View Post
Katherine Webb better hurry up and post that restraining order on Brent!
She probably thanks him every day for that 30 seconds he brought her up that night... Made her some serious $$$
Old 03-13-2014, 07:23 AM   #39
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:

Gus is the freakin man! So miss him doing March Madness!
Old 03-13-2014, 08:08 AM   #40
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by kick_ball View Post
I think its funny how people swear broadcasters always love their rivals but hate their own team
Charles Barkley hates Alabama.
HeadCockFan is online now   Reply With Quote