CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > iCocky

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
IBleedGarnetandBlack
The Yancey
peterlemon
Kyle76
18IsTheMan
bcolinc
zcoop
Cockypantherfan
WeStillOwnUSC
garnet_black215
The Demise of the 3- (2263)
East Carolina Predic (1536)
Why didn't Wes Green (1201)
A&M on 3rd down (600)
You guys are horribl (587)
Did we ever go after (517)
Finally Cooled Off (508)
louisville (461)
It's the offenses no (389)
MLS almost ready for (231)
Uniform thread
USC vs. Texas A&M Pre
NFL: Packers @ Seahawks(m
NFL: Saints @ Falcons(ml
NFL: Vikings @ Rams(ml &a
NFL: Browns @ Steelers(ml
NFL: Jaguars @ Eagles(ml
NFL: Raiders @ Jets(ml &a
whats up with Mike?
Name a Gamecock

Old 03-12-2014, 01:37 PM   #41
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 101109992
diehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPit
Default Re: Titanfall

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc_yogi View Post
Nice article. The writer makes it seem like Titanfall is the video game for the sort of people who like everyone getting participation trophies and for people who think teeball games should always end in a tie.
Actually, the article is spot on, even if it doesn't touch on all of the reasons that both hardcore FPS vets and n00bs alike will enjoy the game.

An example from my own gaming experience and that of one of my LIVE friends. I play FPS's almost exclusively...aside from the occasional sports game, if I'm online, that's what I'm playing. So I'm fine with as steep a learning curve as you want to throw at me.

My LIVE buddy absolutely loves FPS's......but he absolutely SUCKS at them. So he'll get all excited about the new CoD or BF game, buy it, get destroyed for a few hours, then quit and never play it again. He's just not very good at them...no twitch skillz.

Titanfall remedies that, as the article states. In addition to being able to call in a titan and roam around death-dealing, there are also quite a few NPCs to shoot at. They are not hard to kill and they give you a bit of XP...and in Attrition mode (deathmatch) they are essential to winning. So even if you get pwned by most human players you run into, you can still feel like you're accomplishing something by killing the bots.

And you lose nothing as a n00b by letting the hardcore players do their thing and duke it out.

It really is a GREAT formula. Awesome game.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

diehardgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 01:50 PM   #42
ultimatetailgater
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
ultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to ultimatetailgater

Info and ranks for Prestige levels
http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/2...restige-guide/

ultimatetailgater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 02:58 PM   #43
usc_yogi
Blue Chip

Male

usc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardgamecock View Post
Actually, the article is spot on, even if it doesn't touch on all of the reasons that both hardcore FPS vets and n00bs alike will enjoy the game.

An example from my own gaming experience and that of one of my LIVE friends. I play FPS's almost exclusively...aside from the occasional sports game, if I'm online, that's what I'm playing. So I'm fine with as steep a learning curve as you want to throw at me.

My LIVE buddy absolutely loves FPS's......but he absolutely SUCKS at them. So he'll get all excited about the new CoD or BF game, buy it, get destroyed for a few hours, then quit and never play it again. He's just not very good at them...no twitch skillz.

Titanfall remedies that, as the article states. In addition to being able to call in a titan and roam around death-dealing, there are also quite a few NPCs to shoot at. They are not hard to kill and they give you a bit of XP...and in Attrition mode (deathmatch) they are essential to winning. So even if you get pwned by most human players you run into, you can still feel like you're accomplishing something by killing the bots.

And you lose nothing as a n00b by letting the hardcore players do their thing and duke it out.

It really is a GREAT formula. Awesome game.

I didn't mean the game itself is for noobs. There is plenty of stuff for the hardcore FPS player. Like you are saying, the people who just aren't good can get the feeling of accomplishment, hence it does cater to the participation trophy crowd.
usc_yogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 03:38 PM   #44
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

diehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPit

Quote:
I didn't mean the game itself is for noobs. There is plenty of stuff for the hardcore FPS player. Like you are saying, the people who just aren't good can get the feeling of accomplishment, hence it does cater to the participation trophy crowd.
Yeah, we're on the same page. I didn't take any offense at your comment..just used it as a jumping off point.

Old 03-12-2014, 06:42 PM   #45
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

IGN final review. Scored an 8.9. http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/...ource=facebook

Order Of The Spur
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 09:12 PM   #46
Order 66
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Go to hear that the servers are holding up. Maybe they learned their lesson with BF4. The smaller player base might be helping as well since they can devote their time only to PC and Xbone. It will be interesting to see how different the 360 version is when it releases.
Battlefield 4 has a lot more going on that Titanfall. ...imagine 32 player Titanfall madness.
Old 03-12-2014, 09:15 PM   #47
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 66 View Post
Battlefield 4 has a lot more going on that Titanfall. ...imagine 32 player Titanfall madness.
Yeah...but they're two totally different games. I'm a BF guy, but I'm not sure it's fair to compare them.

Fwiw, I think the 6v6 formula works pretty well in titanfall.

Old 03-12-2014, 09:17 PM   #48
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yancey View Post
I can't get on board with him knocking the game types (I think there's plenty to keep us interested..and they're all done well and very fun..even deathmatch, which i typically loathe) or complaining about the lack of split screen (I couldn't possibly care any less about the "omission" of a feature), but overall I thought the review was pretty fair.

Thanks for the link.

Old 03-12-2014, 09:53 PM   #49
usc_yogi
Blue Chip

Male

usc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudly

With the game being in the honeymoon phase, most people are loving it. How long before the community ruins it? What potential weapons or tactics do you think people will try to exploit?
Old 03-12-2014, 09:56 PM   #50
Order 66
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
With the game being in the honeymoon phase, most people are loving it. How long before the community ruins it? What potential weapons or tactics do you think people will try to exploit?
S M A R T P I S T O L
Old 03-13-2014, 09:11 AM   #51
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
The community doesn't ruin every game.

Old 03-13-2014, 09:14 AM   #52
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 66 View Post
S M A R T P I S T O L
You really think so? I don't like it. I think it's under rather than overpowered...yes, it can lock on for a one shot kill, but not in a showdown...a carbine or even the semi-auto rifle should win that battle every time. You can one-shot people that aren't looking, but is that any different than wasting them with anything else?

Old 03-13-2014, 09:27 AM   #53
ultimatetailgater
Bowl MVP

Male

ultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot material

If you run into more than 1 pilot at a time with smart pistol you're dead with most other weapons you'd at least have a chance.

Old 03-13-2014, 09:34 AM   #54
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatetailgater View Post
If you run into more than 1 pilot at a time with smart pistol you're dead with most other weapons you'd at least have a chance.
Hmmmmm....I will have to keep an eye on that. I haven't had any problems facing the smart pistol yet.

Old 03-13-2014, 09:58 AM   #55
ultimatetailgater
Bowl MVP

Male

Quote:
Hmmmmm....I will have to keep an eye on that. I haven't had any problems facing the smart pistol yet.

Ya, probably didn't word that well. I meant if you're carrying the pistol and you run into a group of people you're dead. But if you were using the carbine or smc you'd have a chance. It would be pretty much impossible to get 2 full locks with smart pistol against 2 people.

Old 03-13-2014, 10:02 AM   #56
usc_yogi
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
The community doesn't ruin every game.

A large portion of the TF base are people coming from COD. If it is cheap and exploitable, it is going to happen as soon as it hits Youtube.

From what I have watched, I haven't really seen anyone get killed in a head-to-head battle with the smart pistol. Those that I've seen get killed by it have always been shot in the back or just never saw the guy with the smart pistol.
Old 03-13-2014, 10:06 AM   #57
ultimatetailgater
Bowl MVP

Male

From what I've seen so far on the PC side this game is far better coded than BF4. Hits actually register, you don't die 5 sec after running around a wall because the hitscan is soo far off and behind.

Old 03-13-2014, 01:09 PM   #58
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Ya, probably didn't word that well. I meant if you're carrying the pistol and you run into a group of people you're dead. But if you were using the carbine or smc you'd have a chance. It would be pretty much impossible to get 2 full locks with smart pistol against 2 people.
Ah...lol...gotcha.

Yes, you're correct...smart pistol vs. multiple enemies = instant death...unless they're all facing the other way. :)

Old 03-13-2014, 01:12 PM   #59
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
From what I've seen so far on the PC side this game is far better coded than BF4. Hits actually register, you don't die 5 sec after running around a wall because the hitscan is soo far off and behind.
The engine handles projectiles far differently than BF4. I agree that it's annoying to get killed after reaching cover, but there are tradeoffs.

Old 03-13-2014, 08:25 PM   #60
Metalrush24
Pro aris et focis

Male

CockyCash: 27359704
Metalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot material

I really enjoy the game.

However, I think it's rediculous that it doesn't have a split-screen multiplayer option(from what I can tell). Honestly, that makes me pretty upset because the response from the dev makes them sound redicilously lazy and applying weak data to gamers as a whole saying that not many people use it. I hate that the video game industry is moving towards that style of play. Especially since not many of my friends have the X1 and therefore they would just come over and play. My girlfriend actually wanted to play as well, but I guess we'll just have to take turns. It's sad that super Mario is more tangibly social than a state of the art game.

Annnnnd that's pretty much my only complaint. I guess I just hadn't realised there was no co-op multiplayer.