CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
kingoftheroost
b381l
Gamecocks1137
GoldenSpur7
Cockypantherfan
Yearofthegamecock
Badazcock
ReadR00ster
gamecockgal
Pw00132
Polls (3691)
Gameday Sign Ideas (3111)
Gameday in Columbia (3094)
Clem5on fans are bes (2480)
Dylan Thompson's pas (1762)
ST coach fired this (1590)
SEC East Race as of (1499)
Let's talk about Mat (1095)
Hardest Schedule (1041)
UK fans and local sp (884)
2015 Commitment - Mon Den
Gameday Sign Ideas
UK fans and local sports
SEC East Race as of 9/21
So, um, yeah the NFL over
More David Williams Pleas
ST coach fired this week
Name a Gamecock
Dylan Thompson's passing
Celebrity Guest Picker...

Old 03-07-2014, 01:04 AM   #41
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 200
4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: 2015 - Davon Durant

keep in good graces with greenwood. lets get this guy with pittman. awesome lb core for 15
4gamecockfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 10:23 PM   #42
rrsandersjr
Blue Chip

Male

rrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his comb

Word here in Greenwood is that it's us with a big lead and everybody else a distant second. He's also good friends with Marquavious(Quay) Lewis which can only help us with both players.
rrsandersjr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 11:39 PM   #43
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 94340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsandersjr View Post
Word here in Greenwood is that it's us with a big lead and everybody else a distant second. He's also good friends with Marquavious(Quay) Lewis which can only help us with both players.
Who else has offered him?

-Abo Swinney, April 23, 2014

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...steve-spurrier
MWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 12:49 AM   #44
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWard View Post
Who else has offered him?
nobody.....he has a 92 rating and is a 4* player
6'2" 240....all 6 predictions are for us.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 02:22 PM   #45
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

We placed him and SC is where he wanted to go out of HS so I would say we are very much in the drivers seat.
USCBASEBALL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 02:47 PM   #46
rrsandersjr
Blue Chip

Male

rrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his comb

Per Kornblut,
Durant talks to USC Monday and Gamecocks are very strong with him

March 10, 2014 by Phil Kornblut Leave a Comment

Da’Von Durant
Former Greenwood and Shrine Bowl LB Da’Von Durant now attends Butler Junior College in Kansas where he helped the Grizzlies finish sixth nationally last season. He is on track to graduate in December and will have three years to play two. And it appears now he will spend those years at USC.
Durant has offers from USC, Clemson, NC State and Ole Miss. He’s also drawing interest from LSU, Florida State, Georgia, Arkansas and Tennessee. But he was strong on the Gamecocks coming out of high school and that hasn’t changed.
Durant talked on the phone Monday with USC recruiter Kirk Botkin. “We’ve got a good relationship and we talk a lot,” Durant said. “He’s very interested and I’m very interested in them. I really like them a lot. I liked them coming out of high school and still feel that way. I’m leaning that way. It’s a good fit there. I don’t have a number two. Carolina is definitely at the top and everybody else is about the same.”
Durant said Botkin is coming out to visit him after USC’s spring game. Durant goes on spring break Friday but is staying in Kansas. He won’t be able to visit USC or anywhere else until the summer.
Durant said his academics look good and should have no problem finishing up in December and enrolling in January. He’s the third junior college player with South Carolina roots being recruited by USC. The other two are DE Marquavius Lewis, Durant’s former teammate at Greenwood, who is now at Hutchinson JC, KS, and DL DJ Jones of East Mississippi JC who was Durant’s Shrine Bowl teammate following his senior season at Wren.
rrsandersjr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 03:41 PM   #47
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 500
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsandersjr View Post
I have a feeling we get both.
Wonder if they can help with Chalmers.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 03:43 PM   #48
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBASEBALL1 View Post
We placed him and SC is where he wanted to go out of HS so I would say we are very much in the drivers seat.
We could have nasty group coming in with Durant, Marquavius, Dante Sawyer and D.J. Jones.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 03:46 PM   #49
athenscock2
Blue Chip

Male

athenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talons

That is shaping up nicely. Hope they stay on track to graduate and enroll early. Best of all, it solves dumbo's juco problem. Hopefully, Climpson won't get Lewis or Jones. Problem solved dumbo.
athenscock2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 03:48 PM   #50
Gamecockfanatic4
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 4567500
Gamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gamecockfanatic4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post
I have a feeling we get both.
Wonder if they can help with Chalmers.
I think we have a fairly comfortable lead with Chalmers already despite what he is saying in interviews

Gamecockfanatic4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 04:19 PM   #51
mick66
Starter

Male

mick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBASEBALL1 View Post
For some reason I was thinking Georgia placed him, but I must be mixing him up with someone else. Staley maybe?
Physically, Durant looked SEC ready by his last year in HS. Would be a great addition.
mick66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 12:46 PM   #52
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post
We could have nasty group coming in with Durant, Marquavius, Dante Sawyer and D.J. Jones.
That is definitely some serious serious talent in that group.
USCBASEBALL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 06:26 PM   #53
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Dude dominated the Shrine Bowl, can't wait to see him in action here.
Old 04-02-2014, 12:14 AM   #54
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
If linebacker Davon Durant of Butler (Kan.) Community College had been a qualifier out of Greenwood High, he may very well be starting for South Carolina right now. The 6-foot-2, 240-pound Durant was one of the better at his position in the southeast and was impressive during the Shrine Bowl of the Carolinas his senior year. The Gamecocks placed him and have an excellent shot at getting him back. Durant is the top linebacker in 2015 from the junior college ranks according to 247Sports. Mangus is his recruiter of record and 100 percent of the Crystal Ball predictions are in for USC.
Link: http://southcarolina.247sports.com/A...0-JUCOS-183603

Quote:
After passing up an offer to Marshall to enroll at El Dorado (Kans.) Butler Community College, Davon Durant has emerged as the early No. 1 linebacker prospect in the juco ranks, and could very well end up at South Carolina, the program that placed him out of Greenwood (S.C.) high school.
Link: http://247sports.com/Article/Jovon-R...or-2015-183579

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 12:54 AM   #55
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Durant looking at early May commitment

By Phil Kornblut
March 31, 2014

LB Da’Von Durant of Butler JC, KS began his spring practice Monday. His spring game is set for May 9th. Soon after that, Durant plans to make a commitment. Right now he’s pointed towards USC and there’s doesn’t appear much can get in the Gamecocks’ way with the Greenwood native. ‘

Durant talked Monday with Gamecock recruiter and linebackers coach Kirk Botkin. “He was just pretty much keeping in touch,” Durant said. “Coach Botkin is the only one (recruiter) I talk to all the time. It’s South Carolina, definitely, right now. I’m pretty much set but I’m just waiting to see what comes. I’ll be 100% after spring ball.”

And Durant said his grades are good and not an issue with him moving forward with a decision.

He recently picked up offers from Utah State and Washington State and said Alabama has been “on me pretty hard.” Clemson has also offered but he’s not heard from recruiter Brent Venables in some time.

Durant also has offers from Ole Miss and NC State.
http://www.gogamecocks.com/2014/03/3...on=gogamecocks

Sounds good to me!
Old 04-02-2014, 09:21 AM   #56
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
That's what I was wondering, Durant is rated really high on 247, but we are listed as his only offer. I was wondering who else had offered.

Old 04-02-2014, 09:28 AM   #57
GarnetArmy07
Legen...DARY

Male

CockyCash: 1101221
GarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot material

Quote:
That's what I was wondering, Durant is rated really high on 247, but we are listed as his only offer. I was wondering who else had offered.
A lot of schools like UGA, UF etc backed off bc they knew he wasn't gonna qualify. He always wanted a USC offer and he's gonna get one if he has his grades in check. I think he'll be a part of this class.
GarnetArmy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 08:54 AM   #58
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

PK said he's going to commit to SC on Tuesday!

#1 JUCO ILB, 4 Star, 92 rating on 247sports. However, he said he's going to play OLB this upcoming season in a 3-4 scheme. He is on track to graduate in December, enroll in January and will have 3 years to play 2.

http://247sports.com/Player/Davon-Durant-18536

Old 04-18-2014, 09:07 AM   #59
Coondog
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Coondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot material

Quote:
PK said he's going to commit to SC on Tuesday!

#1 JUCO ILB, 4 Star, 92 rating on 247sports. However, he said he's going to play OLB this upcoming season in a 3-4 scheme. He is on track to graduate in December, enroll in January and will have 3 years to play 2.

http://247sports.com/Player/Davon-Durant-18536
This is great news! Considering that Ward will be using the 3-4 a lot this season and in the future he can be a immediate impact player.
Coondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 09:12 AM   #60
SR4-AJ1
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 9708333
SR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudly

I was excited about this kid during his normal recruiting cycle and am still really pumped about him. Loves to bring the boom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk