CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Fowl Shots

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
thumpin big
U-Dub Gamecock
b381l
smoovecock
GregoryHouse
Transmaniacon
markymark550
rosstheboss
STEPHONGILMOREFAN!
2014 Charleston Clas (3471)
Spurrier on Pharoah: (2290)
**USC Women vs. San (2221)
The Defense (2174)
Women's soccer Sweet (1683)
3,000 / 1,000 / 1,00 (1247)
USC/clemson spread (1006)
In case no one saw.. (903)
injury report? (779)
Odell Becham Catch (458)
Spurrier on Pharoah: &quo
RG3 - Struggles Not Getti
2015 Commitment - Marquav
2014 Cleveland Browns
USC/clemson spread
Texans getting frustrated
Dylan Thompson surpasses
Huge recruiting weekend
2014 Charleston Classic:
Odell Becham Catch

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2014, 07:34 PM   #441
qcgamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
qcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Frank Martin has been Suspended 1 Game...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBC View Post
I'm not concerned about any kids. What they think or want. What they would do if they ran a multi-million dollar operation. I'm talking about the adults involved. Maybe that's why you're having so much trouble dealing with the actual facts and literal history. You don't even know what the issue is yet.

*And you may have noticed that we won, Notice had his best game ever as a Gamecock and at no time did Frank Martin need to scream at one of his players that he was a stupid MFing asshole AT NO TIME DID MARTIN CALL ANYONE STUPID, he called him a f'cking ahole and I don't know the issue while standing on the court in the Georgia Dome in front of the entire SEC during a major university sanctioned sporting event that was televised all over the country.

He was somehow able to coach them up, hold them accountable, get them to play hard, correct their mistakes and win the game all without embarrassing himself, team, family, players, University, etc.
I know the issue, I like Martin am concerned for the kids and that would be the only reason to worry about his latest actions!!! If you are worried about what others around the country think about Coach Martin unless it is a young man he is recruiting then no one gives a flying crap, for the record a who is who of basketball didn't think he embarrassed himself, team, family, players, University, etc. So you run a multi million dollar business not worrying about the folks whom you bring in for folks to pay money to see, genius! So tell me what the issue is so an idiot like me can understand all you adults.
So Martin gets suspended for his actions during a game for actions towards Notice and Notice follows it up with his 3 best games as a collegiate athlete, genius! So Coach Martin and his team win by 16 and he does not berate or yell
Old 03-13-2014, 07:47 PM   #442
qcgamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

qcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCohioBoy View Post
Weeks later and people still don't get it, it's not the cursing, it's calling kids MFers and such. I still can't figure out why people think it is cursing in general. It's simple stop calling kids MFers and Dumba55es
Yeah stop calling them names you might hurt some feelings, it is not like they will not be called worse in life! It teaches a kid to let what others say roll off there back, play without emotion, turn the other cheek, take criticism, tougher, words are words and if you let them get to you while you are younger they can hold you back your entire life! I do not disagree with the suspension or the folks who don't like the cursing at players but I do disagree with folks labeling Coach Martin and making this more than it is, some wealthy alumni who do not want kids/fans to hear these words while attending a game, noble!
A great coach once said "Be more concerned with character than your reputation, because your character is who you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think of you" John Wooden
Old 03-13-2014, 07:53 PM   #443
TwoNotch Dreams
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
TwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
Mrs. Martin, is that you?
Mrs. Horn, how you been?
Old 03-13-2014, 08:29 PM   #444
SCohioBoy
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 999760
SCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by qcgamecock View Post
Yeah stop calling them names you might hurt some feelings, it is not like they will not be called worse in life! It teaches a kid to let what others say roll off there back, play without emotion, turn the other cheek, take criticism, tougher, words are words and if you let them get to you while you are younger they can hold you back your entire life! I do not disagree with the suspension or the folks who don't like the cursing at players but I do disagree with folks labeling Coach Martin and making this more than it is, some wealthy alumni who do not want kids/fans to hear these words while attending a game, noble!
A great coach once said "Be more concerned with character than your reputation, because your character is who you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think of you" John Wooden
So you are cool if your boss calls you a mfer?

I think this thread has run its course.
Old 03-13-2014, 08:43 PM   #445
bobbycock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
bobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his comb

sounds like a lot of people were verbally abused and never realized it...and were comfortable with it. but if i knew i was going to work for someone who would call me names the way Coach Martin does to his players, I would seek other employment opportunities.
Old 03-13-2014, 09:46 PM   #446
LBC
2nd Team All-American

Male

LBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by qcgamecock View Post
I know the issue, I like Martin am concerned for the kids and that would be the only reason to worry about his latest actions!!! If you are worried about what others around the country think about Coach Martin unless it is a young man he is recruiting then no one gives a flying crap, for the record a who is who of basketball didn't think he embarrassed himself, team, family, players, University, etc. So you run a multi million dollar business not worrying about the folks whom you bring in for folks to pay money to see, genius! So tell me what the issue is so an idiot like me can understand all you adults.
So Martin gets suspended for his actions during a game for actions towards Notice and Notice follows it up with his 3 best games as a collegiate athlete, genius! So Coach Martin and his team win by 16 and he does not berate or yell
Oh that's right...the last time he was forced to publically apologize...waaayyy back about a month and a half ago...he actually only screamed that Brenton Williams was a '****ing Idiot!!!!' and not simply 'Stupid'. How could I have been so far off?

You didn't happen to actually graduate from the University of South Carolina did you?
Old 03-13-2014, 09:54 PM   #447
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

CockyCash: 219000
GamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot material

Quote:
Oh that's right...the last time he was forced to publically apologize...waaayyy back about a month and a half ago...he actually only screamed that Brenton Williams was a '****ing Idiot!!!!' and not simply 'Stupid'. How could I have been so far off?

You didn't happen to actually graduate from the University of South Carolina did you?
Why are you commenting on this thread now, we just scored two huge wins, quit talking about old news

for willy
Old 03-13-2014, 10:06 PM   #448
BigRedCock
↓Little Marcus Lattimore↓

Male

CockyCash: 1700
BigRedCock rules the CockPitBigRedCock rules the CockPitBigRedCock rules the CockPitBigRedCock rules the CockPitBigRedCock rules the CockPitBigRedCock rules the CockPitBigRedCock rules the CockPitBigRedCock rules the CockPitBigRedCock rules the CockPitBigRedCock rules the CockPitBigRedCock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbycock View Post
sounds like a lot of people were verbally abused and never realized it...and were comfortable with it. but if i knew i was going to work for someone who would call me names the way Coach Martin does to his players, I would seek other employment opportunities.
good thing you didn't play sports for SC!!!
Did you ever play sports?!?!? Were you any good??? If not, don't comment on coach/player relationship threads.
Have you ever had someone challenge you in your business/industry? And if your business was being physical and overpowering your competition….would you want someone to pump you up? If you don't win…you don't eat! Frank's players love him. You can leave Fowl Shots.
Pu$$ies go to Clemson to go Tigers
Old 03-13-2014, 11:20 PM   #449
Spurrier_Superior_One
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

While the PC people on here were applauding the suspension of Coach Martin, the players have been playing and winning for Coach Martin. If the players were really hurt by FM they would have just laid down and died in the first round game of the tourney, guess what they didn't they knew that FM was mistreated and were not going to quit on their coach.
Old 03-13-2014, 11:48 PM   #450
TwoNotch Dreams
Blue Chip

Male

TwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier_Superior_One View Post
While the PC people on here were applauding the suspension of Coach Martin, the players have been playing and winning for Coach Martin. If the players were really hurt by FM they would have just laid down and died in the first round game of the tourney, guess what they didn't they knew that FM was mistreated and were not going to quit on their coach.
Apparently they didn't get the memo that we need to hire someone who's more sensitive and caring toward our players feelings. :(
Old 03-14-2014, 12:22 AM   #451
qcgamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCohioBoy View Post
So you are cool if your boss calls you a mfer?

I think this thread has run its course.
I feel very lucky to say I've had several great bosses in my life, my father and Mike Zinna were invaluable mentors and examples as well as bosses in my life. I learned more from them both of them than any classroom I had the pleasure to sit in, they both cared deeply for my well being but still made me start at the bottom and work my way to the top of their respective companies. I've spent countless hours in offices alone with them both estimating construction, negotiating schedules, budgets and salaries thinking my name was m'fer and counting the money all the way to the bank!
Old 03-14-2014, 12:27 AM   #452
qcgamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:

Williams did something idiotic, Martin let him know it so he would not do it again, but he is not stupid and Coach Martin did not say he nor Notice is or was!
Old 03-14-2014, 12:27 AM   #453
spareparts
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedCock View Post
good thing you didn't play sports for SC!!!
Did you ever play sports?!?!? Were you any good??? If not, don't comment on coach/player relationship threads.
Have you ever had someone challenge you in your business/industry? And if your business was being physical and overpowering your competition….would you want someone to pump you up? If you don't win…you don't eat! Frank's players love him. You can leave Fowl Shots.
Pu$$ies go to Clemson to go Tigers
Complete and total failure of a post in every imaginable way.

You basically implied that Ray Tanner's a loser who never played sports and doesn't know how to challenge people and whose players don't love him and couldn't pump up his players to overpower another team physically

Good God what a crock of catshit post
Old 03-14-2014, 05:39 AM   #454
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 996351
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
Complete and total failure of a post in every imaginable way.

You basically implied that Ray Tanner's a loser who never played sports and doesn't know how to challenge people and whose players don't love him and couldn't pump up his players to overpower another team physically

Good God what a crock of catshit post
I just think we as fans need to shut the f**k up and let Frank do his job.
Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Old 03-14-2014, 06:48 AM   #455
Spur's Addiction
Been caught moddin'...

Male

Spur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot material

Time to shut this one down. It's over and done with. What needs to be said has been said.

Time to move on. We are in the middle of a tournament and just won 2 games no one thought we would.