CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Fowl Shots

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Spurticus
Gamecocks1137
robgusc76
GregoryHouse
Master Bedroom
The Yancey
rioninusc
qcgamecock
Travelin
B-G
Connor to be backup? (1880)
Greatest Gamecock Pl (863)
Carolina ranked #21 (646)
Gotta get Agent 0 go (583)
Miami Beach Bowl Thr (506)
Greatest Gamecock Pl (383)
Greatest Gamecock Pl (353)
Greatest Gamecock Pl (311)
Most Impactful Peopl (290)
How would a man writ (254)
Greatest Gamecock Players
Connor to be backup?
aTm demolishes Kyle Field
The Vent and Coaching cha
Strength Of The SEC &
Miami Beach Bowl Thread
Most Impactful People Inv
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Greatest Gamecock Players
2016 - Brandon McIlwain

Old 03-13-2014, 08:30 PM   #481
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2014 SEC Tournament:**USC vs. Arkansas GAME Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallo Pazzesco View Post
lol, and you can bet that beard will not be shaved as long as we are winning.

I'm, glad to see him doing it. Whatever it takes and the kids must love it.

Tennessee is going to beat us to death under the boards, but it's been fun while it lasted.

Wait, nevermind, forget I typed that. #GoCocks! #BeattheVols!

Maybe our big men can do it again.
That is why they play the game right?
On paper, UT should pound us in the paint...right now, they are older, bigger and a little better and should win tomorrow.

But UCLA was supposed to beat us in baseball in 2010. Florida, with all its talent, was supposed to beat us in 2011.

Kentucky basketball should've beaten us this year on the hardwood..but Devan Downey said no. This years' team said not tonight.

So why not us?

(Side note: Yes, I do think UT wins tomorrow, but I'm going to be cheering my heart out and hoping I'm wrong as hell about it)

Like I said, if UT beats us, make sure they earn it.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 08:31 PM   #482
Metalrush24
Pro aris et focis

Male

CockyCash: 27359704
Metalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot material

Old 03-13-2014, 08:34 PM   #483
TwoNotch Dreams
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
TwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post
That is why they play the game right?
On paper, UT should pound us in the paint...right now, they are older, bigger and a little better and should win tomorrow.

But UCLA was supposed to beat us in baseball in 2010. Florida, with all its talent, was supposed to beat us in 2011.

Kentucky basketball should've beaten us this year on the hardwood..but Devan Downey said no. This years' team said not tonight.

So why not us?

(Side note: Yes, I do think UT wins tomorrow, but I'm going to be cheering my heart out and hoping I'm wrong as hell about it)

Like I said, if UT beats us, make sure they earn it.
We're playing with house money. We have nothing to lose. I'll admit that Tennesee is probably going to beat us, but crazier things have happend in a conference tournament game.

If we did win, we're definitely not getting past Florida.
TwoNotch Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 08:37 PM   #484
markp_vip
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 6001866
markp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
Not sure that is a good comparison...think his team won the conference this year and may be a 1 seed.

But regardless, none of that matters at this point. Martin is the coach and doing OK, steady improvement and the team seems more relaxed now. Can anyone tell me how we match up against UT?
Yep, and one thing is for sure, if we swapped conferences with Wichita State we probably wouldn't swap records, but no way they would be undefeated and we would be well above 500 IMO. No telling what Marshall would have done here, but Frank has us going in the right direction.
Recently the difference between Clemson and Carolina has become clear. While Irrational People Talk About Yesterday, The Rational Ones Orchestrate Success Today. So as they desperately cling to their history, we continue to make history day by day.
markp_vip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 08:40 PM   #485
Cocklover
Take Chances

Female

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Non Football Poster 
CockyCash: 1103858
Cocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cocklover

I get to make another game thread tomorrow...WOOOOOOOOOOOO!

9 games to go!!
Old 03-13-2014, 08:46 PM   #486
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

I love finishing strong! We have a team now with Notice, Kacinas, Chatkevicios, author we'll and Williams. Before, it was pretty much Sin and Brenton and then others grew into their current roles. We can play and win now but didn't know how to win earlier this season. I have seen the improvement gaining speed at the best time a team should.

Go Cocks!!!
Old 03-13-2014, 08:48 PM   #487
markp_vip
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 6001866
markp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdaddy66 View Post
I love finishing strong! We have a team now with Notice, Kacinas, Chatkevicios, author we'll and Williams. Before, it was pretty much Sin and Brenton and then others grew into their current roles. We can play and win now but didn't know how to win earlier this season. I have seen the improvement gaining speed at the best time a team should.

Go Cocks!!!
I've been pretty happy with the way Chats been developing. If he ever stops missing the gimmie layups he could be become a beast.
Recently the difference between Clemson and Carolina has become clear. While Irrational People Talk About Yesterday, The Rational Ones Orchestrate Success Today. So as they desperately cling to their history, we continue to make history day by day.
markp_vip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 08:48 PM   #488
GamecockMomSC
Sweet Carolina Girl

Female

CockyCash: 101194810
GamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot material

The main thing that worries me with TN is they will be fresh and it will be our third game. It could work in our favor because they might be rusty and we are on a roll. Regardless of the final score tomorrow, this team has made huge strides in the final stretch of this season. I hope they give us 40 minutes of great Gamecock basketball and leave it all on the court.
GamecockMomSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 08:54 PM   #489
rosstheboss
Diehard

Male

CockyCash: 461687660
rosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot material

Ut is one of the hottest teams in the country. They've been killing teams recently. Probably the only team I think could even challenge UF in the sec. It will be a huge test for sure.
Old 03-13-2014, 08:55 PM   #490
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114054578
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

The Man of Steele is the reason for the turnaround...perhaps
Old 03-13-2014, 09:01 PM   #491
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocklover View Post
I get to make another game thread tomorrow...WOOOOOOOOOOOO!

9 games to go!!
WOO HOO!!!!
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 09:08 PM   #492
kabercr2
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 900000
kabercr2 is developing his combkabercr2 is developing his combkabercr2 is developing his combkabercr2 is developing his combkabercr2 is developing his combkabercr2 is developing his combkabercr2 is developing his combkabercr2 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockUltimate View Post
If we won we would get a 30 for 30 for sure
Hell if won this thing Warner Brothers would make a motion picture.
kabercr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 09:09 PM   #493
Spurrier_Superior_One
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pty23 View Post
Why didn't we hire Marshall!?

Edit: Oh wait we won?
Unless the Vols or Bama wins the SEC, Wichita State played no one the Boise State of college hoops.
Spurrier_Superior_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 09:20 PM   #494
behindenemylines
Tater Edumacated

Male

behindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot material

Holy $*%&!!!! Just finished watching the dvr...amazing defense in the final minute. We needed it because we were 50% from the line. Amazing how this team has rallied.

He wasn't very tough, We were just missing tackles. - UGA safety Bacarri Rambo said

Y'all see 246. I see 300. - Latti

The ONLY disability in life is a bad attitude. - Matthew Jeffers
behindenemylines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 09:25 PM   #495
behindenemylines
Tater Edumacated

Male

behindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot material

Another thing that was cool was us just walkin off the court. No huge celebration. Just a quite confidence and a "Who's next attitude."

He wasn't very tough, We were just missing tackles. - UGA safety Bacarri Rambo said

Y'all see 246. I see 300. - Latti

The ONLY disability in life is a bad attitude. - Matthew Jeffers
behindenemylines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 09:31 PM   #496
B-G
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
B-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier_Superior_One View Post
Unless the Vols or Bama wins the SEC, Wichita State played no one the Boise State of college hoops.
And what if they go to the final four like they did last year?
B-G is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 09:40 PM   #497
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
I told my colleague this at work yesterday. We aren't big hoops fans but you can't ignore a story of 34-0. We will see how they'll do but I bet they run deep. Like us, they will have to win it all to get any respect.
Old 03-13-2014, 10:44 PM   #498
Garnet Devil
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 200
Garnet Devil is sharpening his clawsGarnet Devil is sharpening his clawsGarnet Devil is sharpening his clawsGarnet Devil is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regalcock View Post
The Man of Steele is the reason for the turnaround...perhaps
This one?

http://thetandd.com/news/pot-bellied...9bb2963f4.html

I don't know for sure. I was just asking. Great run for us to end the season regardless of the outcome.
Garnet Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 10:54 PM   #499
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

Quote:
But did they play people last year when they made it to the Final Four?

I'm guessing it was a fluke in your opinion..
Old 03-13-2014, 10:57 PM   #500
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-G View Post
And what if they go to the final four like they did last year?
They will have gotten lucky. Greg Marshall ins't a good coach and we were right in pursuing Darrin Horn instead of him. Every small college gets lucky and never achieves anything.

Obviously.