CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ConwayGamecock
Regalcock
Gamecocks1137
JerseyBird
thumpin big
smoovecock
b381l
markymark550
The Yancey
johnnyb
Constant Updates on (4243)
Brad Lawing (1783)
Garcia vs Clemson To (1356)
Carolina/Clemson gam (1039)
Palmetto Bowl (946)
Chattanooga upends N (848)
NEW Pics from South (554)
Where to watch in Ar (403)
Greenville for the C (321)
2014 Junkanoo Jam ** (270)
2014 Junkanoo Jam **USC W
Constant Updates on Watso
Alshon - Bose
**USC vs. UNC-Asheville G
Rivalry Thoughts and Pred
Bowl projections
Coaching Carousel 2014/15
Name a Gamecock
THE Vent and Coaching Cha
Where to watch in Arlingt

Old 02-20-2013, 10:52 AM   #61
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 840000
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad
Default Re: Olympian Oscar "Blade Runner" Pistorius Charged with Murdering his Girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 803scdantes View Post
Here's my thing- Your girlfriend is over at your house. You wake up in the middle of the night and think you hear an intruder. You don't tell your girlfriend there may be an intruder. You just blast in the direction of the sound. What person would do that?
I agree.

He said he was sleeping, heard the intruder in his bathroom, grabbed his gun and blasted away. Then he went back to bed and noticed his girlfriend wasn't there. The dude doesn't even know how to concoct a half-ass decent alibi. He also said he didn't have his legs on, but then he said when he found out it was her, he picked her up and ran downstairs.

Do they have the death penalty in S. Africa?
Old 02-20-2013, 10:55 AM   #62
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76
Default Re: Olympian Oscar "Blade Runner" Pistorius Charged with Murdering his Girlfriend

Quote:
Here's my thing- Your girlfriend is over at your house. You wake up in the middle of the night and think you hear an intruder. You don't tell your girlfriend there may be an intruder. You just blast in the direction of the sound. What person would do that?
Dude's full of crap.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:56 AM   #63
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

yeah honestly, whats the next excuse he or someone else could use, i knew it was my wife but i had a bad dream and was half asleep and thought she was a zombie.
crowcutta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:22 AM   #64
hellraiser24
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1373
hellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot material

Quote:
People that are mentally unstable with a high level of paranoia.
"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength" - Philippians 4:13

hellraiser24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:29 AM   #65
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 4058916
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

In his court appearance yesterday his lawyers ate the one detective alive on cross exam. He admitted no bloody cricket bat, her skull wasn't crushed, the witness that heard the argument was 600 meters away, that the steroids were legal herbal remedy. Another cop that was at the scene testified that the crime scene fit pistorius story.

I have two questions
1) how long where they living together?. Is it all possible he wasn't use to her being there?
2) what is the bullet trajectory? He said he was on his stumps and then put legs on before taking her downstairs

I tend to believe he is guilty right no but want to see more evidence in the case. Shooting in pitch black dark is against one of the main rules of gun safety. Know your target and what is beyond it.
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:40 AM   #66
hellraiser24
1st Team All-SEC

Male

hellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccured View Post
In his court appearance yesterday his lawyers ate the one detective alive on cross exam. He admitted no bloody cricket bat, her skull wasn't crushed, the witness that heard the argument was 600 meters away, that the steroids were legal herbal remedy. Another cop that was at the scene testified that the crime scene fit pistorius story.

I have two questions
1) how long where they living together?. Is it all possible he wasn't use to her being there?
2) what is the bullet trajectory? He said he was on his stumps and then put legs on before taking her downstairs

I tend to believe he is guilty right no but want to see more evidence in the case. Shooting in pitch black dark is against one of the main rules of gun safety. Know your target and what is beyond it.
This ESPN article will help answer your questions:
http://espn.go.com/olympics/trackand...way-police-say

This is the most interesting case I have seen in a while. Police are saying no inconsistencies in Oscar's story, and their key witness was four city blocks (over 2,000 feet) away from the house when he allegedly heard a verbal argument in the early morning of Valentine's Day. I just hope the jury can learn the truth from all of the evidence, because I am having a hard time deciding if he did it with intent or not.

Old 02-20-2013, 11:47 AM   #67
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material

^ Good article but keep in mind it's referencing the case laid out by the defense in hopes of getting him out on bail.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:15 PM   #68
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 113804578
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

Old 02-21-2013, 12:00 PM   #69
Lonnie
Band

Male

CockyCash: 500
Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Ok, things just officially got weird. Head investigator now charged with attempted murder and admits he contaminated the crime scene.

http://gawker.com/5985880/pistorius-...ating-lead-cop

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:13 PM   #70
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

Welcome to OJ Trail 2.0
Old 02-21-2013, 12:50 PM   #71
RoyalAir
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 400
RoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudly

I don't think this case has been reported very well from the beginning. Too many inconsistencies, and a lot of confusion.

I want to believe that this was a horrible, horrible mistake. But there's kind of a dearth of clear facts at the moment.

To answer an earlier question, no, South Africa does not have the death penalty.
RoyalAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 01:01 PM   #72
hellraiser24
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc90grad View Post
Welcome to OJ Trail 2.0
That is the feeling I have been getting from this case as well.

Old 02-21-2013, 04:34 PM   #73
Spur 'Em
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 480
Spur 'Em is developing his combSpur 'Em is developing his combSpur 'Em is developing his combSpur 'Em is developing his combSpur 'Em is developing his combSpur 'Em is developing his combSpur 'Em is developing his combSpur 'Em is developing his combSpur 'Em is developing his comb

If you noticed his official statement, he never denies killing her. He said he didn't intend to kill her.

Sounds like OJ, another killer may go free.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:39 PM   #74
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Anyone who claims to be a gun enthusiast as much as he does knows better than to put four rounds into a door without knowing who's behind it.

I call bullshit.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:04 PM   #75
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

Dude got out on bail. I'm surprised. But they took his legs, so he's not a flight risk.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:43 PM   #76
Schecter
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
Schecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot material

...Am I the only one who called him tink tink during the olympics?
Schecter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 06:45 PM   #77
Schecter
Banned

Male

Schecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot material

I guess he had to shoot her since he couldn't kick her to the curb.
Schecter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:11 PM   #78
gocockswyn
Starter

Female

CockyCash: 500
gocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccured View Post

I have two questions

If it is true that he shot her while she hid inside the bathroom...I will have a hard time believing this was an accidental shooting from mistaken identity. Due to the botched up crime scene we may never know the truth .
gocockswyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 09:15 PM   #79
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

Is anyone keeping up with this? The trial has been going on for about 9 days.

Check out this cool interactive graphic that explains both sides arguments.
http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/28/world/...l-interactive/

I just read up on the trial updates for the first time today. He's like their national hero over there so they actually have a channel dedicated to 24 hour coverage of it. To me just gut instinct it doesn't look too good for Pistorius. They have had witnesses come forward and attest to him being trigger happy. He once shot a gun out of the sunroof of a car going 100+ mph after an altercation with a police officer. He had an ex girlfriend testify that he was angry and would often yell. But they love him over there so who knows. A couple days ago when they were sharing gruesome crime scene details he completely lost it broke down crying and puking in the courtroom. He vomited again today when they accidentally flashed up pictures of her corpse meant to be shared later.

I also learned that South Africa does not have juries. His fate lies up to one judge.
ktguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 11:04 PM   #80
GoCCUChants
I'm the Foxy Man

Male

GoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot material

He doesn't have a leg to stand on.
GoCCUChants is offline   Reply With Quote