CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ucan'tlickourcocks
Badazcock
ReadR00ster
b381l
Gamecockswag
Gamecocks1137
cocksmith1or11
Regalcock
The Yancey
kingofnerf
Simple "yes&quo (711)
The Comeback & T (659)
ESPN Game Day Commen (654)
Bashing Players, coa (465)
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (451)
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLIN (451)
TeMarcus Blanton (387)
Phil Steele just pre (345)
Garcia: Change the R (196)
Wallpaper & Back (195)
Garcia: Change the Rules
Rank the QBs under Spurri
Ranking Top HC jobs in SE
ESPN Game Day Comments Re
Simple "yes" or
Bama @ Tennessee
Name a Gamecock
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Phil Steele just predicte
Who start on the d line t

Old 03-13-2014, 08:48 PM   #441
uscfreek88
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 243600
uscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot material
Default Re: ***2014 Carolina Panthers offseason/draft/season thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks321 View Post
My God there are so many whiners over on the Huddle.
and there are none here.......

all i read when Hurney was GM here was how terrible he was and how he was just giving away big contracts to ppl that dont deserve them

we hire a relative no name for GM.....ppl pissed about that.....GM goes out and signs a bunch of "rejects" to 1 year deals....ppl pissed about that.....and all they do is go out and produce

now GM is still trying to recover from the mess that was left to him, which obv means tough decisions, and yet everyone wants to whine about the fact that we cut a 35 year old WR who was overpaid.........sheesh

i almost wish the fans would get their way and when it comes to resigning to two faces of our franchise for the next decade, the fans will finally realize we dont have the cap space but we do still have a 37 year old WR
Old 03-13-2014, 09:14 PM   #442
theo_robbins
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
theo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscfreek88 View Post
and there are none here.......

all i read when Hurney was GM here was how terrible he was and how he was just giving away big contracts to ppl that dont deserve them

we hire a relative no name for GM.....ppl pissed about that.....GM goes out and signs a bunch of "rejects" to 1 year deals....ppl pissed about that.....and all they do is go out and produce

now GM is still trying to recover from the mess that was left to him, which obv means tough decisions, and yet everyone wants to whine about the fact that we cut a 35 year old WR who was overpaid.........sheesh

i almost wish the fans would get their way and when it comes to resigning to two faces of our franchise for the next decade, the fans will finally realize we dont have the cap space but we do still have a 37 year old WR
The thing I'm most upset about (besides being sad about Smitty leaving) is that we are getting rid of him for no real reason. He is still going to count $6 million against the cap, so we are really saving just $1 million here, right? Also, yeah, he was old, but he was by far our best WR last year, who do we have that's better? Who are we going to get that is better? We had our first good year (in forever) last year, and it seems like we are deciding to "rebuild" the offense as a followup, it's frustrating.
theo_robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 09:19 PM   #443
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 420000
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgusc76 View Post
A lot of his lack or production has to do with terrible play calling and the lack of a second receiver meaning Smith drew a lot of double coverage. Smith was the only big play receiver Carolina had, and he was an emotional receiver.

You can bill this as a business move all you want, but the fact that Gentlemen is going after Nicks, a receiver who he has a relationship with and honestly is a latteral move shows its much more than business. If the reports are true that the panthers never even tried to restructure, it was a personal move.
Bingo
Old 03-13-2014, 09:19 PM   #444
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 420000
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

With all these players leaving, it makes me wonder maybe Gettlemen is an ass towards all of them and not just Smith. Mass exodus.
Old 03-13-2014, 09:34 PM   #445
uscfreek88
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 243600
uscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by theo_robbins View Post
The thing I'm most upset about (besides being sad about Smitty leaving) is that we are getting rid of him for no real reason. He is still going to count $6 million against the cap, so we are really saving just $1 million here, right? Also, yeah, he was old, but he was by far our best WR last year, who do we have that's better? Who are we going to get that is better? We had our first good year (in forever) last year, and it seems like we are deciding to "rebuild" the offense as a followup, it's frustrating.

What about the cap hits his contract would have in 2015 and potentially 2016? Everyone just seems to not want to mention that

We were rebuilding last year, and we just had a good year, with the mess that gm was left with, tough decisions had to be made and he made them

This is the deepest wr draft in a long time and there still good FAs out there....if we still have Wrs like we do now when season starts then I will be upset.....but until then I will wait and see

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-13-2014, 10:41 PM   #446
Spurrier_Superior_One
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

^10 million in 2015 and 12 million in 2016. Smitty as much as I love him ain't worth that kind of money anymore
Spurrier_Superior_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 10:42 PM   #447
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 3896416
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Smith is a diva plain and simple. He is not a good for the locker room when things don't go his way. He is the best player in franchise history but that's just it, history. This had to be done for the future of the organization. Cam and Luke have to be the leaders going forward. His comments today about how there will be blood and guts all over the field next time proved he has no clue when to shut his mouth. He had good parting comments and had to keep running his mouth. He is one of those guys that fans love because his "fire" but everyone else gets tired of his act.
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 10:46 PM   #448
uscGRAD04
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier_Superior_One View Post
$15 million for 3 years, Captain was supposedly in tears about wanting to stay in Carolina.
Good luck Cap covering Megatron, Marshall and Alshon.
uscGRAD04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 10:57 PM   #449
Spurrier_Superior_One
Banned

Male

Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscGRAD04 View Post
Good luck Cap covering Megatron, Marshall and Alshon.
He is going to get absolutely smoked.
Old 03-13-2014, 11:04 PM   #450
gamecockphan
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 2200
gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccured View Post
Smith is a diva plain and simple. He is not a good for the locker room when things don't go his way. He is the best player in franchise history but that's just it, history. This had to be done for the future of the organization. Cam and Luke have to be the leaders going forward. His comments today about how there will be blood and guts all over the field next time proved he has no clue when to shut his mouth. He had good parting comments and had to keep running his mouth. He is one of those guys that fans love because his "fire" but everyone else gets tired of his act.
You're not putting any context to his comments. Did you even listen to the interview? It was a joke when he said it. He chuckled after he said it. He was very complimentary ton the team, Richardsons, fans, and city.
gamecockphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 11:05 PM   #451
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 3896416
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockphan View Post
You're not putting any context to his comments. Did you even listen to the interview? It was a joke when he said it. He chuckled after he said it. He was very complimentary ton the team, Richardsons, fans, and city.
Then I apologize I only read them. There was not any note of jest. He was complimentary that is why I said he went to far. Sorry if I was wrong
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 11:09 PM   #452
Spurrier_Superior_One
Banned

Male

Quote:
Then I apologize I only read them. There was not any note of jest. He was complimentary that is why I said he went to far. Sorry if I was wrong
Smitty loves Big Cat and his wife, the Panthers, and the fans, his beef and rightly so is with Gettleman.
Old 03-13-2014, 11:09 PM   #453
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Gamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot material

There is this one guy on the Huddle that GUARANTEES that we will trade up for Sammy Watkins. Most likely BS, but interesting.
Gamecocks321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 11:13 PM   #454
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Gamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot material

Apparently, Seattle will most likely resign Sidney Rice and with the news that the Panthers are not interested in Nicks, I have no idea what GM has up his sleeve. Getting a tad bit worried.
Old 03-13-2014, 11:13 PM   #455
gamecockphan
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 2200
gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material

Quote:
That's understandable. Twitter and the media really played up the comments w/o context so it's easy to view them as hostile instead of as a joke.
gamecockphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 11:22 PM   #456
Spurrier_Superior_One
Banned

Male

Quote:
Apparently, Seattle will most likely resign Sidney Rice and with the news that the Panthers are not interested in Nicks, I have no idea what GM has up his sleeve. Getting a tad bit worried.
We will probably resign Brandon LaFail as our #1 WR.
Old 03-13-2014, 11:32 PM   #457
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Old 03-13-2014, 11:40 PM   #458
Cockyktm
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockyktm has hatched from the shell

Quote:
That's if we are lucky
Cockyktm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 01:46 AM   #459
jch81
Blue Chip

Male

jch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudly

Quote:
There is this one guy on the Huddle that GUARANTEES that we will trade up for Sammy Watkins. Most likely BS, but interesting.
IF the Panthers could get Nicks and Watkins somehow that would be great. Not likely though. I just don't see the Panthers moving up that much to get him. I wish they would though lol
jch81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 01:55 AM   #460
FearThethumbandDJ
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1000
FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jch81 View Post
IF the Panthers could get Nicks and Watkins somehow that would be great. Not likely though. I just don't see the Panthers moving up that much to get him. I wish they would though lol
Why would we move up to take dropkins.
FearThethumbandDJ is offline   Reply With Quote