CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
MWard
75CarolinaFan
sanford
b381l
Aggie96
gamecockgal
TAFC 5 1981
WeStillOwnUSC
U-Dub Gamecock
Regalcock
Sidney Rice Retiring (1198)
Dan Patrick Show - P (552)
ESPN Insider (467)
Pictures of older Co (391)
Places to eat in Con (231)
Bonefish Grill (225)
SOS Dominating SEC M (204)
Tenn vs WVU in Charl (182)
This Song is the F'i (159)
What Are The Most Im (118)
Holy Hell, Indeed, SEC Ne
Green and Lammons
Another A&M aggie off
Texags
ESPN Insider
2015 - Johnny Frasier
Ace suspended 4 games
Places To Eat In Beufort
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
Stephen Garcia AMA on Red

Old 03-13-2014, 09:28 AM   #41
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1044
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material
Default Re: #13 Anthony Gill

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCohioBoy View Post
We were coming off a 21-10 season, not exactly sucking.
Yes, that was a season to remember(sarcasm). Gill came here to play for Horn. He thought we would become good, but it didn't happen and he jumped ship asap. He didn't want to play for CFM and he didn't want to play at USC. You guys can spin any which way you want, but that is the truth.

Our basketball program has been in disarray for sometime. A regular season win over #1 Kentucky and one SEC Championship that we didn't follow up on in the Big Dance doesn't change that. The last 20 years can be summed up with two names, Coppin State and Richmond. Every player that signs to play ball at USC knows this. They are playing here to make a change within the program.

I have nothing against Gill. But, I'd rather spend my time praising the players that stuck it out through thick and thin.
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 09:34 AM   #42
SCohioBoy
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
SCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by markymark550 View Post
Try again. We were 15-16 his junior year of high school. The 21-10 year was his sophomore year of high school. He had 2 years in high school to see how the program was trending.
HE commited on Oct 27, 2009- Right when we were coming off the 21-10 season. After he committed the 2009-2010 season started.

http://southcarolina.scout.com/a.z?s...cfg=bb&yr=2011
Old 03-13-2014, 09:44 AM   #43
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

Some coaches specialize in coaching thinking players, and some coaches specialize in coaching athletes. There is plenty of room in the middle, but CFM is on the far side.
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 10:04 AM   #44
markymark550
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material

Quote:
HE commited on Oct 27, 2009- Right when we were coming off the 21-10 season. After he committed the 2009-2010 season started.

http://southcarolina.scout.com/a.z?s...cfg=bb&yr=2011
So he verbally committed then, big whoop. He didn't sign his LOI until April of 2011, after 2 seasons of bad Gamecock basketball. He knew what he was coming into and it didn't get better while he was here. The coaching change was an opportunity for him to hit reset.

Don't really know why it matters. He wanted to play for Horn and I don't blame him for wanting to leave when Horn was canned. I don't wish the kid ill will for leaving, but I'm not going to be pulling for him and UVa either. Like someone else said, I simply don't care about what he's done since he's not here anymore.
markymark550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 10:13 AM   #45
SCohioBoy
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
SCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by markymark550 View Post
So he verbally committed then, big whoop. He didn't sign his LOI until April of 2011, after 2 seasons of bad Gamecock basketball. He knew what he was coming into and it didn't get better while he was here. The coaching change was an opportunity for him to hit reset.

Don't really know why it matters. He wanted to play for Horn and I don't blame him for wanting to leave when Horn was canned. I don't wish the kid ill will for leaving, but I'm not going to be pulling for him and UVa either. Like someone else said, I simply don't care about what he's done since he's not here anymore.
you realize basketball has an early signing period? He averaged 7.6pts and 4.7 boards as a freshman, he was a good player. Yes he wanted to play for Horn, but we were also doing well when he committed. It doesn't matter anymore. But no need for people to bash the kid.
Old 03-13-2014, 10:17 AM   #46
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

He chose not to be a Gamecock. He is dead to me.

#ModForMod
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 10:37 AM   #47
markymark550
Game MVP

Male

markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material

Quote:
you realize basketball has an early signing period? He averaged 7.6pts and 4.7 boards as a freshman, he was a good player. Yes he wanted to play for Horn, but we were also doing well when he committed.
Yes, I know there's an early signing period. However, that Oct 2009 date would be when he verbally committed as a junior. You can't sign an LOI until your senior year. He signed his LOI in April of 2011 according to 247sports. Between verbally committing and signing the LOI, we had 2 mediocre (bad if you're looking at conference results) years. Nothing is official until signing that LOI and I'm a bit surprised he never reopened his recruitment. Props to him for seeing it through, but he's gone now so whatever.
Old 03-14-2014, 01:41 AM   #48
snoopcockycock
AQUACOCK

Male

snoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot material

screw gill. he is not a gamecock. his is a different story than johnson. i have no love or hate for him, but i definitely am not pulling for him.

btw, isn't this supposed to be a forum for gamecocks. why don't the mods erase this crap? do the rules still matter?
Old 03-14-2014, 08:11 AM   #49
zambam
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 24050000
zambam is crowing loudlyzambam is crowing loudlyzambam is crowing loudlyzambam is crowing loudlyzambam is crowing loudlyzambam is crowing loudlyzambam is crowing loudlyzambam is crowing loudlyzambam is crowing loudlyzambam is crowing loudlyzambam is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopcockycock View Post
screw gill. he is not a gamecock. his is a different story than johnson. i have no love or hate for him, but i definitely am not pulling for him.

btw, isn't this supposed to be a forum for gamecocks. why don't the mods erase this crap? do the rules still matter?

This is in the locker room. Not sure what rules you think have been broken
zambam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 09:00 AM   #50
markymark550
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by zambam View Post
This is in the locker room. Not sure what rules you think have been broken
It was originally in Fowl Shots for a couple of days before being moved.
Old 03-14-2014, 06:17 PM   #51
Spurrier_Superior_One
Excuse Free Zone

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickerspl80 View Post
So you dont think that playing for the worst team in the SEC factored into it just a weeeeeee bit. Or like a whole lot. It cant be very fun playing on this basketball team right now or the past 3-6 years
He choose to come here and because we weren't winning and jumped ship, that means he had no love or respect for the program, University or fans. Glad he is gone but he didn't want to play with a coach that required them to actually bust their ass.
Old 03-14-2014, 09:34 PM   #52
USC-Hokie
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 700
USC-Hokie is developing his combUSC-Hokie is developing his combUSC-Hokie is developing his combUSC-Hokie is developing his combUSC-Hokie is developing his combUSC-Hokie is developing his combUSC-Hokie is developing his combUSC-Hokie is developing his comb

Worked at John Paul Jones Arena at UVA when he came through on his recruiting visit and while he was on his transfer year and the beginning of this year. I knew a couple of the coaches at UVA and they have nothing but good things to say about him. They said he is the ultimate team player and comes from a great family. That he and Malcolm Brogdon were the hardest working players off the court that they had. I don't think he ever really wanted to be at SC which is fine. He's now in a great situation at a great school with a great team. Good on him.
Old 03-14-2014, 09:52 PM   #53
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoNotch Dreams View Post
Gill had an ok freshman season. He's playing better on a much better team now. Good for him, though I'm not as upset about him leaving as I was initially.
exactly.....he was never going to be good enough to be a top player on a D-1 team...he's a good role player on a good Va team with a really good coach.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote