CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Fowl Shots

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
spareparts
TheUniversityofSC
COCKYTALKIN
Gamecocks1137
Lonnie
Spurticus
garnet_black215
markymark550
JerseyBird
MWard
Another A&M aggi (2599)
Green and Lammons (2289)
COMCAST TO CARRY SEC (997)
Comporium (736)
ESPN Car wash Spurri (672)
Dawg DL man arrested (616)
Stephen Garcia AMA o (589)
Nashville (427)
Georgia DE Jonathan (378)
Texags (373)
2014-2015 Men's Non Confe
Georgia DE Jonathan Taylo
Jake Coker
Another A&M aggie off
The Believer
Stephen Garcia AMA on Red
Holy Hell, Indeed, SEC Ne
2015 - Carlton Davis
Green and Lammons
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti

Old 03-14-2014, 12:09 PM   #21
Garnet Gamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
Garnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockfan View Post
We are this years Cinderella story. We WILL win the SEC and SHOCK the nation, and go to the NCAA Tournament.. Who's with me? GO COCKS!!!
This would be ridiculous if you weren't talking about a team from USC.

Remember when we beat #1 Kentucky in basketball?
Remember when we beat #1 Alabama in football?
Remember when we won back to back national championships in baseball?

No one ever expects the impossible from the Gamecocks...
Except Gamecock fans...
Because the Gamecocks achieve the impossible on a regular basis...

There's no limit to what solid coaching and total commitment can achieve.
Old 03-14-2014, 12:19 PM   #22
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

i am proud too. but if we get manhandled today i gaurantee people will be on someone's arse.

just remember people, before you hit the keys in a negative way, that we are tired and they are fresh.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 12:20 PM   #23
uscGRAD04
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

I'm most proud of the fact that these guys are showing so much effort and toughness this late in a season where most teams would've already given up. I think that's Frank Martin's imprint on the team. Add in the fact that we never got Ellington on the court and Ty Johnson's injuries, this team has grown so much despite adversity.
uscGRAD04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 12:41 PM   #24
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

They should be proud of themselves, for the way they have finished this season with heart and fight. I am not going to say, "I'm proud of them" because that is pointless. No one here did anything to make it happen. It was all them. People can preach about fan support all they want, but the players are the ones with the ball and the ones that have to dig deep within themselves to win these games. Fan pride doesn't do that. They are earning their respect which is a great sign for the future of this team.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 01:49 PM   #25
Gallo Pazzesco
Walk On

Male

Gallo Pazzesco is making other chickens nervousGallo Pazzesco is making other chickens nervousGallo Pazzesco is making other chickens nervousGallo Pazzesco is making other chickens nervousGallo Pazzesco is making other chickens nervousGallo Pazzesco is making other chickens nervousGallo Pazzesco is making other chickens nervous

I agree usc1, the way they are battling down the finish is enough to make us proud and give us hope for the future.

This could really turn-into a character building run to build upon for next season and, who knows, it might actually help us to recruit.

I also believe that all of this, all of these things that have happened, have been good for Frank Martin. He needed to be humbled just a bit and he needed to be reminded that his kids love and respect him and are counting on him for leadership and coaching and not just to have their arses chewed all the time. You have to have the right chemistry, the right mix, to make it happen and Martin appears to have become a bit more appreciative of what his players are willing to do for him. That's all he can really ask at this point.

All in all it has been something that might pay major dividends down the road for the program on many levels.

We have a snowball's chance of upsetting Tennessee today, but I still believe we'll fight.
Gallo Pazzesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 01:50 PM   #26
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
They should be proud of themselves, for the way they have finished this season with heart and fight. I am not going to say, "I'm proud of them" because that is pointless. No one here did anything to make it happen. It was all them. People can preach about fan support all they want, but the players are the ones with the ball and the ones that have to dig deep within themselves to win these games. Fan pride doesn't do that. They are earning their respect which is a great sign for the future of this team.
whatevs.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 01:51 PM   #27
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

Here's the thing...how many of us, this time last week, would have even dreamed we'd be 2-0 in the SECT this season?

If it's a fluke, so be it. I will enjoy every d*** minute of it! And I'm not even a basketball fan. I just watch because they are wearing the Garnet and Black. But darned if they didn't have me sitting on the edge of my seat (in my car no less) while parked outside Dress Barn in Summerville last night at the end of that game.
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 01:55 PM   #28
LBC
2nd Team All-American

Male

LBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot material

Quote:
You're certainly entitled to your opinion but I find it odd that you can't imagine having pride in one's University or Alma Mater for doing something worthy of being proud of. Just as one can be embarrassed by or disappointed in the same.

Being proud of someone or something doesn't mean you have to believe you had something to do with it.
LBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 02:31 PM   #29
AikenRooster
Most hated poster.

Male

CockyCash: 399
AikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AikenRooster

Quote:
I've never understood posts like this one. The team represents this state, and the residents thereof. What part of tribalism don't you understand. Don't all parents swell with pride when their children do something well? It's the same with the fans and the team. Besides, we're funding their education.
Old 03-14-2014, 02:34 PM   #30
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Dress Barn??
Old 03-14-2014, 02:37 PM   #31
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
Dress Barn??
Ladies' clothing store, specializes in business and business casual attire. I had a gift card to use!
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 05:54 PM   #32
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by AikenRooster View Post
I've never understood posts like this one. The team represents this state, and the residents thereof. What part of tribalism don't you understand. Don't all parents swell with pride when their children do something well? It's the same with the fans and the team. Besides, we're funding their education.
I am happy for them, sure. I happy for myself for my team being successful, at least little bit. That is tribalism. But I am not going to say I am "proud" that THEY busted their tails to get better. I am not their parent, neither are you. Frank Martin maybe should be proud. He raised them as basketball players I guess you can say. Let's not give ourselves a pat on the back for their hard work. I think we should should be thanking them or saying we appreciate them. But we are not the ones that have reason to be proud.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 05:58 PM   #33
SC Sandlapper
Mr. 10,000

Male

CockyCash: 1650
SC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot material

Quote:
I am happy for them, sure. I happy for myself for my team being successful, at least little bit. That is tribalism. But I am not going to say I am "proud" that THEY busted their tails to get better. I am not their parent, neither are you. Frank Martin maybe should be proud. He raised them as basketball players I guess you can say. Let's not give ourselves a pat on the back for their hard work. I think we should should be thanking them or saying we appreciate them. But we are not the ones that have reason to be proud.
Not me, I am proud to be proud.
SC Sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 05:59 PM   #34
superfly
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 900
superfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot material

They did themselves and the university proud. We ended on a positive note and lessons learned. That is an improvement in my book and that's what we were looking for. Now on to next season....
Old 03-14-2014, 06:06 PM   #35
markymark550
Game MVP

Male

markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material

Didn't want to post here until we either lost in the SECT or lost in the NCAAT (if we were able to have that miraculous run) because it felt like conceding defeat.

However, I'm very pleased with the way we ended this year, even with the lopsided loss today. It would have been very easy for this team to just fold it up and quit on the season after the UF game, but they fought hard and really showed that they are learning and improving. If the last 5 or 6 games are any indication, I think we are going to be a much improved team next year. Chat and Kacinas looked like they are starting to put it all together. A strong off-season by them and Henry should have the post looking a lot better than what I think many of us would expect. Getting Johnson back and having a true pg backup in Stroman should do wonders for our turnover problems. Most of all, I'm excited to see how Thornwell and Notice develop. Those 2 can fill it up and with better shooting and more consistency they will be major forces in the SEC.

I'm not suggesting we're NCAA tournament bound next year, but I don't think it's unreasonable to expect 8 or 9 conference wins and an invite to the NIT. Honestly, with where we've been the last 4-5 years, the NIT would be a big step forward.
markymark550 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 07:10 PM   #36
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200700
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cockhornleghorn

I think we will definitely turn the corner next year. Sindarius is going to be one of the best players to wear the garnet and black.
Old 03-14-2014, 07:21 PM   #37
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Im glad this team didnt have the attitude of some of our "fans" it would have given up before the halfway point. Great job by Frank Martin and his staff keeping these kids motivated. These two wins in the SEC Tourney were much more meaningful than just two wins. Good momentum for next year.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 10:39 PM   #38
scfanz
Starter

Male

scfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPit

Great finish to the season. The run at the end of the year shows tremendous promise for next year. Work hard and come out swinging next year.

Thanks for all your hard work and effort.

Go Cocks.
scfanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 12:50 AM   #39
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

CockyCash: 219000
GamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot material

Quote:
They represented our university well, that is reason to be proud, they showed that south carolinians dont quit and dont lie down, seems to me, to be good enough reason to be proud. Saying youre proud isnt giving yourself a pat on the back, its recognizing their accomplishments and improvement. We are the ones to be proud of our basketball team

for willy

Last edited by GamecockUltimate; 03-15-2014 at 02:20 PM.
GamecockUltimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 12:57 AM   #40
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Quote:
tool
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote