CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ConwayGamecock
Regalcock
JerseyBird
Gamecocks1137
thumpin big
smoovecock
markymark550
b381l
The Yancey
CockyGuy
Chattanooga upends N (914)
2014 Junkanoo Jam ** (877)
NEW Pics from South (632)
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLIN (328)
This Doctor Fell In (278)
Happy Thanksgiving C (213)
Strategy First Steam (129)
Penniless: Creed's S (85)
2014 Junkanoo Jam **USC W
THE Vent and Coaching Cha
Texans getting frustrated
Garcia vs Clemson Tom
Palmetto Bowl
Bowl projections
Carolina/Clemson game dre
Rivalry Thoughts and Pred
Name a Gamecock
Alshon - Bose

Old 12-18-2013, 05:41 PM   #61
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material
Default Re: What College Would You Choose?

To give you a different perspective, maybe this will help you out. I'm proud of my wife as she went to college in one of these towns!

http://travel.yahoo.com/ideas/americ...182803385.html
Old 12-18-2013, 05:44 PM   #62
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

As for me, I like Arizona State. However, I love beautiful campuses. Washington has a great campus. Southern California is great but way too many people (both LA and San Diego). Great vibe in Phoenix and you have all the major sports there plus Spring Training and great weather.

However, I might choose the school where my wife went. I would have loved to know her in college!
Old 12-18-2013, 07:14 PM   #63
BlueEagles06
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
BlueEagles06 rules the CockPitBlueEagles06 rules the CockPitBlueEagles06 rules the CockPitBlueEagles06 rules the CockPitBlueEagles06 rules the CockPitBlueEagles06 rules the CockPitBlueEagles06 rules the CockPitBlueEagles06 rules the CockPitBlueEagles06 rules the CockPitBlueEagles06 rules the CockPitBlueEagles06 rules the CockPit

1. Arizona State
2. Colorado
3. Washington
4. West Virginia
5. Minnesota
BlueEagles06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 07:18 PM   #64
GamecockSuperFan
Run 75% of the time

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
GamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot material

Seems like the consensus for most is Stanford.
GamecockSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 10:31 PM   #65
GamecockGuardsman
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 995100
GamecockGuardsman rules the CockPitGamecockGuardsman rules the CockPitGamecockGuardsman rules the CockPitGamecockGuardsman rules the CockPitGamecockGuardsman rules the CockPitGamecockGuardsman rules the CockPitGamecockGuardsman rules the CockPitGamecockGuardsman rules the CockPitGamecockGuardsman rules the CockPitGamecockGuardsman rules the CockPitGamecockGuardsman rules the CockPit

1. OU
2. LSU
3. Stanford
4. Michigan State
5. Oregon State
6. Arizona State
7. NC State
8. TCU
9. Louisville
10. ND
Old 12-18-2013, 11:27 PM   #66
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockSuperFan View Post
Seems like the consensus for most is Stanford.
I lived the first 15 years of my life in the Silicon Valley(Sunnyvale, CA) about 10 minutes from Stanford. It's a great and beautiful place to go to school. My dad got a job with Boeing, and we moved to Everett, WA when I was a Sophomore in HS. I went to a few U-Dub football games in HS, toured the campus, and I was hooked... U-Dub is one of the most beautiful campuses there in the the US.. If I could take the Northern California weather to Seattle, I would consider it damn near heaven.
Old 12-19-2013, 02:26 AM   #67
kre25
TIGER

Male

CockyCash: 25089595
kre25 is USC mascot materialkre25 is USC mascot materialkre25 is USC mascot materialkre25 is USC mascot materialkre25 is USC mascot materialkre25 is USC mascot materialkre25 is USC mascot materialkre25 is USC mascot materialkre25 is USC mascot materialkre25 is USC mascot materialkre25 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks321 View Post
If you were a high school football recruit and got offered by almost every school in the country except South Carolina, where would you go?
CLEMSON
Old 12-19-2013, 03:08 AM   #68
GTjacketcock
Hell of an Engineer

Male

GTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPit

Excluding Georgia Tech and Carolina, my top 5 would be:

1. Stanford: top 5 engineering school, beautiful weather, amazing campus, good football team that is a championship contender every year

2. Florida: another good engineering school, great campus, lots of good-looking women, SEC

3. LSU: good engineering school, beautiful campus, awesome stadium with rowdy fan base, SEC

4. Tennessee: good engineering school, incredible facilities, tradition, close to a lot of my family, SEC

5. Virginia Tech: top 10 engineering school, football-first fanbase, close to family, location in nice part of Virginia

My sign from Gameday at the Horseshoe
GTjacketcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 10:02 AM   #69
bmccall
legally alarmed

Male

CockyCash: 26001079
bmccall is USC mascot materialbmccall is USC mascot materialbmccall is USC mascot materialbmccall is USC mascot materialbmccall is USC mascot materialbmccall is USC mascot materialbmccall is USC mascot materialbmccall is USC mascot materialbmccall is USC mascot materialbmccall is USC mascot materialbmccall is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktguen View Post
Probably UGA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by InletCock1989 View Post
or UGA
bmccall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 10:05 AM   #70
bmccall
legally alarmed

Male

CockyCash: 26001079
bmccall is USC mascot materialbmccall is USC mascot materialbmccall is USC mascot materialbmccall is USC mascot materialbmccall is USC mascot materialbmccall is USC mascot materialbmccall is USC mascot materialbmccall is USC mascot materialbmccall is USC mascot materialbmccall is USC mascot materialbmccall is USC mascot material

1. Alabama
2. Michigan
3. Oklahoma
4. Stanford
5. LSU
bmccall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 11:05 AM   #71
FeartheSpur
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 717
FeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPit

FSU.... You get free shoes..., get to beat the shit out of Clemsux and only have to win one or two games to play for a NC.... 2nd would be Arizona State.... Have you seen those cheerleaders?
FeartheSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 01:17 PM   #72
SECgamecock453
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 15800
SECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPit
Send a message via AIM to SECgamecock453

Quote:
If you were a high school football recruit and got offered by almost every school in the country except South Carolina, where would you go?
Arizona State, Arizona, Southern California, UNLV, Colorado, Washington (I'm already a Huskies fan as well due to relatives)

I'd have way too many to consider, but it would definitely be out west.

SECgamecock453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 01:22 PM   #73
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-Dub Gamecock View Post
I lived the first 15 years of my life in the Silicon Valley(Sunnyvale, CA) about 10 minutes from Stanford. It's a great and beautiful place to go to school. My dad got a job with Boeing, and we moved to Everett, WA when I was a Sophomore in HS. I went to a few U-Dub football games in HS, toured the campus, and I was hooked... U-Dub is one of the most beautiful campuses there in the the US.. If I could take the Northern California weather to Seattle, I would consider it damn near heaven.
Living in northern California, I agree with you on the weather. Some of the best weather in the country (although So Cal people will tell you weather there is better). There is a reason so many people want to live here.

I've been to the UW campus two times now. Yes, it's very beautiful. I've got lots of photos from campus. The scene there at Drumheller and the quad with the Cherry Blossoms is beautiful.

I haven't spent much time at Stanford. Campus is beautiful in the places I've seen. And the weather is great. West Coast may not get enough attention for its beauty. There are some great places and schools out here.
Old 03-13-2014, 01:22 PM   #74
gamecockphan
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 2200
gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetInChicago View Post
Stanford. Pretty solid weather, one of if not the best academic schools out of major college football programs, chance at championships, and a good reputation for still producing NFL prospects.

Same.

Plus if I did not make it to the NFL you could have a great degree and make loot in one of the best areas of the country to live.
gamecockphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 01:31 PM   #75
davidmc467
Little Engine That Could

Male

davidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot material

I was always attracted to University of Washington.

Others to consider
Stanford
UGA
Old 03-13-2014, 01:32 PM   #76
St. Louis Gamecock
Recruit

Male

St. Louis Gamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSt. Louis Gamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSt. Louis Gamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSt. Louis Gamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSt. Louis Gamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSt. Louis Gamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSt. Louis Gamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSt. Louis Gamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSt. Louis Gamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSt. Louis Gamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSt. Louis Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons

Ivy League or Maine for me. Fall is beautiful in the Northeast and cold Saturdays - perfect!!! The colder, the better!
St. Louis Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 02:15 PM   #77
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by St. Louis Gamecock View Post
Ivy League or Maine for me. Fall is beautiful in the Northeast and cold Saturdays - perfect!!! The colder, the better!
Fall in cool weather is great, especially with the leaves changing. However, they also have winter and that's problem

And if we are still talking football or athletic scholarships, you better go to BC or Syracuse or be really good at ice hockey!
Old 03-15-2014, 09:03 PM   #78
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by kre25 View Post
CLEMSON

So you can go to any school in the country and you pick Clemson.

For me, Air Force, West Point, Williams......
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 04:21 PM   #79
bigduff32
Freshman All-American

Male

CockyCash: 200
bigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his comb

Georgia...

Beautiful campus, and women... And I really like mark richt
Old 03-16-2014, 04:26 PM   #80
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
If your not a Gamecock, your GATOR BAIT !!! UF
USCBASEBALL1 is offline   Reply With Quote