CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > iCocky

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
thumpin big
U-Dub Gamecock
smoovecock
rosstheboss
STEPHONGILMOREFAN!
markymark550
M.C.
FilchCock
bigoleCOCK3521
Shaq Roland (3137)
clemson game time: N (2157)
**USC Women vs. San (1567)
The Defense (1432)
Women's soccer Sweet (1275)
2014 Charleston Clas (1030)
3,000 / 1,000 / 1,00 (832)
injury report? (547)
Tenn-Mizzou game (450)
Your favorite Greate (365)
2014 Charleston Classic:
Spurrier on Pharoah: &quo
The Defense
Gamecock Men Have Been Fa
**USC Women vs. San Diego
For Discussing The Clemso
Shaq Roland
Texans getting frustrated
USC/clemson spread
Melvin Gordon - sets all

Old 10-30-2013, 11:56 PM   #21
CaptainCock91
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 495
CaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot material
Default Re: iphone5 or android phone ?

Just got a Galaxy S3 last week and love it so far. I can't find anything that an iphone can do that the S3 can't.

I used to want an iphone, but was turned off of them once I saw how Apple tries to force people into newer products after a few years. I got a second generation ipod touch back in 2008 (a few months after it came out), then upgraded to a 4th generation touch in 2010. I gave my dad the older one, but he can no longer download apps to it, since all apps require a newer iOS (that isn't supported by the device). They do stuff like this with iphones too-iOS7 makes the older phones run incredibly slow and kills the battery. I figure that once my ipod touch doesn't support new apps, I'm done with Apple.

They also seem to hold back some new features on the new iphones. One example is 4G. HTC released the EVO 4G in 2010, but the iphone 5 was the first iphone that had 4G, and it was released in 2012. They gotta keep people coming back to buy the newest iphone every year.
Old 10-31-2013, 12:06 AM   #22
garnetchicken
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 550
garnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot material

HTC ONE!
garnetchicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 12:16 AM   #23
bravecock524
Nesemiea

Male

CockyCash: 40960
bravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPit

I would check out them both in person first the Note 3 is a large device if you haven't held one before I would do that before you decide. The new Nexus phone is coming out soon, it is a phone designed by Google and will give you the best android experience of any phone out there. It has top notch specs and will be 349$ off contract. So if you are signing a new contract it will probably be under 100 dollars.
bravecock524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 07:36 AM   #24
Spur's Addiction
Been caught moddin'...

Male

CockyCash: 200
Spur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCock91 View Post

I used to want an iphone, but was turned off of them once I saw how Apple tries to force people into newer products after a few years. I got a second generation ipod touch back in 2008 (a few months after it came out), then upgraded to a 4th generation touch in 2010. I gave my dad the older one, but he can no longer download apps to it, since all apps require a newer iOS (that isn't supported by the device).
I have a 2nd gen iPod touch and they recently changed their app store so you can download old apps. When you pick an app it asks you if you want to download an older , compatible version of the app.
Old 10-31-2013, 03:55 PM   #25
4|_3|<54/\/|)3R
CT's resident law student

Male

CockyCash: 500
4|_3|<54/\/|)3R is USC mascot material4|_3|<54/\/|)3R is USC mascot material4|_3|<54/\/|)3R is USC mascot material4|_3|<54/\/|)3R is USC mascot material4|_3|<54/\/|)3R is USC mascot material4|_3|<54/\/|)3R is USC mascot material4|_3|<54/\/|)3R is USC mascot material4|_3|<54/\/|)3R is USC mascot material4|_3|<54/\/|)3R is USC mascot material4|_3|<54/\/|)3R is USC mascot material4|_3|<54/\/|)3R is USC mascot material

S4 is the best phone I've ever had. Only negative (depending on your perspective) is that it's not something you can easily fit in your pockets, but that's why they have Otterboxes now!

As a student at USC: Gamecocks record 40-25 (21-19)
GO COCKS!
4|_3|<54/\/|)3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 07:09 AM   #26
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

I'm going to get a new phone today and will be switching from Verizon to ATT. I'm thinking 75% GS4 and 25% iPhone 5s.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 10:05 AM   #27
RockRocks787
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1510
RockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPit
Send a message via AIM to RockRocks787

Went from a Droid X to a Samsung Charge to an iPhone 5. iPhone 5 is by far my favorite.

RockRocks787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 10:11 AM   #28
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRocks787 View Post
Went from a Droid X to a Samsung Charge to an iPhone 5. iPhone 5 is by far my favorite.
Of those three I agree that the iphone would be best. I think that the S4 would be better. I am leapfrogging it however and keeping my S3 until fall and then will upgrade to the S5.

Order Of The Spur
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 10:15 AM   #29
Gamecockfanatic4
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 4567500
Gamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gamecockfanatic4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan View Post
I'm going to get a new phone today and will be switching from Verizon to ATT. I'm thinking 75% GS4 and 25% iPhone 5s.
I would wait until the S5 comes out soon

Gamecockfanatic4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 11:10 AM   #30
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecockfanatic4 View Post
I would wait until the S5 comes out soon
I know but my Verizon plan is ending tomorrow and I'm switching to ATT. Gonna go ahead and get a new phone today.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 11:35 AM   #31
ashley29666
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
ashley29666 has feathers coming inashley29666 has feathers coming in

android
ashley29666 is offline   Reply With Quote